First of all thank you so much for creating DOS 2, my favorite game ever.

I know that you don't want DOS 2 to be a perfectly balanced game. I'm aware that it’s intended that there are some ways to “break the game” or make the game very easy even on the hardest difficulty setting (e.g. abusing game mechanics to gain a massive AP advantage or infinite turns and reset cooldowns, barrelmancy, deathfog, green tea, lava, trapping enemies with objects before combat starts, etc.) and I really don't mind. I understand that stuff like this is fun for some players to mess around with and for other players like me who don’t enjoy it, it’s easy to ignore because all of the “strategies” mentioned above are not related to a specific skill school.

And here’s the big problem with the fact that Pyroclastic Eruption is such a crazy overpowered win-button and much more powerful than any other 3 SP skill in the game: If I want to play Geomancer after level 16 I have to choose between two options:
1. Using Pyroclastic Eruption. My Geomancer, without glass cannon or lone wolf, destroys almost any group of enemies on his first turn on Tactician mode. Adrenaline - Nether Swap - Teleportation - Pyroclastic Eruption is enough to instantly kill most or all enemies for only 6 AP. This makes combat very boring.
2. Pretending Pyroclastic Eruption doesn't exist. This leads to the problem that intentionally playing a gimped version (without 3 SP skill) of my favorite class is very unsatisfying.

My preferred way to nerf Pyroclastic Eruption would be to remove the 3m explode radius (i.e. single target hit for each target in the area + 3m oil surface for each target in the area). The skill would still deal massive damage in a large area + inflict slow on all surviving enemies and would be on a par with other 3 SP skill skills.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by 6roberUnfu9; 01/04/20 06:42 AM.