Print Thread
[BUG] Found all Clues, Last Chest Won't Open #667435
22/05/20 06:40 PM
22/05/20 06:40 PM
inkcharm Offline OP
stranger
inkcharm  Offline OP
stranger

I'm hoping to gain some assistance on this. My friend and I have been playing co-op for a couple of months now, and greatly enjoyed the experience. As we're drawing near the end of the campaign, we've decided to sit down and search thoroughly for all four chests, to open the one at the end of time.

Previously we'd only found
the one in Hiberheim and the one near Hunter's Edge (Wizard's House)
. So after some exploration and double-checking with guides, we went and grabbed
the one in Cyseal and the one in Luculla Forest

Now, we have three Dusty Parchments in our inventory. The ones for the chests from
Cyseal, Luculla and Hunter's Edge
. We're missing the parchment from
Hiberheim
- we double-checked, the definitely had previously opened and emptied the chest. It's not in our inventories anymore, I assume we sold the parchment to some random vendor or other, or perhaps even used it as a crafting ingredient. Either way, that would have been long, long ago - so long, in fact that I couldn't even fathom a save game in which we still had it, nor do we feel inclined to nuke and re-play weeks and months of content, as we'd have to go back to a
Hiberheim
save game. But we found the chest, and it is now empty. We know the full code, we just have .

The Chest at the End of Time, however, will not prompt us to put in the digits. It only ever keeps repeating its initial challenge to us. Does this puzzle truly require you to still HAVE all parchments? Because if so, that would be the first time I am 100% unhappy with the game design in this instance. If this is a bug, please help us figure it out. We searched the game high and low to find all four chests, and to think we might now be locked out of our reward because of accidentally selling/using/etc one piece of generic parchment, would feel really, really, really bad.

Please help.

Re: [BUG] Found all Clues, Last Chest Won't Open [Re: inkcharm] #667436
22/05/20 06:53 PM
22/05/20 06:53 PM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

Unfortunately, the chest does indeed require that you have all of the parchments.

Re: [BUG] Found all Clues, Last Chest Won't Open [Re: Raze] #667437
22/05/20 07:42 PM
22/05/20 07:42 PM
inkcharm Offline OP
stranger
inkcharm  Offline OP
stranger

Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately, the chest does indeed require that you have all of the parchments.

Oh no.... that.... is a pity. We've diligently searched all over and are now getting screwed on that frown Is there any way to regain the Dusty Parchment?

Re: [BUG] Found all Clues, Last Chest Won't Open [Re: inkcharm] #667443
23/05/20 03:06 AM
23/05/20 03:06 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

Not that I know of. If you are playing on PC and email your latest save to supportdos@larian.com (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), I can see if someone in QA can take a look at it (the developer build I have only has limited cheats enabled).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).