Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello!
So I'm trying to add a new area (for my mod vendor) to Fort Joy, but whenever I want to add the AI grid the problem comes with it.
The AI grid can't be generated unless I reload the AI grid for ALL of Fort Joy, that wouldn't be much of a problem... IF it didn't also break some areas like, the Drawbridge just after the magister fights in the main building on Fort Joy.
That Drawbridge is just not accessable when the AI grid is reloaded, I tried to edit parts of the Drawbridge to see if I can fix the issue with certain workarounds, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything that I could do? To either get an AI grid for my area without reloading all of Fort Joy OR somehow fix that drawbridge?

Support
Support

You may want to check Larian's Discord, as well. There are more modders there now than still frequent the forum.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I actually asked there twice and no one could help so far, which is why I came here in hopes for the message to stay longer than 5 minutes before it goes out of sight and where people will reply if they see it wink
I suppose I could try again, I just dont want to spam the same question over and over.

Support
Support

I'll check with the people who work with the editor...

Support
Support

A programmer advised not to try changing the size of the AI grid, since that will break saves (the coordinates are stored relative to the AI grid, so if it changes they may no longer match).
I realise you may be trying to add an area to avoid content added by various other mods, but there is a reason everyone stakes out an existing location to use.

Unfortunately it is not possible to generate a new AI grid partially; one of the scripters thought it might help if you reload the level without reloading Story before regenerating, but wasn't sure if that would break anything else.

The drawbridge is a special case, and the people who responded didn't recall the details of how it was done.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze
The drawbridge is a special case, and the people who responded didn't recall the details of how it was done.

I added another bridge underneath for the AI-Grid generation, then removed it afterwards, seemed to do the trick.

I just hope that it didn't break any other parts of the map, will have to do some extensive testing on this.

I realise you may be trying to add an area to avoid content added by various other mods.

That's actually not the reason, I just like doing weird things.
Last time I tried to make a mod I failed to do "more" and lost interest in going on with modding.
So now I'm gonna retry and if there's bugs, I'll fix them manually instead of deleting the map.

reload the level without reloading Story

Ah if I run into issues, I'll try that.

Thanks for the replies smile It's nice to see that devs actually care about their playerbase. I keep hearing good things about you guys.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by SophieKitty
I just hope that it didn't break any other parts of the map, will have to do some extensive testing on this.

A programmer mentioned that the main things to test are whether savegames made without the mod still load correctly when the mod is active, and vice versa, and that everything is still in its expected place (make sure there are no areas you can walk where you shouldn't be able to, or blocked areas where you should be able to walk, etc).

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard