Next Thread
Print Thread
P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Hi everyone. I could use some advice.

I think the biggest mistake I've made in this game is my magic user. I chose Loshe and had her focus on fire, water and air magic. The rest of the party are all physical damage dealers. So naturally the three other party members are attacking physical armor and poor Lohse is attacking magic armor all on her own, chipping it away in the hopes she'll at some point get to actually use a spell and not have it blocked.

I'm really struggling with the difficulty with the game (Classic) and having one character not pulling their weight is a severe handicap.

So I thought about just completely respecing her with the mirror and make a wayfarer or something but I'd rather not do that. It seems a bit like cheating plus I'd like to be able to explain things from a roleplaying perspective.

So I was hoping to take the character I have and somehow make her more effective, and I was hoping to get some help with that. For example I was thinking about Summoning. I could just start pumping points into Summoning from now on but I've never played that class and don't know how it works, how to buff the incarnate for instance. Also if I did that would the points I've put into air, fire and water (3 each) be wasted? If so I may as well just respec, but at least that way I'd only be respecing her skills, not her attributes.

Can anyone help with that or suggest something else please?

Cheers everyone.

Addendum: I've been looking at some build guides and an appealing one is Battlemage focusing on fire damage and staffs. That would go well with how I'm specced now. But wouldn't I encounter the same problem? Getting through magic armor.

Last edited by Phil5000; 18/03/20 04:24 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Ran into that too but in the other way (three magic, one physical). There are spells that break down physical armor (tentacle whip, decay, I think shackles of pain, etc) but I wouldn't change your mage. Some monsters are very good against physical and wimps versus magic so having a mage is quite valuable. I thought of trying an all physical group as well as an all magic group but haven't done so as of yet.

P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by caninelegion
Ran into that too but in the other way (three magic, one physical). There are spells that break down physical armor (tentacle whip, decay, I think shackles of pain, etc) but I wouldn't change your mage. Some monsters are very good against physical and wimps versus magic so having a mage is quite valuable. I thought of trying an all physical group as well as an all magic group but haven't done so as of yet.

Thanks for the advice, I decided to keep her but in the end I had to turn the difficulty down as I literally couldn't proceed with the game because every avenue was blocked by an impossible fight (this is just after arriving at Driftwood), so it doesn't really matter now as Explorer mode is a cakewalk, which is still no fun but at least I can play the game now whereas on Classic I was on the verge of quitting.

Thanks again.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
In general, fire and water magic schools don't mix very well. Fire is meant to burn things and water is meant to freeze them. Water combos well with air. Also, I would recommend focusing just two schools instead of three. The extra points from the third into the two should add some damage to them. Just a thought.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard