Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, i'm a fan of the divinity original sin games and also a 3D printing enthusiast. It would be really cool if I could print some characters, sculptures or maybe monsters for my bookshelf.
Would It be possible for you to disponibilize some models?

Last edited by Vinícius Fortes; 28/04/20 08:37 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Raze was talking to me about that recently. I'll ping him and ask what's the current situation.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

The editor for D:OS 2 can open saves, after which it is possible to select a character or item and use the 'export to .obj' option (or 'export scene'). There isn't a way to go directly to a 3D print friendly format, though, as far as I know. The D:OS editor can not open saves, but you can place or recreate characters/creatures/etc.
The exported obj will not contain the normal maps that are used to add some texture to the models.

In the Steam library, top left dropdown, select the option to show Tools, optionally unselect Games, then check the Tools section of the list for 'The Divinity Engine 2' and 'The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition' (searching for 'divinity' first should shorten the list).
With the GOG versions, the editor is a separate download in the games' extras, in the library page for each game.

I don't know if anyone in Larian's Discord has done any 3D printing, but you should find some information there on working with models, in addition to the mod forums here.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard