Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Luxen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

I want to make here a report about the current condition of the GM mode : bad health. There are a lot of issue hindering both gameplay and content creation. The basic GM mode has too few features to exploit its full potential hence the need of mods but obviously, a lot of problems occurs with mods activated. Those issues started to appear since Gift Bag #2 update, and it has worsen since Gift Bag #3. I'm going to put here a full report of what bugs did I encountered so far, and how to replicate them if possible. Anyone could add more informations. All major issues are highlighted in bold and underlined.

Issue #0.5 : Can't add a mod easily through the GM save file mod list
Conditions : GM Save
How to:
- Enable a mod that was not previously enabled in the save file modlist
- Load the save
- The mod isn't activated / The mod is activated but even if you save, it will be still disabled in the new save mod list

Workaround:
- Tick the mod in the main menu mod list
- Tick the mod in the GM save file mod list
- Load the game
- Save the game
- The mod should be now correctly activated. If not, repeating this operation works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue #1: Infinite loading screen when loading another scene
Conditions : GM Save, new mod/updated mod
How to:
- Enable a new mod in the save file (see issue #0.5)
- Loading the current scene is fine.
- Load another scene. The loading bar get stuck at ~66%

Workaround:
- Load the save
- Return to main menu. The game should display an error about Game Master dependency. If that's the case, all of the save mods should be ticked in the modlist of the main menu. If not, tick every mod of your save + the new mod
- Load the save after ticking the new mod in the save mod list.
- Once in game, save (not quick save, normal save)
- Return to main menu/quit the game
- Load the new save. You should be able to load into another scenes. If that's not the case, repeat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue #2: Game Master dependency error
Condition : GM save, mods activated
How to:
- Load a GM save
- Save the game and go back to the main menu
- An error is displayed : "WARNING : The files of mod 'Game Master' and/or its dependencies are invalid. This can be caused by corrupt files or some files have been changed. You won't be able to play this mod in multiplayer."
Note : This do not prevent to play multiplayer actually, but still weird. Maybe this is linked to several of these issues ?

Issue #3: Party reroll ends in an infinite loading screen.
How to:
- Trigger Party reroll in-game.
- When everyone validated, the screen turn black indefinitely for everyone
Note : When re-creating a save from scratch from the campaign initial template, this do not occurs. Probably a corruption that happened with an update.

Issue #4: Interrupting Party reroll soft-lock player characters
How to:
- Trigger Party reroll in-game.
- Before everyone validate, load another scene. (Should not be possible in the first place, it should throw "Not Ready : All players have not finished their character preparation"
- The player characters stay with their Character Creation animation, and the players are not able to move, use an item, ... (like the effects of CharacterFreeze of Osiris)
Note : CharacterUnfreeze doesn't unlock them. Also the Not Ready message box appear in a brand new save. Probably a corruption that happened with an update.

Issue #5 (since GB3): Loading into another scene stuck at ~66% during actual gameplay with players and mods correctly enabled
How to:
- Invite players into the GM save
- Load another scene
- The loading bar is stuck at ~66%

Workaround (really inconvenient):
- One of the players leave the game
- The loading should resume
- The player can rejoin

Fix : This issue is most likely caused by a difference between the host and clients core files of the game. Make sure that everyone have the same files.

Issue #6 (since GB3): The players get an installing screen when joining the save whereas each of them have all the required mods installed. When looking at what is downloaded, they download Patch*.pak as a mod, which is already part of the game (??)
How to:
- Just make players join your game.

Fix : This issue is most likely caused by a difference between the host and clients core files of the game. Make sure that everyone have the same files.

Issue #7: The armors won't regenerate out of combat.
Condition : Brand new GM save, mods activated
How to:
- Make a new lobby, invite players and launch the game and get through CC.
- During the gameplay, armors won't regenerate out of combat.

Workaround :
- Just save and load again.

Issue #8 (since GB3): When you load a GM save, all scenes using maps from mods have their minimap black out. If you try to load in one of them, it get stuck at ~66%. If you save and reload, all affected maps are gone.
How to:
- Just load a GM save once you started the game.

Workaround (really inconvenient):
- Load the campaign into prepare mode first and then load the save. All scenes should be fine again.

Non replicable bugs sometime witnessed :
- Random crashes. For example, one of my player character had a spear with 10% chance Set chilled. If the character attacked with it, it just crashed the game. Fine with another spear.
- Number of player slots not corresponding to the number of playable characters in-game.
- Loading a GM save sometimes crash if the mods are not ticked in the main menu (even though they are ticked in the save mod list)
- Everything related to Osiris doesn't work. It's like Osiris is disabled.

I gotta say that I'm really anxious for GB#4 because I'm afraid that it brings more bugs and put a final blow to the GM mode by just making it unplayable. GB 2 started to bring problems, GB 3 brought much more inconvenient major problems, that's why I'm really afraid about GB4.

Last edited by Luxen; 22/11/19 04:03 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I truly apologize for resurrecting an old thread but I feel like this topic should be pinned. I would also like to give a HUGE thank you to Luxen for the loading freeze fix. I have been building a campaign for 2 months and it would have been all for nothing were it not for this instruction on how to fix it.

By checking the mods in the main menu and then saving the campaign to another save fixed the blank scenes and loading freeze bugs. Thank you so much again!

stranger
stranger
Alelujiah !
After hours of looking and never find the answer to this REAL problem, I found this post.

Thank you so much Luxen !

Larian, I truly love your games and I love you :P and the GM mode is truly something, but with mods (which are essentials) it's a pain in the **s to run a campaign and finish it with my players.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard