Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#668440 17/06/20 09:18 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey there,

I'm experiencing a bug with Definitive edition: when I'm trying to interact with the cake on wedding the game crashes, guys from reddit and steam having the same issue on every platform. Looks like it was introduced with the latest patch.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/h9jmxs/act_4_bug_minimal_spoilers/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/6/2521401367306955155/

My setup is: Macbook Pro 16, macOS 10.15.5, Definitive Edition latest version 3.6.64.2709

Contact me for crash log if you need it

Last edited by Raze; 18/06/20 03:59 AM. Reason: enable links
stranger
stranger
I came here to post about the same problem. I am playing on PS4. I'm wondering if there is some gameplay way around it.

Support
Support

This crash is reproducible, and a hotfix is being prepared.

stranger
stranger
I've got the same problem, any updates on the matter?

stranger
stranger
Yeah i would really appreciate some updates haven't gotten the update yet and i don't want to progress without doing the quest

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no ETA yet.

stranger
stranger
Just trying to get a feel on the option we have to A- Ignore that part of the quest (story) or B- Wait for the hotfix. I understand that no ETA can be given but can we get a scale on wait-time?
Are we talking days, weeks, months before it gets a quick patch; because it is preventing us from getting further in the game (or can be ignore if patch is not to be dropped soon).

stranger
stranger
I've been waiting on a hotfix for about 2 weeks now, I've figured that skipping the quest you would miss out on 200k xp so I think its worth the wait as long as its not too long. I've been in contact with Larian Studios and they told me 1 week ago that a hot fix should take a week or two as long as the issue is code based and not data. I'm going to give it another week or so and then skip the quest. They are coming up on a new release soon so I wouldn't be surprised if a hotfix takes longer than it normally would.

Support
Support

While there is still no ETA, given the available options, it would likely be on the order of weeks. There are still a couple of issues being investigated, and once the update is finalised it will depend on the nature of the changes how thorough the testing will need to be (if no critical issues are found, a full playthrough by QA would take a week for standard testing, to two weeks if additional permutations of main and side quest content needed to be checked). If the changes are all safe (unlikely to affect other systems) it would require less testing than if changes are made to story, or core components that do affect many systems.

stranger
stranger
@Raze thank you for the estimate

stranger
stranger
Also experiencing the same issue, it is blocking my progress on this otherwise amazing game.
Are there any known workarounds for this crash that would still allow us to get the XP from the quest?

stranger
stranger
Waiting on this fix as well.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Another note, auto-reporting of this is broke and it probably isn't related to the latest update since that hasn't been loaded yet here.

EDIT: Ignore the latest update part; I have 2709. I guess I'm still confused at how the last update worked - I thought it didn't apply until the start of a new campaign but I was wrong. I take it that just the new content doesn't update mid-game.

Last edited by caninelegion; 04/07/20 03:38 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
This pertains to I8on: Depending on how fast the hotfix happens, you could do everything else in Arx short of triggering the end game and come back.

Last edited by caninelegion; 04/07/20 03:42 AM.
Support
Support

The code changes, etc, in the update apply to existing saves; it is just the armour DLC content that requires a new game.

Any news?...

Support
Support

The update is in the process of being finalised, but there is no ETA yet.

stranger
stranger
So this has been an issue for a month and a half. I am really looking forward to your Baulders Gate 3, now I am concerned about game breaking bugs. Normally I would just give it a week but you broke a great game by introducing a cheat item. The cheat items aren't important. Can you just let us remove them so the game will work?

Support
Support

The scope of the update grew somewhat.
There was quite a bit more involved in the last update than a 'cheat item'.

It is possible to revert to the previous game version, but that would also require reverting to a save made before the last update.

With the GOG release, in Galaxy select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Configure...', then uncheck automatic updates, in order to manually select the last update.

With Steam, it is possible to download previous versions of games using a console in the client. See this guide and the related screenshots.
Note that the guide suggests moving the current install folder and replacing it with the downloaded version, but it would be easier to leave the current install in place, and move the downloaded folder wherever you want to play from (perhaps renaming it 'DOS2 old version', or something), and start it from the executable until the next update.
After confirming the previous version works, you can delete the 'bin', 'Classic' and 'Data' folders from its main folder, since you don't need a duplicate of the original release of the game (just the 'DefEd' folder).

stranger
stranger
Hello there,

Is there any news on an upcoming update?

I really love the game and I can't wait to finish my third game!

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard