Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#671227 29/07/20 03:49 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Larian,

You guys are the kings of converting tabletop versions of rules in to a visual and storytelling masterpiece. You guys would be the best to bring in the Warhammer lore under your wings, please for the love of god do this!!!!

https://www.ign.com/articles/games-...azKHLFQ7QUwdIn_-tM9RnsNPIcKPvf4YPMLA4R9I

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Zerosoft
please for the love of god

Which god? Is it heresy I smell? The repurgators would like a word with you...

Ok seriously now. First Larian would need to get a deal with Games Workshop. GW is really careful about its intellectual property and may impose a lot of restrictions, many more than Wizards of the Coast apparently. This would really limit Larian's freedom of work.

Second, the Warhammer Fantasy world (at least the world before the End Times, not the Age of Sigmar nonsense) is a pretty dark and desperate place. Larian has some great storytellers, but would they enjoy and perform so well in a grimdark setting?

enthusiast
enthusiast
No. Please no.

WH40k is a wargame and Larian is struggling with implementing and balancing combat-lite D&D 5e. Larian would absolutely butcher wh40k.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
addict
addict
They would add a new Chaos faction of Space Barrels.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virion

Lvl 1 spell: Exterminatus

Just burn the whole planet xD.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Svalr
Originally Posted by virion

Lvl 1 spell: Exterminatus

Just burn the whole planet xD.

Pretty much xD I could see this working for Orcs though. " Orc believe red barrel explode! WAAAAGH!"

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Warhammer isn't just WH40K. The Warhammer Fantasy Battle game predates 40K by some years.

WFB/WHFRP has a great setting, it was only the system that put me off. I was heavily influenced by Warhammer's Old World when I wrote my own gameworld for GURPS, and still like the atmosphere it can bring to a RPG. Having said which, I hate the whole 'Chaos Armies Smash Everything' ethos which seems to pervade. Chaos as the enemy within is far more my style of gaming than unstoppable hordes of increasingly OTT monsters and warriors. I don't play the Total War games for that very reason.

A decent CRPG set in the Old World would be good, but GW are notoriously protective over what they see as their IP (even when it isn't) and I doubt they would allow the setting to be used using a different system to the current WHFRP.

My gameworld is available for a setting if Larian are interested. Give me five bob and a boiled egg and it's yours.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard