Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#673266 26/08/20 05:42 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I would like to preface this post by saying that I have fallen in love with this game and almost everything about it is fantastic. However, something has really bummed me out. My main is a rogue, and I have always loved the fantasy of the dual dagger backstabbing rogue. I'm at level 13 and have enjoyed my rogue, but after looking through Reddit post after Reddit post, it seems the consensus is that rogues end up as a weak damage dealer. Weaker than tankier 2 handed characters and weaker than safer ranged ones. Do the developers agree that rogues end up weaker? If so, is there any intent to buff them? If there's not, what is the justification of a high risk squishy melee damage dealer that does less damage than tankier and safer characters?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Stealth kills would be a reasonable buff but I think it's more how you use them. Damage is low due to daggers being low damage. Armor is generally low due to build factors. However, stealth characters often have two or three jumps and often polymorph so can go invisible and fly. This means they can strike then jump out of danger. It's a different way of playing and invites even more damage to the other characters but is it truly weaker? Hard to say. Now, the final fight, I'm no fan of. From my experience, the only way to win it is with magic and mostly three-level source magic at that. In that battle, my stealth guy was mainly the bring them back from the grave guy and there is no place to jump to safety.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard