Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Munja Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have my Xbox One wireless controller connected to my Mac and everything works fine in D:OS EE except for bringing up the map. According to the controller guide in the game, it shows the "View" button (left of center Xbox button) as the button to bring up Map. However, that button does nothing.

I've verified that the button works through other applications (e.g. Steam in Big Screen mode).

It's been frustrating to play with only the mini-map...

Support
Support

Try starting D:OS EE in the keyboard UI, then in the Controls section of the Options, click the Default button, then Ok and Accept, then go back to the main menu, hit Esc to bring up the key/button prompt screen again, switch to the controller UI, and see if that makes a difference.
​
Try changing the controller layout used for the game in the Steam BPM options.
​
If you also have D:OS 2, one person with a similar problem with a DS4 controller fixed it by copying the GamePadDefinition.plist file from the the D:OS 2 app container into the app container for D:OS (after renaming the original there).

If you hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu, what is displayed for detected controllers in the controller section?

stranger
stranger
Hello Raze,

1. I have the same issue. I followed your instructions above, but no luck.
2. Mac OS - Catalina - Latest version. MacBook Pro 16gb Ram, I7.
3. Game runs smooth.
4. Game was bought through the Apple App Store: DOS EE: V. 2.0.119.
5. PS4 controller connected to the MacBook. All the controls work except 2:
a) Map will not open on PS4 Controller, when center button is pressed on controller.
b) When in the Equipment Menu, and you want to compare two items: Two Mage Staff for example. The command to execute the compare screen is mapped to R3 on the PS4 controller.
When pressed it doesn't do anything. I have tried multiple PS4 controllers all have the same result: R3 Button does not toggle the compare menu.
This is also true for when your trying to compare items at a merchants or other character.
6. Please tell me if there is a solution or patch incoming for this issue.

Thank you.

Support
Support

The latest version of Catalina changed how controller input is being reported. This should be fixable from the GamePadDefinitions.plist file in the app container, which you can manually update. Open the Divinity Original Sin.app container in the install folder, rename the current GamePadDefinitions.plist file (under Resources; see here for the container structure) and copy this version there. This file has been updated for PS3 controllers, at least, but I'm not sure if PS4 controllers were updated yet. If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll check with the Mac programmers.
IIRC the App Store version is installed directly in /Applications.

stranger
stranger
Raze,

Thank you. Worked like a charm.

Support
Support

Thank you for the conformation.

stranger
stranger
Hello Raze,

1. I turned on my Mac this morning, and the controls for map and equipment are not working again for the PS4 controller.
2. I re-applied your file the same as yesterday, and for some reason it doesn't work.
3. Map & R3 are not being registered.
4. The same two issues from my previous posts apply:

5. PS4 controller connected to the MacBook. All the controls work except 2:
a) Map will not open on PS4 Controller, when center button is pressed on controller.
b) When in the Equipment Menu, and you want to compare two items: Two Mage Staff for example. The command to execute the compare screen is mapped to R3 on the PS4 controller.
When pressed it doesn't do anything. I have tried multiple PS4 controllers all have the same result: R3 Button does not toggle the compare menu.
This is also true for when your trying to compare items at a merchants or other character.

6. I have also reset my PS4 controller, re-installed the game, disconnected my PS4 controller form the MacBook and added it again.
7. Hope you have another quick fix like yesterday.

Thanks.

Support
Support

I'll check with the Mac programmers.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, it will require another game update to be able to address controller issues with D:OS EE in Catalina. This has been discussed, but there is no ETA yet for when that may happen.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze
Unfortunately, it will require another game update to be able to address controller issues with D:OS EE in Catalina. This has been discussed, but there is no ETA yet for when that may happen.

Any update on this? Is there any manual fix for this?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no update.

If you have the Steam version of the game, you could try a custom controller profile, remapping the Dpad splitscreen toggle to act as the Start/Options button (if you do not use that), or add a 'Shift' function, so holding a trigger slightly (enough to register but not bring up the respective function) modifies one of the buttons or Dpad directions to act as the Start/Options button.

stranger
stranger
I have the macOS App Store version, so I guess that I am out of luck. I also noticed that the keyboard doesn't work when the controller is enabled. Would have been great to at least trigger the map with the keyboard.

I guess I will have to play the game without a map view. Thanks for replying.

Support
Support

IIRC just the quicksave/quickload hotkeys work in the controller mode, and most of the keys for text input (when naming saves or adding map flags).

Maybe something like GamepadMenu would let you remap the button, as long as it supports your controller.

stranger
stranger
Maybe something like GamepadMenu would let you remap the button, as long as it supports your controller.

Thanks, but it didn't recognize my PS4 controller, even though the app supports PS4 controllers. It showed up as "unknown controller".

stranger
stranger
This application recognizes the PS4 controller:
https://yukkurigames.com/enjoyable/

and I can re-map the touch pad to M, but that doesn't help. Since they keyboard is de-activated when a controller is plugged in.

Support
Support

If you use Enjoyable to map mouse and keyboard functions to the controller, you should be able to use it with the keyboard UI (on startup press a key, rather than controller button), though you would loose the controller-only area search and multi-select functions. You should at least be able to map the most common actions to the controller, anyway.
I'm not sure if that would be better than using the native controller support minus the map button, though.

Hi there. I am having the same problem with my Xbox One controller (and macOS Catalina). These actions don't work:

• Start/Options (map)
  • Left Stick press (sort items)
  • Right stick press (compare items)

Note that these controller actions do work for me in DOS2:EE. I tried copying (and downloading) the "GamePadDefinitions.plist", which didn't work. I also tried this workaround:

If you have the Steam version of the game, you could try a custom controller profile, remapping the Dpad splitscreen toggle to act as the Start/Options button (if you do not use that)

It did not work for me. In fact, DOS1:EE is ignoring the Dpad remapping I did with Steam, and the Dpad is operating as if I hadn't remapped it.

It would be wonderful if there could be a fix at some point!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Have the same problem. Can't remap. (Steam version)

Support
Support

There may be a fix for this at some point, but currently there is no estimate for if or when there could be another game update.

Thank you. We understand that you all have your hands full with BG3! Perhaps after its release....

Such a controller fix might be something Larian could even hire someone to do quickly.

It’s great that DOS1 continues to sell and have players. It would be great to have DOS1 on Switch as well. I think the DOS2 Switch buyers would buy it. It was DOS2 on Switch that motivated me to get access to a computer that could play DOS1.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard