Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
The race model for the halfling is greatly out of proportion.
The best example for a halfling model is a small child with pointy ears.

Has anyone else noticed the weird looking halfling models? They look like pointy eared dwarves, or thick short elves.

Larian:

Please adjust the models to decrease their size by approximately 20%, their head size proportional to a reduced size of 20%. Just model them after a skinny toddler.

Please reference the player handbook, races.

journeyman
journeyman
I thought it looked weird, also. But when I googled pictures of halflings in 5e, they looked very much like the models we have seen in BG3- largish head and all.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dulany67
I thought it looked weird, also. But when I googled pictures of halflings in 5e, they looked very much like the models we have seen in BG3- largish head and all.

Agreed. This is a halfling picture of the official page of D&D Beyond. You may not like it ( I don´t: I prefer the halflings of PF, to be honest) but the halflings really look like that in D&D5e material.

[Linked Image]

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Even the provided image has little to no resemblance to the in game "pointy eared dwarf."

journeyman
journeyman

Well, I disagree, but there are other images you can google. However, all of the pictures share the proportions of the image above- in 5e that is.

Last edited by Dulany67; 31/05/20 08:53 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by green00knight
Even the provided image has little to no resemblance to the in game "pointy eared dwarf."

Wouldn't that be gnomes instead of halflings?

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
S
veteran
veteran
S
>_Vic_
good grief please dont remind me of that creature.

I dont know what they were thinking with this.

addict
addict
Well for human comparisons I always considered Dwarfs to be more like actual humans with dwarfism, and halflings to be more like a midget (just very small stature people). The physical differences being that humans with dwarfism have larger (out of proportion) head, etc.

As far as the game is concerned, well I thought the one shown in the CC was cute, but definitely looked more like a dwarf to me as the head was way out of proportion. Give her a beard and she'd make a good looking dwarf.

But it's there game so they can do what they want.

EDIT: I am curious as to what her feet looked like.

Last edited by LeBurns; 01/06/20 01:55 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master

This. I've never ever seen halflings look nearly as good as the one in BG3. Halfling left/Gnome right.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Seraphael
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master

This. I've never ever seen halflings look nearly as good as the one in BG3. Halfling left/Gnome right.

[Linked Image]

I think the basic models at character creation were still a bit unfinished without details, so I am not sure, if it will be the final version.
First I thought, that the halfling model used a human face.

Last edited by Minsc1122; 01/06/20 07:49 PM.
old hand
old hand
The race model for the halfling is greatly out of proportion.
The best example for a halfling model is a small child with pointy ears.

Has anyone else noticed the weird looking halfling models? They look like pointy eared dwarves, or thick short elves.

Larian:

Please adjust the models to decrease their size by approximately 20%, their head size proportional to a reduced size of 20%. Just model them after a skinny toddler.

Please reference the player handbook, races.

No, no much no, 5e's bobble headed halflings are the retcon and they look aweful, just aweful, Larian once agsin made the right choice.

addict
addict
It's my opinion, that Wizards of the Coast should have thrown away all new character and monster representations after 3.0 they were my favorite looking . 3.0 for the win.

Last edited by Doomlord; 02/06/20 12:41 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
addict
addict
Has anyone else noted that the female Halfling and female dwarf nearly look identical in the CC. Just changed the hair and lighten the skin a bit. Hopefully they do something to make these two races more distinct as they shouldn't be that similar.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard