Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
My favourite deities are Mystra and Sune

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
veteran
Online Sad
veteran
Corellon. Period. His put-down of Llolth is legendary!

Lathander is a good second-best.

veteran
veteran
I also took a liking on Sune from previous versions. Not only because is the deity of passion and arts but because it is the only deity that accepts caotic good paladins. In fact, that is the reason I picked lady firehair as my deity in several occasions.

I also like Leira, lady of lies. I mean, you have to like a deity that you do not know if he is alive or not, or even if he exists, and you lose her favor if you try to figure it out XD
Bonus points because she is not even an evil deity...

N
old hand
old hand
N
For me, it has always been Midnight (Mystra), from my first D&D campaign in 1987 until now. I find the concept of a deity for magic very interesting. Lolth would come second, as the drow is my favorite race in the setting.

Banned
Banned
I know it isn't Forgotten Realms, but Fizban will always hold a special place in my heart for how he treats Tasslehoff.

journeyman
journeyman
My Bard - Sune and Cyric

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by _Vic_
I also took a liking on Sune from previous versions. Not only because is the deity of passion and arts but because it is the only deity that accepts caotic good paladins. In fact, that is the reason I picked lady firehair as my deity in several occasions.

I also like Leira, lady of lies. I mean, you have to like a deity that you do not know if he is alive or not, or even if he exists, and you lose her favor if you try to figure it out XD

Huh.. Isn't Leira the goddess of Illusion?
Cyric (the mad) is the god of Lies. Right?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Cirolle
Originally Posted by _Vic_

Huh.. Isn't Leira the goddess of Illusion?
Cyric (the mad) is the god of Lies. Right?

Yep she was killed by Cyric and Mask Ao bringing her back to life in 4th or 5th edition so I think Cyric is just the god of madness now

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
veteran
veteran
Mystra, Amaunator and Savras. And Tharizdun!

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 07/03/20 09:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
Mystra -- magic makes D&D interesting and I always play spell casting characters

Sharess because I always wanted Viconia to convert to her worship

S
veteran
veteran
S
most forgotten realm deties ae lame as hell.
ilmater is cool i guess

stranger
stranger
I have always been a fan of Oghma and Deneir. Maybe that is due to them being knowledge deities.

My favorite deities include: Rillifane Rallathil (wood elf god of nature), Leira (goddess of illusion), Deneir (god of writing), Umberlee (goddess of the sea), Surtut (god of fire giants), Malar (god of the hunt), and The Red Knight (goddess of strategy).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Mystra -- magic makes D&D interesting and I always play spell casting characters

I am kinda in the same boat as you when it comes down to Mystra but I also have audiobooks of Elminster stories

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

I am kinda in the same boat as you when it comes down to Mystra but I also have audiobooks of Elminster stories

Nice. Ed Greenwood is really the soul of the Forgotten Realms. While BG2 was the better game by far I think BG1 did a better job of capturing Greenwood's vibe. The idyllic farm is about to attacked by: kobalds! Sneaky, evil creatures that need to boot to their backside. If only some brave adventurers would happen along . . .

Hoping they include a option to be a priest of Mystra.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Nice. Ed Greenwood is really the soul of the Forgotten Realms. While BG2 was the better game by far I think BG1 did a better job of capturing Greenwood's vibe. The idyllic farm is about to attacked by: kobalds! Sneaky, evil creatures that need to boot to their backside. If only some brave adventurers would happen along . . .

Hoping they include a option to be a priest of Mystra.

I am just glad that in 5e Mystra is back to the way she was before midnight become the new Mystra I really did not like the new Mystra but the good thing with 5e Mystra is that she has the memories of the old Mystra and Mystryl which I like a lot smile

addict
addict
AO

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Doomlord
AO

Funny how a god who does not like to get involved ends up getting in involved a lot in the forgotten realms

addict
addict
Selûne and Shar (and are both present in the shown gameplay presentation of BG3 via Shadowheart and the ruins visited having Selûne holy symbol in it)

I also like Siamorphe and the Red Knight.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I always like Tymora.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard