Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just picked up the game on switch after hearing about the cross play with my Steam edition. However, every time I try to sync with Steam on the Switch I get an "Incorrect Login" error despite using the correct email and password for my account. I picked up D2 the day it went live, could it possibly be that my editions aren't compatible hence the issue? I have the Definitive edition on Steam atm. Any advice you be greatly appreciated.

Support
Support

Do you have any Definitive Edition saves on Steam? If not, start a new game on PC, get through character creation and save (there is an auto save just moving a bit from the starting position), exit and make sure Steam syncs (usually it does so after exiting the game, but if not restarting the game should force Steam to sync). After that, try enabling Steam sync on the Switch again.

On PC, other than restarting the game, you can confirm what saves have been synced online with the program Steam Cloud File Manager Lite (download); it can also download, delete or upload saves. You need to be logged in to the Steam client and have the game's AppID (435150). Hopefully just having a profile and save synced online will allow the Switch to link, but if not this may be useful in troubleshooting.

Alternately, you can log into Steam in a browser and use this link (this will also let you download saves, but you would need to manually rename them, as Steam combines the path and name together for the online name).

On the Switch, try clearing the system cache: in the Home menu open System Settings, then select System, Formatting Options, Clear Cache and then the current user.
Note that this will also reset the system language and brightness setting.

Try changing your Steam password on PC, and then see if you can link from the Switch.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you very much for this. It seems my saves are still from the classic edition and not transferable to the new one. Love the game but I wish I knew that before the purchase. Oh well, looking forward to BG3 with baited breath.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard