Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
My game seems to be crashing when I load in or when my friend loads in (about 50hrs) of game play on the save.
I've tried multiple computers and operating systems, loading previous save, keeping backups of saves, sending saves to friends and getting them to login with me.
Already done the usual script (reinstall steam , verify integrity of game files, update and rollback drivers, fresh operating system installs,..., there is no firewall or antivirus conflict)
Please could I get some help with this; as it has started happening on my 2nd & third play through, which are 30hrs each.
I've looked around on steam & here & others, can't seem to find a solution.

Last edited by TitaniusAnglesmi; 07/05/20 07:49 PM.
Support
Support

Did you try previous saves that you know worked before, if available?

If you start a new game, can you save and load properly? Don't move up the beach when testing this, or an auto save may overwrite a save from your current playthrough.

Unfortunately, duplicating the problem on another system means it is unlikely a system or install issue, and the saves themselves are corrupt.
If you email supportdos2@larian.com with your most recent saves from the two playthroughs (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, Thanks for your quick reply.
Previous saves have worked before and we can play through the game, but at some point around 50hrs if we leave we can't get back in.
Creating a new game without moving allows for proper saving & loading.

I will send an email to the support team to see if they can help with this.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard