Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#671567 06/08/20 04:26 PM
Kaspr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Does anyone know if Larian has made a statement about animation modding support?

Rather than complaining about BG3s animation style, I'd like to simply make my own animations via modding. Did Larian mention anywhere if this will be supported?

addict
addict
Not that I can recall. I don't think there is actually a committment to anything other than the base game at this point.

From the viewpoint of writing modding tools, it would certainly be helpful to know the data formats being used ahead of time, even if they are not guranteed as final.

Perhaps Raze may enlighten us?

Support
Support

There has been no conformation of modding support. Currently the focus is entirely on the game itself.

apprentice
apprentice
I bet there will be a devkit on the long run it was this way with DOS:OS2 aswell. And I enjoyed the map editor quite a bit.
I think you can expect it after the official release (not EA) and about a year in or so. But that's just speculating ofcourse.

addict
addict
@Raze: Thanks for the confirmation.

@Nonex: Yeah, I wouldn't expect official tools for a while, but generally what you need for creating individual items of custom content is an understanding of the data formats. The earlier they are available, the earlier people with ideas can start to realize them. Creating new custom content is often more time consuming than anything else.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard