Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stepout Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just doing something wrong, but NPCs keep telling me to put my weapon away when it's on my back or in my inventory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhgpfbdfnvi7aj8/20161117172717_1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c5dkldlhxmmz0w/20161117172927_1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr7efldnny16oxi/20161117173251_1.jpg

Last edited by vometia; 18/11/16 07:16 AM. Reason: formatting
Support
Support

Did you try hitting Tab (default hotkey) to Toggle Combat Mode?

Does it help if you select a skill or grenade, etc (anything that needs a target) and then right click to cancel?
This would fix a rare glitch in D:OS EE that can cause the draw/sheath weapon toggle not to work, though in that case the models would show the character with a drawn weapon.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I've had the same problem quite a number of times now. Drawing and re-sheathing weapons seems to fix it, but it is slightly annoying.

J'aime le fromage.
S
stepout Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Here's a save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1qjqio7vyb85pe/Unsheathed.rar?dl=0

If you load it and go up to Unnis, she won't think your weapon is out. However if you:

1. Load the save
2. Press Tab to take out weapon
3. Press Tab to put away weapon
4. Go up to Unnis

Then she'll think your weapon is still out.

Support
Support

Thank you; I will create a bug report for this.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you try hitting Tab (default hotkey) to Toggle Combat Mode?

Oh my god. 172 hours into the game and I didn't even know this was a thing. NPCs just started acting all agro towards me.

Thanks.

R
stranger
stranger
R
This is happening on the PS4 as well. Unlike the PC, there isn't a controller key to toggle combat mode (that I'm aware of).

stranger
stranger
Here's something I don't understand. The OP reported this issue two and a half years ago, back in November of 2016. It's now June of 2019 and this issue is still not patched. I could see if Larian was never made aware of the issue. That would be reasonable as to why a patch hasn't been released yet. I could even understand if it had been reported recently, as the devs wouldn't have had enough time to resolve it. Two plus years though, on a bug this minor, is ridiculous.

Raze, who I assume is some sort of moderator or development team member, replied to the OP and said, "Thank you; I will create a bug report for this."

Sorry, but what good does creating a bug report do if the development team is not even going to make an effort to fix said bugs? If this is how they're going to be, I think I'll pass on the next Larian product and stick with a software developer that does patch their bugs when reported.

Last edited by Lionfan1986; 19/06/19 05:07 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections; typos
Support
Support

There was a fix for this issue. Fixing an issue doesn't mean there can not be a different trigger for the same symptoms, or that a subsequent change couldn't either interfere with the fix or reintroduce the original problem.

If you have a save where this issue can be reproduced, and are playing on PC, please email it to supportdos2@larian.com (or email/post a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

stranger
stranger
Well, it's not happening anymore. If it was, I'd sure send you a save file of it. But when I tried to break into Arhu's Chambers to investigate his disappearance, the guards tried to stop me. I couldn't pass their stupid little speech check as my persuasion character wasn't the one breaking in. So I had to fight them or go to jail. I chose to fight them and for a while after that, the whole town was aggro like I had my weapons out when I didn't. They weren't full aggro though, just kept repeating things like "Stow your weapons if you know what's good for ya," or "Put away your weapons, I don't want trouble." They weren't even showing on the mini-map as hostile red dots, like full aggro NPCs do. They were still showing as the little yellow (neutral) and little green (friendly) dots. They don't actually attack me unless I attack them, but it's really annoying when I'm trying to get my characters to walk a long distance and I have to keep clicking the destination every time someone stops them. After fighting Lord Kemm, the situation seemed to resolve itself, but it is a strange bug. Oh, and I'm positive my weapons were not out. I tried everything, hitting tab a few times, manually unseathing and re-sheathing with the buttons, nothing worked for long until after I killed Lord Kemm.

Oh and on another note: Something inconsistent I noticed, story-wise, is that all the villains I killed and then devoured their souls, i.e. Lord Kemm, Isbiel, and Sallow Man were all still present at the final fight against Braccus Rex. If I devoured their souls and reduced them to nothing, how is it possible that the God King could bring them back? It's a bit asinine when you think about it and something that should be corrected, either by removing them from the final fight if they're absorbed, or by removing the ability for the player to absorb their souls in the first place. Something like what happened with Windego after the second fight. When the player tries to absorb her, the God-King takes her soul before you can. Something like that would make more sense for the others than what is the case right now.

Last edited by Lionfan1986; 20/06/19 02:53 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a gameplay change suggestion
Support
Support

If weapons are drawn, it creates a crime scene in the vicinity that friendly/neutral NPCs react to. There may have been a problem with the end of the combat, which the next(?) combat cleared. It seems the issue isn't exactly the same as previous cases, if unsheathing and resheathing weapons didn't help, though.

The issue with the Kraken summons was brought up with the design team during development, and they were fine with it as it is. If your characters agree to be purged at the end of the game, they will also be brought back (with a brief explanation during the cutscene) and be present for the epilogue section.

stranger
stranger
I get that the developers were fine with it the way it was, but in the interest of continuity and the story making sense, it probably would be a good idea to remove the ability to absorb Lord Kemm, Isbeil, and Sallow Man's souls or remove them from the final fight if they were absorbed and put in non-unique summoned NPCs instead.

Also, it's not like making Kemm, Isbeil, and Sallow Man unable to be devoured would take much effort as the code is already there from what happens when you try to absorb Windego after the 2nd fight with her. That code could very easily be modified and applied to the other three NPCs I mentioned and that would solve the problem completely. They'd be there because the God King took their souls, which would make a lot more sense than the player absorbing their souls and they're still in the final fight.

Heck, even the DOS2 Wiki (link: https://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/End+Times ) says that Lord Kemm, Isbeil, and Sallow Man shouldn't be there if they were absorbed and that the Kraken would summon no-named NPCs instead, like Black Ring Painreavers and Fearmaidens, etc. So not even the wiki is accurate.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard