Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I played BG1 when it came out, same with BG2, then again when ToB dropped, and once more just a few years ago when Beamdog put out the remasters. I love those games, but I'm also really psyched for BG3. Will it be the same, but shinier? Nope, it's going to be a lot more like Larian's other output. It's still more Sword Coast fun times. Rather than whining about what it isn't why not at least try to enjoy it for what it is, and if you don't get a refund and move on?

I'm also glad it's finally going to be turn based, you know, like the source material? Real time with pause was acceptable for 2e, though even then it was hard to actually control a full party in a big melee, it was a terrible fit for 3.X that required kludgy changes to a number of systems, and it have required them to deform 5e even more.

Banned
Banned
"And now for a word from our sponsors..."

Originally Posted by Andy Butula
I played BG1 when it came out, same with BG2, then again when ToB dropped, and once more just a few years ago when Beamdog put out the remasters. I love those games, but I'm also really psyched for BG3. Will it be the same, but shinier? Nope, it's going to be a lot more like Larian's other output. It's still more Sword Coast fun times. Rather than whining about what it isn't why not at least try to enjoy it for what it is, and if you don't get a refund and move on?

I'm also glad it's finally going to be turn based, you know, like the source material? Real time with pause was acceptable for 2e, though even then it was hard to actually control a full party in a big melee, it was a terrible fit for 3.X that required kludgy changes to a number of systems, and it have required them to deform 5e even more.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by qhristoff
"And now for a word from our sponsors..."

Muhahahah, I like it. smile

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Wow. Really? I'm not pissing and moaning about what BG3 isn't going to be so that means I'm a shill? Though if "Hey, this might not be bad" is enough to qualify me for the PR team I won't say no to a check.

What is the appeal of constantly bitching about what the game isn't going to be? If you're already convinced it's not for you, why not just move on? Find something else to kill time with.

addict
addict
Wow. Really? I'm not pissing and moaning about what BG3 isn't going to be so that means I'm a shill? Though if "Hey, this might not be bad" is enough to qualify me for the PR team I won't say no to a check.

What is the appeal of constantly bitching about what the game isn't going to be? If you're already convinced it's not for you, why not just move on? Find something else to kill time with.

Its late, I'll bite. ( Looks left.. looks right..YOU TALKING TO ME!!!) smile

Be at peace, enjoy what time you have on earth.

-Doom

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
enthusiast
enthusiast
I backed Sea of Stars on Kickstarter yesterday. A lot of passion seems to be going into making it. It's turn-based too but with a slightly different take on the system. As for BG3, I'll buy it when it's 75-80% off maybe.

journeyman
journeyman

Point is that negative feedback can be a good thing and improve the game. Devs aren't omniscient, there are tens of thousands of players and a handful of devs, obviously they will come up with more ideas, more improvements to the game.

Also it's kind of hypocritical of you to be "bitching" about "bitching" don't you think?

And yes I am looking forward to buying and playing the game, but I do hope that the game will find it's own identity and I can play without thinking about dos3 meme.

Last edited by TadasGa; 21/03/20 08:24 AM.
Support
Support

Negative feedback for the sake of being negative is not productive, and certain behaviour is much more likely to show that no changes would be enough than convince that certain changes are needed.

journeyman
journeyman
Again tens of thousands of players, you will get all kind of people all kinds of comments. But I heavily disagree with OPs characterisation of criticism as "whining" and "bitching". Not only it's disrespectful it's also very "gatekeep-y".

Support
Support

Andy Butula was responding to specific reactions to the original post. Do you consider those replies to be either constructive or respectful?
Why do you assume references to 'bitching' are meant to encompass every possible criticism? Or do you think there has never been any criticism that could be arguably characterised that way?
Is it really 'gatekeep-y' to want one topic that isn't complaining about what the game isn't (or is assumed not to be)?

journeyman
journeyman
Fair enough, I think I had knee jerk reaction to word "whining" and therefore antagonistic attitude towards criticism and interpreted it a biased manner, I should have been more charitable to OP. Mistakes were made.

veteran
veteran
Overall, I am looking forward to it, aside from the worry if this is a game I will be able to enjoy by myself. I am open to the possibility, that Larian might improve upon their design to make singleplayer playthrough an enjoyable experience, but based on my time with D:OSs that’s my main worry.

I would kill for Larian games were I still in college, but at the moment local, gaming friends are hard to come by.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't see a point to this thread. Why would anyone be here if they weren't looking forward to the game?

old hand
old hand

I'm really looking forward to this game and Baldur's Gate 4.

I hope they get as many races/subraces/classes/subclasses/Backgrounds
/Spells/Feats/Patron Deities as possible.

apprentice
apprentice

Completely useless post.

apprentice
apprentice
And here is m completely useless post reply.

Thanks for reading...

Razorback aka Daevin Aruth
"Nullius Pavet Occursum" = "He fears not meeting with any one"
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves...
https://discord.gg/jxA5AvA

Thanks for reading...

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves...
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Exclusif
Completely useless post.

Originally Posted by Razorback
And here is m completely useless post reply.

Guys. <_<

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Rolls a saving throw.

Thanks for reading...

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Razorback
Rolls a saving throw.

There's no saving this one, but who can deny a throw
-----
|o o|
|....|
|o o|
-----
Looks like you got a 4 on a D6

Last edited by Madaras; 21/03/20 01:53 PM.
stranger
stranger
Since I learnt that the items won't be generated randomly (http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=660567#Post660567), I'm 1000% hyped for this game!

Last edited by Gaddy; 21/03/20 02:57 PM.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard