Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
stranger
stranger
D
It is looking to bright, this eliminate the effect of shadows. Also the face are overexposed. This Comic look ruins the Atmosphere of a D&D Game.

Originally Posted by kyrthorsen
Even though I'm of opinion this is actually DOS3 named BG3 for marketing purposes, because I love the BG franchise I can list some minor improvements that could make the game more close to BG1 and BG2:
Thanks.

Judging by your logic, the sun never shines in d&d and everything is in ruins?

Is Baldur's Gate really a dark fantasy without humor? Looking at Minsc and Boo biggrin

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by kyrthorsen

Ok mister fanboy I see that you absolutely love the BG3 demo and for you everything is obviously just great and there is no room for improvment.

Yes, BG1 and 2 had some humor in it, but it wasn't over the top and the overall game was dark fantasy.

The humor used in DOS games is all about parody of some old style crpg games. I don't like it and don't want to see it in BG3, neither do other people.

Whom are you calling a fanboy, and for what? And why? You shouldn't call people names based on assumptions.

I personally didn't like D:OS I and II. I assume you meant I'm a fan of those games - but I am not. I bought/backed both but quit both games after a few hours: not my cup of tea - too goofy indeed and mechanically weird (although I appreciate the general systemic approach Larian uses).

I am indeed a fan of Baldur's Gate I&II, Icewind Dale I&II and Neverwinter Nights I&II though. Dragon Age: Origins, too. I'm also a fan of Pillars of Eternity (pretty dark tone overall, not that many jokes besides certain banter) and Deadfire (more light but still serious). They all have RTwP by the way so please don't accuse me to be a Turn Based fanboy either. I think I am one of the players with the most hours in those games (besides some QA folks maybe). I think it's 10k hours of RTwP RPGs games combined. Pretty fanboish I guess. I even played Tyranny for 250 hours but didn't like it very much. D:OS I and II only entertained me for 8 hours each until I quit.

Yet I am not hell bent on idealizing those games I love and put them on a pedestal while dragging new approaches like BG3 through the mud after seeing a pre-alpha gameplay reveal which actually looked pretty darn good for only 8 months of development. Not even speaking about the amazing cinematics (for what used to be a non-AAA studio that made CRPGs without big cinematics so far).

I can very well separate one game from another. I can also like different combat modes or art styles. I also can analyze things I saw without using blatantly hyperbole and nonsensical statements like "beaches are silly and stupid" - I mean come on... really? Those are beaches. What should they have to make them less stupid? Black sand?

You can totally feel and express that you don't like what you saw so far. But don't expect people to simply swallow it when you use such a provoking form. How you say it can be as important as what you say. If you really want the game to become darker and not only to vent steam your goal should be to convince the developer that you have some valid and solid points and present them decently and with persuasiveness. Calling beaches stupid and silly just makes it hard to take your arguments seriously. Your opening post was unconstructive, unitentionally funny and goofy itself because you chose to overexaggerate every point you wanted to make and tried to paint a black & white picture when comparing BG I and II with what we saw in the reveal of BGIII. A more reasonable approach would have had more impact on anybody who is in the position to alter the game (if a single forum post has any impact in the first place).

As I said: the teaser and cinematics so far were pretty dark - even gory at some point. So it's not unreasonable to assume that the whole game will have a darker tone than the light-hearted D:OS games. Maybe - just maybe - some lighter tones and moments in the beginning of the game will be used to have a bigger contrast once the events take a darker turn?

Last edited by Boeroer; 02/03/20 09:05 AM.
stranger
stranger
I agree, they need more serious, dark characters... Like BG1 and 2? Wait, what?

stranger
stranger
Yes, agreed, I would really like the tone, atmosphere, animations all to be darker than what's been revealed so far. It's very comic and cartoony so far.

veteran
veteran
Interesting how the first teaser was forgotten.

S
veteran
veteran
S
You dumb...

for real i ought to watch my language here, because you people certainly make it hard.

Wheres the cartoony bits?
Youre just making this stuff up.
Show me screenshots.

One of you, at least one of you has to have the Balls to take a screenshot of Baldurs Gate 3s gameplay presentaiton and compare it to ANY comic, any cartoon, any stylized video game and show me WHERE the simmilarities are.
Likewise ONE of you might have the BALLS to make a Screenshot of Baldurs Gate 1 or 2, and a Screenshot of a simmilar location in the gameplay demo and show me where Baldurs Gate 1 or 2 or the expansion are more "Gritty" or "Dark"

I dare you,
You wont do it because you cannot.

Because you parrot stuff simpyl so you can be angry.
Come on, theres over an hour of footage, you can probably find something. Go on. I dare you.

And as long as not one of you has provided this VERY easy explanation of your problems, you ltiraly can go on google, it takes 5 minutes if its oh so blatant.
As long as not ONE of you, not all of you, i only need one, has demonstrated that this complaint is in ANY way based on actual observations and not on butthurt feelings every sinlge one of you is a Liar.

Come on, you can do it, you can defend the credability of at least 20 of new 3 post accounts now.
5 minutes of your time to make those 20+ different, allegedly, people not look like petulant children.

I realy want to know what Chinese off brand version of Baldurs Gate you played that it had "horror game visuals"

Last edited by Sordak; 02/03/20 02:16 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I'm totally agree with the op, a reskin of UI, mouse cursor and items will be a good first step.

Less shiny ambience is a wish IMO, Larian have a very trouble with sunny beach. It's a filler in all Divinity, I think it's a belgian desire but stop it and back with dark forest and less gama.

He who breaks a thing to understand what it is, has left the path of reason.

J.R.R TOLKIEN
stranger
stranger
"Please remove the stupid jumping perk/skill you have in your "BG3" it looks rediculous"

Couldn't agree more on any of your points

Spoiler : they won't remove it

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sordak
You dumb...

for real i ought to watch my language here, because you people certainly make it hard.

