Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tuxaua Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,
First, love the game, but since I got to Arx I've noticed that the game started crashing more constantly when I try to save. It was frustrating at first, but I was able to power through even if it meant repeating some quests or actions a couple of times.
However, from 2-3 weeks ago I noticed a significant increase in crashes and right now, every time I try to save, either Quick Save, Save or even Auto Save, the game crashes and I receive a system pop-up and the game is closed and lose whatever I did since I last save. I read posts about reducing the number of save files and reducing the number of auto saves in settings, but none have work. It making the game almost unplayable as some quests trigger Auto Save and I'm stuck on this crash cycle.
Happy to provide any additional detail or information needed as I really want to continue playing this game, but this constant crashes are taking a toll.
Thanks!

Support
Support

You can disable auto saves in the options.

If you drop a teleporter pyramid, if applicable, and waypoint to the Arx Outskirts or Hall of Echoes, does that let you save reliably? If so, the teleporter pyramid would help you get back to where you left off, for a less annoying workaround.

Before the crashing became consistent, was there any pattern to when or where it would be more likely to crash (in combat, if there were a lot of NPCs around, etc)?

Does it make a difference if the Switch is docked or not?

tuxaua Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Raze,
Thanks for your reply!

I will try the pyramid approach and will report back, but I had a couple of crashes before when I was in the Hall of Echoes.

I noticed a couple of patterns.
- The game has only crashed for me while trying to Save it, which I usually do not in combat and not necessarily there are a lot of NPC around. For example, I had constant crashes after discovering the cathedral waypoint and trying to save or by myself at Kemm's Garden
- It started to get worst when I started to do quests within Arx city, I can't perform any action while "Saving..." is still appearing in screen, like talking to a NPC or searching for items or it will crash when performing the said action. Accessing inventory or any of the items on "Panel Section" are also not an option.
- Although I shouldn't perform any action while saving, I can't stand still, I need to keep moving the character. For example, before this started I had the tendency of hitting save and leave the game on the "Game Menu" and resting my Switch for a couple of minutes to do something else, like go to the restroom or grab a glass of water, and I would come back to find the game saved and the menu open as I left. Since the issue started, this is no longer an option. Every time I do this, the game crashes.
- It usually crashes when I'm not in combat and not necessarily there are a lot of NPC. For example, I had constant crashes after discovering the cathedral waypoint and trying to save or by myself at Kemm's Garden
- Sometimes it's clear it will crash as after hitting either "Quick Save" or "Save" the screen is "grey out" for longer than usual and it crashes before I regain control of the character.

I never used my Switch docked, either for this game or any other. My Switch is running on the latest version (10.2.0)

Thanks!

Support
Support

Thank you for the details. A couple of other people have reported similar issues, and I will add this to the existing bug report.

tuxaua Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard