Nintendo Switch - Crashes After Fort Joy #667388
20/05/20 08:19 PM
20/05/20 08:19 PM
kilgannon90 Offline OP
stranger
kilgannon90  Offline OP
stranger

Hey there!

I am experiencing issues with crashing after leaving Fort Joy. Specifically during the battle with the roach/bug type enemies that burrow out of the ground in the forest. It's the first time I have been experiencing issues with crashing on my switch, very unusual.

I wanted to note, this is a PC steam save I've been actively switching back and forth between my PC. Also would like to note, that the PC version is not experiencing these same issues.

Love being able to play this on my switch during my lunch breaks, but I keep losing all my progress and it seems to be a waste of time at this point. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to try and resolve this issue.

Re: Nintendo Switch - Crashes After Fort Joy [Re: kilgannon90] #667395
21/05/20 12:50 AM
21/05/20 12:50 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

If you get through that fight on PC, do/did you have any problems with subsequent combat in Reaper's Coast?

Try clearing the system cache: in the Home menu open System Settings, then select System, Formatting Options, Clear Cache and then the current user.
Note that this will also reset the system language and brightness setting.

If that doesn't help, please reply with a save before that encounter (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and if possible, a save made during combat where the crash can be most easily reproduced (if it isn't completely random; if it is, just any save mid combat).
Once synced, each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).