Show me screenshots.

One of you, at least one of you has to have the Balls to take a screenshot of Baldurs Gate 3s gameplay presentaiton and compare it to ANY comic, any cartoon, any stylized video game and show me WHERE the simmilarities are.
Likewise ONE of you might have the BALLS to make a Screenshot of Baldurs Gate 1 or 2, and a Screenshot of a simmilar location in the gameplay demo and show me where Baldurs Gate 1 or 2 or the expansion are more "Gritty" or "Dark"

I dare you,

Come on, theres over an hour of footage, you can probably find something. Go on. I dare you.

And as long as not one of you has provided this VERY easy explanation of your problems, you ltiraly can go on google, it takes 5 minutes if its oh so blatant.
As long as not ONE of you, not all of you, i only need one, has demonstrated that this complaint is in ANY way based on actual observations and not on butthurt feelings every sinlge one of you is a Liar.

Come on, you can do it, you can defend the credability of at least 20 of new 3 post accounts now.
5 minutes of your time to make those 20+ different, allegedly, people not look like petulant children.

I realy want to know what Chinese off brand version of Baldurs Gate you played that it had "horror game visuals"

What a pity, a real avatar of salt.

Can you be objective, the ambience of the demo is very shiny with high gama, saturated colors and a feeric atmosphere. The Frostbite Engine used in Dragon Age saga has exactly the same trouble.

It's not about the story of Illithid and curses it's about atmosphere and artistic direction.

Last edited by DaKatarn; 02/03/20 02:25 PM.

J.R.R TOLKIEN
S
veteran
veteran
S
Oh no bros!
not the cartoony graphics no!
oh the colours
[Linked Image]

Oh no no no! Not the sunny beaches
The colour palette! its so bright! it hurts my eyes

[img]https://imgur.com/iIdBATN[/img]

LAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!

inb4 someone complains that these are map images or from enhanced edition, im too lazy to go download BG2 again from GoG just to make a point.

EDIT: Im salty?
Bruh, im getting the game i want, it is you who is sperging out impotently.
Im just flabbergasted by the sheer petulance and nonsensical appeal to a game that doenst exist.
I dont mnd the RTWP people throwing a fit, that amuses me.
But this just makes you question the community as a whole. How so many people can repeat the same nonsense without double checking the game they supposedly love so much

Last edited by Sordak; 02/03/20 02:32 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
You dumb...

for real i ought to watch my language here

Please do so.

Thank you.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Interesting how the first teaser was forgotten.

Sshhhh … don't spoil their narrative.

apprentice
apprentice
Oh no bros!
not the cartoony graphics no!
oh the colours
[Linked Image]

Oh no no no! Not the sunny beaches
The colour palette! its so bright! it hurts my eyes

[img]https://imgur.com/iIdBATN[/img]

LAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!

inb4 someone complains that these are map images or from enhanced edition, im too lazy to go download BG2 again from GoG just to make a point.

EDIT: Im salty?
Bruh, im getting the game i want, it is you who is sperging out impotently.
Im just flabbergasted by the sheer petulance and nonsensical appeal to a game that doenst exist.
I dont mnd the RTWP people throwing a fit, that amuses me.
But this just makes you question the community as a whole. How so many people can repeat the same nonsense without double checking the game they supposedly love so much

Oh the fire is yellow, what a surprise... Your level of blindness or bad faith is really high tier. Is it so hard to talk about gama level, ambiance and art design?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And now, look at the Dragon Age's Frostbite Engine:

[Linked Image]

Do you see the difference? If not you'r just a retarded troll and enjoy your life smile.

Last edited by DaKatarn; 02/03/20 02:53 PM.

J.R.R TOLKIEN
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by DaKatarn
Your level of blindness or bad faith is really high tier. Is it so hard to talk about gama level, ambiance and art design?

Do you see the difference? If not you'r just a retarded troll and enjoy your life smile.

That's quite enough of that, thank you.

J'aime le fromage.
S
veteran
veteran
S
DaKatarn

Oh no! im absolutley BTFOd, Baldurs gate has levels with shading!
And Baldurs Gate 3 only has brightly li-

[Linked Image]

Theres probably a better screenshot out there but i didnt want to waste time on this nonsense anymore.

So far youve proven that Both BG and BG3 have bright and Dark areas!

Thank you for making my point for me.
so ill be here in case any of you yappers actually bothers to add facts to their arguments.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by DaKatarn
Your level of blindness or bad faith is really high tier. Is it so hard to talk about gama level, ambiance and art design?

That's quite enough of that, thank you.

Not a fair comparison between a 2d game and a relatively cutting edge engine.

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

looks bright to me

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
looks bright to me

First screenshot could almost be Divine Divinity...

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
You dumb...

Show me screenshots.

I dare you,

The whole point of this thread was to give feedback to developers about what could be improved to give the game a more BG vibe.

The point is not to insult each other.

Yea, I do feel that sunny beaches and jumping like spider man is stupid and does not belong to BG.

But, I dont want to offend the devs because of that.

The devs need to understand they are making BG, not DOS, so they must change their design and art so that the game looks like BG3, not DOS3.

Reading the comments of manny people on this forum, I'm quite sure that many are just pretending to be BG experts.

BG was a really dark game with really dark themes. Sure, there was humor and fun too, but not in a goofy way, but more in a high/darkf fantasy kind of way.

Larian and their sunny beaches, clams, fish and what not - not BG material.

Allreday I can see they will want to stuff the inventory to the gills - in BG you had small inventories and that was great.

Larian in DOS gives you an absurd amount of items - this needs to be cut short.

I'm just trying to give some good, hard and critical advice, sure some people will get offended.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard