Eastern Washington state, USA
C
caninelegion Offline OP
Bugfinder General
caninelegion  Offline OP
Bugfinder General
C

Since I found out that a lot of the paintings in OR2 were sent by people who had contributed to the kickstarter as a bennie, I looked for signs of people I knew from this site. I'm relatively new here so most were unknown to me. Actually, I only found one, which happened to have the same name as a certain moderator here. I'm wondering, though, how it worked. Did people use their on-line names for the most part or something else? Did Larian adapt some of them, ie, add some things to make them fit better into the game world or were they left as is? This is just curiosity on my part - I'm always looking to learn how things work since all I know is how I'd do it.

Re: Kickstarter Portrait Reward [Re: caninelegion] #667934
08/06/20 07:45 AM
08/06/20 07:45 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

People could use whatever name they wanted (excluding trademarked brands or characters, etc), as long as it fit within the game world. People with applicable tiers could submit their picture (or a picture at least; some wanted their pets added, etc), a handful of people included requests / preferences for what they wanted, or wanted to avoid, and it was up to the artists to adapt the picture to the game world.

Re: Kickstarter Portrait Reward [Re: caninelegion] #667975
09/06/20 12:20 AM
09/06/20 12:20 AM
C
caninelegion Offline OP
Bugfinder General
caninelegion  Offline OP
Bugfinder General
C

OK - that all makes sense. Some of the pictures are pretty far out (to use old terminology smile ). I think it was a really cool idea. Some looked like they may have been copied from a photograph but many have elvan ears, fantasical costumes (which many gamers make for conventions), etc so it made me wonder. Thanks.

Re: Kickstarter Portrait Reward [Re: caninelegion] #668020
10/06/20 04:20 AM
10/06/20 04:20 AM
The Frog & Hounds
vometia Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert
vometia  Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert

The Frog & Hounds
I forget offhand which picture I sent in; I think it was this one but I'm not 100% certain. All I know is that the artist ended up having to do it at the last minute as I was so reluctant to send a picture where I was actually visible as I'm very camera-shy, which is typical of my forward thinking: "a portrait sounds like a cool idea!" ...time passes... "Oh, that means they'll need to actually look at me. Bugger."

[Linked Image]

J'aime le fromage.
Re: Kickstarter Portrait Reward [Re: caninelegion] #668068
13/06/20 05:12 AM
13/06/20 05:12 AM
C
caninelegion Offline OP
Bugfinder General
caninelegion  Offline OP
Bugfinder General
C

That is the one I found. I was clicking on it when I thought, "that looks familiar" and, sure enough, it was named Vometia and what I assume is your sir name. I'm not absolutely sure but I think that picture (the one you believe you sent in) is the one artistically rendered in the house in the Tar Pits. I haven't found any others that I recognize from this site, though.

Last edited by caninelegion; 13/06/20 05:23 AM.