Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello I would like to ask for help or any advice on how to solve this.
My friend bought me a Steam version of the original Divinity Original Sin and Divinity Original Sin Enchanced Edition. I installed the Enchanced Edition and launched it for the first time but I had only black screen with cursor and no sound. I thought that reinstalling would help but unfortunately it didnt. So I talked to my friend who pointed me to this page on Steam where somebody had similar problem so I tried the solution posted by Raze there.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/373420/discussions/0/1471969431580869261/

I proceeded as written there but there was no change so my friend through remote viewing tried to manually changed the settings in some document within the files to match my laptop. This also didnt work. I tried then later to launch the game outside of Steam and it crashed immediatelly. My friend thought that I had conflict between graphic cards since I have both Nvidia and Radeon so he tried to turn Nvidia off and launched DosEE but still again the problem persisted.
I tried the to install the original game and it worked without a flaw but Enchanced Edition doesnt work and I am completely clueless and would appreciate any help.

"Come not between the dragon, and her wrath."
Support
Support

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Try right clicking the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' option (set it to Application), maybe run as administrator and disable fullscreen optimization, and set a Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy), or post/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc. Also check the '..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping' folder for the gold.log file, and if there are any 'CrashDump' files being created, zip a few together to include.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard