Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#664005 15/03/20 06:21 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So what monster companion would you lot like to have in Baldur's Gate 3? I would like to have a Succubus as a companion what can I say I have a thing for Succubus don't judge me lol

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
Githzerai, because I think they are at least ten times cooler, than githyanki, if you would play planescape torment you would know... smile

Although I doubt, that they would go crazy adding a lot of monster races, as I think they are a lot of work. Maybe with some shapeshifting or modded items, you can play around with different avatars at battles...
I am quite happy already, that they have drow,
if they would have originally planned Githzerai as playable race next to Githyanki I would be already very-very happy for the game, hoping to get my first physical copy of my collector s edition, as soon as possible if they have. smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Minsc1122
Githzerai, because I think they are at least ten times cooler, than githyanki, if you would play planescape torment you would know... smile

Although I doubt, that they would go crazy adding a lot of monster races, as I think they are a lot of work. Maybe with some shapeshifting or modded items, you can play around with different avatars at battles...
if they would have originally planned Githzerai as playable race next to Githyanki I would be already very-very happy for the game, hoping to get my first physical copy of my collector s edition, as soon as possible if they have. smile

I have played Planescape Torment but I have also played Neverwinter Nights 2 which I think tells us more about the Githzerai and the Githyanki also you end up getting the sword of Gith the funder of the Githyanki but the Githzerai and the Githyanki are not really monsters I was thinking on the lines of Kobolds or Goblins

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Originally Posted by Minsc1122

I have played Planescape Torment but I have also played Neverwinter Nights 2 which I think tells us more about the Githzerai and the Githyanki also you end up getting the sword of Gith the funder of the Githyanki but the Githzerai and the Githyanki are not really monsters I was thinking on the lines of Kobolds or Goblins

Githzerai vs Githyanki is like comparing, the revolution of Gandhi vs the bloody French Revolution. Both is for the good cause, but one of them is more spiritual, therefore more philosophical.
I would love to play my main character as a Githzerai monk or someone in touch with the teaching of Zerthimon. smile

Regarding the real monster companions, I am happy to see some kind of Lycanthrope, Yuan-ti pureblood, a burning man, or a flying skull xD...
Anyway these are not important for me, maybe in future expansions or future dlcs... smile
Goblins would be a trouble, as I think we will meet a lot of goblins as enemies and they are better as enemies.

S
veteran
veteran
S
you mean as in characters?
well dont the gith technically count? or drow?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sordak
you mean as in characters?
well dont the gith technically count? or drow?

Well Githyanki and the Drow are not a monster race I mean the two best monster companions that I can think of is Deekin Scalesinger who is a Kobold in Neverwinter Nights Shadows of Undrentide and Neverwinter Hordes of the Underdark than you have Nok-Nok who is a Goblin in Pathfinder Kingmaker

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would like a flump as a companion.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
I would like a flump as a companion.

That would be fun to have in BG3 lol
[Linked Image]

addict
addict
A giant wombat.

Don't think it's in any official literature, but what can I say - I like Wombats smile

journeyman
journeyman
I think you meant giant miniature space wombat smile

S
veteran
veteran
S
FLUUUUUUUUMPF!

that was low hanging fruit admittedly.....

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I do like the idea of a female Goblin just so long as she has the personality of Nott from Critical Role

apprentice
apprentice
I would love different companion options.
The game could be more ambitious.
But Larian and his limitations.. frown

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
So what monster companion would you lot like to have in Baldur's Gate 3? I would like to have a Succubus as a companion what can I say I have a thing for Succubus don't judge me lol

You can have a Tiefling and pretend she's one smile

journeyman
journeyman
Generally, I hate monster companions.

But what I hate the most is the rainbow coalition party, that looks like a diversity add, where the PC gathers a member of every race and group (even enemies, monsters, undead, robots) because he's just THAT good and charismatic.
It screams special snowflake from miles away.

S
veteran
veteran
S
youd get so triggered by mask of the betrayer...

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sordak
youd get so triggered by mask of the betrayer...

Lol pretty much every dnd video game always have the odd ball as a monster companion it is not always a monster companion but 90% of the time it is

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ellderon
Generally, I hate monster companions.

But what I hate the most is the rainbow coalition party, that looks like a diversity add, where the PC gathers a member of every race and group (even enemies, monsters, undead, robots) because he's just THAT good and charismatic.
It screams special snowflake from miles away.

Looking at your posts the best game would be most vanilla blandest humans party pressing attack button over and over again. Preferably with weapons that have no magic properties. Just the most basic bland shit. And the funniest part is - it's hyperbole, but not a big one.

Last edited by TadasGa; 18/03/20 01:28 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Ellderon
It screams special snowflake [...]

Originally Posted by TadasGa
Looking at your posts [...]

Guys, let's not do either of these things. Thanks.

J'aime le fromage.
S
veteran
veteran
S
reminder that if you dont play a male human fighter in a gritty high lehtality low magic mercenary company campaign where your character is dying at level 0.5 from dysentry youre having badwrongfun

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard