Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#664419 18/03/20 06:38 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

A friend and I are playing through on co-op. As we try to exit Luculla mines, we get a savegame error 200 and crash to main menu. This happens in co-op and with him trying to progress in single player, and this happens regardless of which of us follows the prompt.

https://i.imgur.com/817GCsO.png

Here is what the screen looks like when we fail to exit the mines

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z8y0kmkfwdx6b8/QuickSave_3.lsv?dl=0

Here is the save that we are using and trying to progress with

This is on the Enhanced Edition through Steam

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by vometia; 18/03/20 06:47 PM. Reason: links
Support
Support

Error code 200 is a problem loading the level cache. I get the same error here, checking your save (specifically, with the Luculla Forest level file).

Do you have any saves before entering the mines where you can leave and return to Luculla Forest, or in the mines where you can leave?

stranger
stranger
Hi Raze, thanks for the quick response. Our most recent full save is inside of the mines right after encountering Dreksis, and I am able to leave the mines and walk to what should be the exit portal from the Entrance Hall without any issue.

If it comes down to it we could try doing the mines over again from that save, but as we did not leave the mines (and thus didn't interact with the rest of Luculla Forest) between the last full save and the save at which we are stuck, I worry that the error is either specific to traveling via the mirror or that it is caused by something within the mines.

If it makes any difference, we have not killed the orcs surrounding the exit mirror and it appears broken if I walk over to it. Is there something we were supposed to do that causes the exit mirror to be repaired?

Last edited by epiqu1n; 18/03/20 08:59 PM.
Support
Support

The mirror in the Luculla Forest is indeed broken before you complete the mines. It will be fixed and working after escaping through the mirror system there, and can be used to return to the temple area, if necessary (the mines get flooded with lava).

stranger
stranger
I see. Is it possible to somehow merge the Luculla Forest level data from our full save into the quicksave, or is our only option to try running through the mines again from the full save?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Since our pre-dreksis save is able to access the forest, can you think of any events in the mines that affect forest world state that could be causing this corruption? Is there any way to deal with those events in a different way?

Support
Support

Yes, if you did not leave the mines, as far as I know it shouldn't cause any problem to use the Luculla Forest data from the start of the mine with the save at the end.
As long as the mirror is fixed upon leaving the temple area, rather than with the collapse of the mines and them getting filled with lava, that is (though you have Leandra's spell IIRC, so there is not much reason to return). I'm not sure if there are any other events in the mines that affect Luculla Forest. It is moderately easy to check, though, and you can revert to the earlier save if there are any issues.

The save file format can be decompressed by the EE pak extractor program (download).
After starting the ConverterApp.exe program, switch to the 'PAK / LSV Tools' tab, in the 'Extract Package' section, for the 'Package path' browse to the save's lsv file, then for the 'Destination path' browse to that or another profile's savegames_patch folder and enter a new folder for the extracted files (you can copy/paste the path from the path listed above and edit it; ie to be '..\savegames_patch\SaveName-extracted') and click the 'Extract Package' button.
After you do this for the save at the beginning and end of the mine/temple area, rename or delete the lucullaforest.lsf file from the levelcache folder in the extracted QuickSave_3 folder, then copy that file from the earlier save. You should be able to start the game and load the extracted QS3 save, then exit without the error, and hopefully without other issues (ie if there are any changes due to quest progression). The game will see the extracted folder as a save, so you don't need to worry about packing it.

stranger
stranger
Thanks so much Raze, that worked just fine and there doesn't seem to be any side effects. Very grateful that we can continue and finish our DOSEE save before starting 2.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard