Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Support
Support

That's quite the jump. Even with Fane not having as many origin moments as some of the other companions, I didn't think it would be that much.

stranger
stranger
Since we are somewhat on the subject of lost characters; I had a first just the other day. My new single player campaign to try out Gift Bag #4, and all is well. I start a fight with the 4 Reds guarding the fortress gate at Joy, and the battle drifts over to Ifan's corner. He has not thought to gear up during his stay; 1 crit arrow & 2 swings later, the Wolf is no more. I have never (legitimately) accidentally lost an extra companion. Normally I arrange 'accidents' for NPCs, but this was dumb luck. I actually did not have a chance to heal him. I'm now going to see if I can lure Griff's gang up near the statue by Lohse.

W
Wilker Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Sorry but I don't understand what happened there in your game. Did Ifan die? Couldn't you just resurrect him?
Btw, your profile picture might give me a few nightmares. 🐷🐽

Last edited by Wilker; 19/06/20 09:37 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Wilker
Sorry but I don't understand what happened there in your game. Did Ifan die? Couldn't you just resurrect him?
Btw, your profile picture might give me a few nightmares. 🐷🐽
Nonsense, piggy wants cuddles kiss And no I could not, since he wasn't in my party at the time, he was just another NPC. The quest log even updated, confirming his story arc was finished.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
The opposite is true, though. If an associated character dies, he's still in your group so you have to resurrect him or go with three. I've had times when resurrection scrolls were tough to find where I would have liked to use a mercenary for a while until I could find one but had to stick to a party of three.

Support
Support

If a companion character is not in the party when they die, they can not be resurrected (short of story events, like the ship at the beginning sinking).

W
Wilker Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Oh!... he wasn't in the party, now I get it. I didn't know that they can't be resurrected if outside the party.

At a second glance, piggy do be looking like he wants some cuddles. And probably food too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard