Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#666962 01/05/20 10:47 PM
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I completely forgot if someone made a list of all races that will be in BG3, so I will just ask; will Tabaxi be a race? Even if they are not in EA?

There is no official word,or even a hint, that tabaxi will be a playable race, unfortunately.

old hand
old hand
Not for EA, but we don't know what the full list for official races will be.

stranger
stranger
Not for EA and while I love the more the better option, I doubt they will be in for final release either

N
stranger
stranger
N
I love Tabaxi

addict
addict
Originally Posted by deathidge
There is no official word,or even a hint, that tabaxi will be a playable race, unfortunately.

Tabaxi were revealed to be in the REALLY_ tag disguise files so they were at least considered at some point. Interestingly Warforged are in too, despite being from Ebberon. The only functioning REALLY_ tag that is not a blank space when manually assigned to your character is Triton, also very strange.

S
veteran
veteran
S
theres a chance that they have a bunch of races there just in case.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sordak
theres a chance that they have a bunch of races there just in case.

Of course, if anything that seems the most likely given how varied and difficult to animate the selection on display right now is.

veteran
veteran
Khajiit thinks not

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Unfortunately Larian has been super hush hush about what races will be in the final game. Likely because they themselves don't actually know. I imagine they'd like to get all the playable races from 5e in, including Volo's Guide races and such, but that would be pretty much impossible. Or at least need extensive DLC.

So they need to be selective and haven't figured out exactly what will get in.

Tabaxi aren't an impossibility, but I'd rank them as fairly low on the priority list as far as which races are likely to get in.

old hand
old hand
I think it's more because they don't want to lock themselves into promises they can't keep. Firstly, there is a lot of dialogue to write and record for the races and classes; don't underestimate how much work that is. Then. Regular 'humanoid' works fairly well, because they use the same facial/bone structure, therefore it makes it less hard to differentiate between animations. Making that work for someone as foxy as a tabaxi... That takes quite a bit of effort. Since they're still working on including the PHB and making all that work, don't get your hopes up for the first release of the full game. Perhaps in a DLC.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard