Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654749 16/08/19 02:22 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, I have two Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 pads. I have played split screen few years ago, but now I can't seem to get them working with the game. Always mouse+keyboard. I remember I had to do something so that the game would ask to press either pad button or mouse/keyboard to choose input method but can't find that page anymore http://forums.larian.com/images/icons/default_dark/frown.gif

Any help what I should try next. Switch ctrl+shift+R did nothing, Windows 8.1 recognizes the pads and messing with x360ce_x64 didn't help either. Any ideas very much appreciated.

Support
Support

With the Steam version, you can enable PlayStation controller support in the client (in Big Picture Mode, go to Settings and then Controller Settings). Alternately, the program DS4Windows should get the latest version of the PS4 controller recognized by the game.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have the GOG version and I managed to get it recognize pad in start screen where to choose either classic or definitive, please see liked picture. But that seems to be the end of it. On the main menu pads do nothing and only mouse is operational. If I remember correctly the game asked to press either pad button or mouse/keyboard to choose the input method. No luck so far. I guess I soon have to buy another DS4 to get this going on split screen again. But I'll try at least a bit more because this has become a challenge.[img]https://imgur.com/CHQ99SQ[/img]

Support
Support

Yes, if the game detects a supported controller, there should be a prompt screen to select the input before getting to the main menu.

Does the Classic version detect the controllers?

Try right clicking the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' executable file, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab, and check off the option to always run as administrator, to see if that helps.

Try switching the game windowed or fake fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, if the game detects a supported controller, there should be a prompt screen to select the input before getting to the main menu.

Other games detect and work with those. DOS2 seems to detect them only on previously mentioned game type choosing screen.

Does the Classic version detect the controllers?

Only as mentioned.

Try right clicking the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' executable file, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab, and check off the option to always run as administrator, to see if that helps.

Admin / no admin no difference.

Try switching the game windowed or fake fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

No luck.

Have I missed something in x360ce_x64 ?

Support
Support

For x360ce you should just need to run x360ce_x64.exe from the install folder ('..\DefEd\bin' subfolder), configure the controllers (manually, or searching for the "most popular settings for my controller", perhaps using two different ones), in the Game Settings set it to create Xinput files for 64 bit v1.3, and after exiting and starting the game, it should hopefully recognize the controllers.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Finally working! I needed to fiddle with x360ce_x64 somewhat more and then copied the created settings to every exe containing folder (not if really needed). If someone encounters same problem I can post screenshots that worked for me. Thanks for the assist Raze!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard