Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Perhaps for someone with over 1200 hours in the game I should know this but, I don't. I try not to play games in a formulalistic way - basically just doing things as they happen naturally. So, in all the last games, I took a boat with Han. This game, after saving Deloras, the boat was gone (probably because I already used the sewers to get there to get some drugs for Stingtail) so I used the draw bridge to return. Being in that area, I was soon at the castle ruins and saved Sir Gareth. I then made my way to Amadia's sanctuary. A lot of things were different. Healing Han got no reply. All the wounded seekers were dead. Nobody told me to see Leya so when I spoke to her and the Dwarf (plus, Beast is not part of my team), there was no mention of removing the source collars. Am I doomed? Have to go way back and do things in a different order?

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Drat! I was hoping someone would know how to get the collars off. I don't have a save that far back and, really, don't want to replay that much or start a new game. This run was supposed to be four mages but Ifan is ending up as more of a ranger anyway. It's hard to ignore that early bow he can get! I guess it's time to move on.

L
addict
addict
L
Option: get beast in your party. if you don't want to kick someone use mod that allows more than 4 characters.
I think malady will remove your collars.
But if your whole save is bugged....sorry maybe need to restart/ use old save

Support
Support

AFAIK Leya should still remove the source collars even if you rescue Gareth first. Malady will remove them, if you don't do so otherwise before then.

Is Lohse in your party? She should have a unique dialogue option with Leya, similar to Beast's option with Duggan.

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and one before rescuing Gareth, if available. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I'll try Lohse as she is in the party and I had no idea about Malady. I'm certain I can get through until then. I thought there'd be more ways then I knew to get them off again - thanks!

EDIT: Well. Leya said, "hello sweet thing" to Lohse then readily agreed to take the collar off. I said this before but every time I play this game, I learn something new.

You know, I was thinking of moving on to another game in my back log but, isn't there an add on game to this one, maybe "Path of the Divine"or something like that? If so, I should get that and play it before moving on.

Last edited by caninelegion; 31/05/20 03:49 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Reply on Edit: I may have gotten confused. What I read about may have been a canned follow on. All I remember is that Malady is now the enemy.

EDIT: Raze answered this on GoG. It now believe that I was reading about "Fallen Heroes" so I will be hitting my game back log after completing my latest playthrough. I'll still be here on the forum, though, waiting for whatever non-Baldur's Gate game comes up.

Last edited by caninelegion; 02/06/20 02:00 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard