Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jubilex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
For some reason now, whenever I save and load/restore my game, my position on the map moves down and to the right fairly significantly. At first I didn't really notice it walking around outside, but a few times now it has started getting me stuck in a wall which makes the save slot useless. I do use multiple saves, but I cycle through them and apparently it is now happening on all of my save slots. I tried starting a new game and the bug goes away - so it does appear to be associated with my save files. Any hope of fixing this without starting a new game?

Support
Support

When you got stuck, did you try using the teleporter pyramids to get back again?

There is a way to teleport your character by editing a file in the save folder. If you are comfortable doing that, there are 2 locations for the character position; normally only the first needs to be edited, but in this case I would try making sure both were the same, and checking if that fixes the movement when loading.

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

If you are not comfortable hex editing, zip your latest save and email it (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to support@larian.com.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Divine Divinity\savegames' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Jubilex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately, the problem isn't so much that I got stuck, it is that every time I save (or maybe it is on load, I cannot tell) it significantly offsets me from the position I was at. Strangely, when it *first* loads I see the character at the save position for about a half second, then they immediately jump down and to the right. I have been able to follow that thread regarding teleporting and editing my location manually, which works, but it gets a bit tedious to do multiple times. I can sort of work around my making sure every time I save I ensure there is significant margin down and to the right of me, but this is still a bit annoying in tight corridors. Thank you for taking the time to reply - I'll try emailing my save zip to the support address!

Last edited by Jubilex; 24/04/20 02:40 AM.
Support
Support

This appear to be an issue with one of the animations. If you enable peace mode (hotkey C), the character will not shift position when loading. It may also be exclusive to the hunting bow you have equipped; I tried the axe and longbow in your inventory, and bought a composite bow and crossbow, and it only happened with the hunting bow.

Jubilex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ha! That's great! Just tested it out and it works fine by switching to C. I think that is good enough for now, I can hold out with the workaround of switching to C or using a different bow. Thank you for the quick response and solution!

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard