Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#667111 07/05/20 05:40 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm not sure how many P&P players are out there but there is a real opportunity out there with the DM mode with 2 different presentation styles.
One could be the typical multi-player DM hosted custom game, currently as enjoyed in DOS2 or older similar games like NWN.

The other would be as a virtual tabletop that works well in a P&P style of play with a player view and dice roller. Something like bouncy rocks talespire.

Just thinking about all the P&P virtual desktops out there how this would be so much more immersive.

Thoughts?

addict
addict
There is enormous opportunity here that I hope they capitalize on. There currently are no plans to release a tool set or DM mode upon release, but I doubt they would forever abandon it (at least, I hope not; what a loss of potential that would be). Some kind of character export/import is crucial too.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I hate to even mention this, but money talks too. There is a whole virtual market to the P&P tabletop that would include tons of future growth from a complete monster manual repository of creatures to additional character models/customization to custom battle maps. It can support both the mod community but also official updates that could span decades.

addict
addict
Yeah, I agree. I like to think we'll eventually be able to buy and/or create modules and play through them just like can be done in PnP. So much potential.

veteran
veteran
The DoS2`s DM tools were fine. If they are using an improved version of the Larian´s engine for BG3 I hope they could add this feature.
They made some incredible adventures in DoS2, including some conversions of classic mods of NWN into DoS.

If you only have characters of 10 levels max the best thing it would be to have more modules to play if you want a long-lasting game.

Last edited by _Vic_; 07/05/20 07:26 PM.
stranger
stranger
I really hope they will add this feature in. That alone can carry this game for years without rushing to create an expansion or BG4. Especially if they add in a built in voice chat software you won't even need discord or any other voice chat client. Just the game.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I think they should and WILL have this in game. The fact that they are going out of their way to make sure that the game follows the core D&D 5e rule set closely and has everything that is in the Player's Handbook is the secret key. It has to to be able to a D&D game simulator. DOS Game Master mode was nice and was the first baby steps leading to this ... But I think ... they are going to drop that sweetness on us eventually that we can create and run our own games in BG3 in DM mode. Come on Swen Vincke we need you to drop that on us!

veteran
veteran
Dm mode only works if paired with mod support, but more extensive than last game, with say actual asset import,.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard