Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#670094 06/07/20 02:04 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi All,

In between Acts 3 & 4, there is a short Lady Vengeance interlude. This is where I saved my game on Honour mode. However, now returning to it later and loading in. I am unable to speak to any of my companions, no NPC at all, and can't even click on the masthead to progress to act 4. I've tried creating a new game just under classic mode to see if the problem arises elsewhere, but it is working as intended there. I can't really use any skills (tactical retreat will just put me at exact same spot) and also I am unable to shoot with my bow, use arrows abilities to hurt and re-spawn myself nor unequip armor. However, flight (Vulture set skill) causes my character to get stuck mid-air like Superman, perhaps an issue that arises from the permanent wings?

Is there any tips to fix this save file, or am I SOL? If so, I guess I'll just be waiting for Baldur's Gate 3 at this point :/

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Machdude; 06/07/20 02:18 AM.
Support
Support

This is a known issue, if you save in this dialogue (or the earlier one where Malady contacts you about the beacon) when one of the party members has the full Vulture set equipped, and reload. This should be fixed in a future update (no ETA yet, though, as this and a couple of other issues are still being investigated).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Raze

If and when the future update happens would it retroactively fix my save file? As I am playing Honour mode, I only have the one save.

Thanks for the answer also.

Support
Support

Yes, there should be a fix for existing saves.

If you are playing on PC, email supportdos2@larian.com with your save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) and I can add it to the bug report for QA to be able to use when testing the fix.
If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard