Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi all,

i would like to start a new D:OS2 game.
Now I think about how I have to put my new party together to be able to read ALL available dialogues and solve ALL available secrets and puzzles.

I´ve noticed that only Elves have a unique talent "Corpse Eater"
Now i would like to know if it is necessary to have an Elve in my party, or is Corpse Eater available through an item?

Another thig is the attribute "Wits" which increases the chance of discovering hidden treasures.
Persuasion which you need to talk to NPCs

Any suggestion what different races i need in my new party and what attributes, talents, civil abilities and selected tags i need?

Thanks for your help. hehe

veteran
veteran
It's probably exceedingly difficult to be able to read all stuff in a game. In fact the game is designed to be overstuffed so that you will miss things.

You'll probably want Fane because he has the Scholar and Mystic tags, which are useful for solving quests. The "Barbarian" tag doesn't do much. Corpse Eater is elf-exclusive... but Fane can eventually get a shape-changing item which I think can let him assume the shape of an elf and eat corpses.

Persuasion goes on your lead character.

Wits goes on one person - probably a Ranger or 2H weapon fighter (Wits is NOT optimal for a Rogue), and the Peace of Mind skill is very good because it buffs Wits.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I think anyone can use the shape-change item but --- I never thought to see if the specific talents worked. Something to try! Of course you would need "pet pal" and some dialogues are opened only by specific characters. If you have Sir Lora (or whatever the dead cat-riding squirrel's name is), the main character has to have pet pal to unlock those dialogues. Some dialogues are only for main characters. I'm with Stabby - I doubt it's feasible.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Persuasion does NOT need to be on your main character. Just have you character with Persuasion do the talking. This does NOT need to be your main character. There is only one point in the game I can think of when your main needs to have persuasion and you can just use the respec mirror on the Lady Vengeance to swap to if for that point. Pro tip. IF you have a lizard of elf in your party, they can handle both Persuasion and Loremaster. This frees up your other three characters to focus on more valuable Civil abilities like Bartering, Thievery and Lucky Charm. I recommend one character focus on Lucky Charm as the extra loot drops translate to extra funds to buy the skill books and gear you want. Keep some booze (beer and wine) on the character with Lucky Charm. If you can open 4-5 or more containers in a small area, have a drink of booze to get the +2 to Luck Charm. Again, it just means more loot. This increases the chance of finding loot you need or at worst getting more loot to sell. Persuasion/Thievery or Loremaster/Thievery can be a thing as well, if you know how to get the clepto items (items with either more thievery than normal or thievery on items that don't normally give it) around Driftwood.

Highly recommend that starting out you plan to have a character with 1 Persuasion (1 point in Persuasion is all you need in Fort Joy and lizards get one for free) as well as the Pet Pal talent. This can be EXTREMELY valuable at Fort Joy. Spoilers follow, don't read if you don't want to know.

1) Pet Pal alone allow you to talk to Buddy and get the Finding Emmie quest.
2) Free XP from talking to Birdie (caged source hound near Emmie of Finding Emmie quest) and getting the right outcome. Note : There is no XP for getting the wrong outcome and killing Birdie.
3) Using a Finesse then Wits persuasions can prevent the burning pigs from running around and blowing everything up.
3b) Also handy if the Pet Pal/Persuasion character blesses the first burning pig. You can use Wits to persuade the undead (Skapor) into not attacking you, which is more XP than just killing her.
4) Pet Pal allows you to talk to Murina the Brave. (One of my favorite NPCs in the game.)

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Except that your lead player leads the way so often conversations come up automatically that can't be switched to someone else. Conversely, since NCPs move about, sometimes other coterie members trigger unwanted conversations but, usually, it's the lead character.

Hey, with Murina - after the initial story she likes, can you come back later and woo her more? I tried but she blows my exploits off even after making a point that she wants me to return with more stories.

Last edited by caninelegion; 23/04/20 06:25 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard