Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#666744 23/04/20 02:55 AM
Karllos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Please, we from Brazil really admire the style of the game, and we are waiting for translation from Divinity: Original Sin 2, please put subtitles for Portuguese in the game, some time has passed, the game was well received ... please developers please.

Support
Support

Several people have expressed an interest in doing a third party translation for Brazilian Portuguese for D:OS 2, and at least one group has started doing so (last I heard it was close to being finished, but that was a while ago).

The Italian localization was a third party translation that was officially released, after the appropriate legal issues and quality testing, so the same may also be possible for Brazilian Portuguese.

stranger
stranger
Pleaseee, Brazilian Portuguese translation!!! I have the game on steam, but i cant enjoy the game fully because my english is poor.. pls developers! please! do it for us!!! S2

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I'm just asking this because I just don't know: is Brazilian Portuguese very different from continental Portuguese?

stranger
stranger
It is very very similar. we ask for the brazillian portuguese, but we will love if they make it on continental portuguese too! we dont care... both translations can help us... =/ (sry for de poor english)

Last edited by renatu86; 30/04/20 11:51 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Your English is better than my Portuguese!

I'd heard that they were different (e.g. more different than the English I speak and the English Americans speak) but I think that was rather over-stated. A couple of Brazilian friends recently moved to Portugal and seemed to have no difficulty, for example. In contrast to my visit to the US, where I could understand them (just about) but few could understand me!

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
I see..

In my opinion, continental and brazillian portuguese are almost the same (writing and reading). We can feel the difference only when we speak, the sound of the words is a little different..

Speaking about the game, In our case, any tipe of portuguese translation, work for us. But i have a feelling they just dont care =/

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Interesting. I was just curious but, without doing a search, I'd think Brazil has a larger population by far then does Portugal so, it'd be logical to do it in the Brazilian dialect. I keep hearing the same about Mexican Spanish and Castilian Spanish but never from a native speaker of one who has been to the other. As far as my own experience with British English, it was mainly from pilots (whether that matters or not - it's just who I was in contact with as a NATO weather forecaster/briefer) and I had no trouble understanding them other then some jokes that fell flat to my ears. The same was true when I watched "The Benny Hill Show" on TV.

I speak just one language myself so I have another general question. When a game like Divinity is done in another language, are the voice actors changed to that language or is it just the text? If the prior, that would explain the delay. It's one thing to read and understand a second language and another to translate. They would need both a rock solid translation and good Portuguese speaking voice actors which may not be easy.

Support
Support

With D:OS 1 and 2, voiced lines were English only. With Divine Divinity, where only opening lines and some cutscenes were voiced, many of the publishers did voiced lines for the other languages, as well (and the Russian publisher added additional lines, which were not voiced in the other localisations).

stranger
stranger
Many people here in Brazil, dont care about voice translation. Most part of people here like to play with english voice/portuguese text. If they translate only the texts, we will be very very gratefull.. but i dont think they will =/

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
It'll come down to a business decision. Doing so would have to cause enough new sales (this game and the good feeling to Larian that may cause additional future sales) to at least come close to breaking even. Translations are quite expensive unless Larian had someone already working for them who spoke both AND had the ability to translate (much harder then speaking two languages). I wouldn't give up - these games have a lot of text - any translation will take time. Now I wonder if a player with the ability could mod a translation.

stranger
stranger
I already bought the game and was never able to play satisfactorily. I know I wasn't deceived, I knew I didn't have the Portuguese language. But I bought it in the hope of launching a translation, since the community of players in Brazil is considerable. They could have some consideration for those who already bought the game, not just target new players. I have seen that they regularly release new translations. Maybe one day our time will come hahaha x) By the way, I am using an internet translator to write all of this. lol

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard