Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bunnibb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Im using the Divinity Engine 2 on Steam and recently started having an Error happen on launch and when loading projects.

When I load projects I can't see the anything but the tools for developing. The working environment where I can drag and drop, and interact with the map doesn't load.

half the time upon loading a project I crash.

I've tried re-installing both the game + dlc + engine, and restarting my PC.

The details I get are as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Hosted HWND must be a child window of the specified parent.
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndHost.BuildWindow(HandleRef hwndParent)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndHost.BuildOrReparentWindow()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndHost.OnSourceChanged(Object sender, SourceChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.PresentationSource.UpdateSourceOfElement(DependencyObject doTarget, DependencyObject doAncestor, DependencyObject doOldParent)
at System.Windows.PresentationSource.OnVisualAncestorChanged(DependencyObject uie, AncestorChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnVisualAncestorChanged(Object sender, AncestorChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.ProcessAncestorChangedNotificationRecursive(DependencyObject e, AncestorChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.AddVisualChild(Visual child)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.set_TemplateChild(UIElement value)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.UseContentTemplate.BuildVisualTree(FrameworkElement container)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 dataField, DependencyObject container, FrameworkElementFactory templateRoot, Int32 lastChildIndex, HybridDictionary childIndexFromChildID, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate)
at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 templateDataField, FrameworkElement container)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ApplyTemplate()
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.DockPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(UIElement element, Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.DockPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.Decorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost.<OnHandleCreated>b__54_0()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback)
at System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have no idea what any of this means.

I'm running windows 10.

I appreciate any help.

Support
Support

Try verifying local files, for the game and editor (though reinstalling should have fixed any issues with missing or corrupt files, especially if you made sure the install folder was removed / empty after uninstalling, or installed to a different location): in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button, then the same for the editor.

Is there any difference if you try to start the editor directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\The Divinity Engine 2\DefEd\DivinityEngine2.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator?

Do you have the same problem with a new project, or in the sandbox?

Can you start the Classic version of the editor?

You may want to check Larian's Discord, as well. There are other modders there, and possibly people from Larian who can offer modding support.
​

Bunnibb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have no problem with new projects, I deleted the install folder when re-installing. As well as verified integrity. I tried starting directly from the file location and as an adminstrator. I crash now only when loading my old project. New projects are fine even with loading up again.

The classic version wasn't crashing when I was crashing.

Thanks for the help, so far it works with new projects. I saw a post about changing the DPI settings or something like that through the properties menu within Windows. That seems to fixed crashing on launch. Not sure if its a temp fix though.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard