Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#671547 06/08/20 10:19 AM
DTL1995 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I may have missed this but do you guys know if Paladins are going to get support for Oathbreakers or Oath of Treachery? Seems like only real 'evil' based class so far is Warlock? Has there been any talk for class/kits like this further down the line?

DTL1995 #671551 06/08/20 11:22 AM
veteran
veteran
Only Oath of devotion, Vengeance and ancients confirmed so far.

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

There are very few subclasses or races tied to a particular alignment. You can play lawful good Celestial warlocks or a chaotic good necromancer and an Lawful evil Circle of Spores druid. You can also play easily a nasty character as a paladin with the Oath of Conquest, Crown or Vengeance.

Last edited by _Vic_; 06/08/20 11:34 AM.
_Vic_ #671553 06/08/20 01:02 PM
DTL1995 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah that all sounds good! I'm not complaining - I know Larian has a literal mountain of content so it's a bit privileged of me to just start asking for sub-class's haha laugh

I guess my core class fantasy has always been Death knight/Blackguard so I was wondering if there was any news for that - but who knows maybe down the line they might add it!

DTL1995 #671554 06/08/20 01:30 PM
Banned
Banned
I love Blackguards so much. I too hope they will be a class option.

DTL1995 #671595 07/08/20 05:50 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Once we get paladins (yay!) in the full game, makes sense they would add OB as a class option.

The greatest of evils we face may lie within
DTL1995 #671598 07/08/20 08:56 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DTL1995
Yeah that all sounds good! I'm not complaining - I know Larian has a literal mountain of content so it's a bit privileged of me to just start asking for sub-class's haha laugh

I guess my core class fantasy has always been Death knight/Blackguard so I was wondering if there was any news for that - but who knows maybe down the line they might add it!

You can always try pathfinder. I think the antipaladin will be in WoTR till BG3 is out.

DTL1995 #671603 07/08/20 11:14 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Before Warlocks came out Blackgaurds were the next best thing for me. Dark magic and I look like Sauron? Awesome combination. Thankfully Warlocks can satisfy my infernal needs. Oathbreakers are equally interesting as well.

Evil always finds a way.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Thankfully Warlocks can satisfy my infernal needs. Oathbreakers are equally interesting as well.

*Gareyth's hand drops to his sword, unconsciously verifying it is still in the scabbard...* smile

Last edited by Sir Gareyth; 10/08/20 07:16 AM.

Sir Gareyth #671689 10/08/20 05:23 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sir Gareyth
Thankfully Warlocks can satisfy my infernal needs. Oathbreakers are equally interesting as well.

*Gareyth's hand drops to his sword, unconsciously verifying it is still in the scabbard...* smile

I will have you know Mr Paladin that I serve the Nine Hells of Baator and therefore I am a Lawful being.

Evil always finds a way.
journeyman
journeyman

I will have you know Mr Paladin that I serve the Nine Hells of Baator and therefore I am a Lawful being.

*Gareyth raises an eyebrow, a slight smile playing on his lips*

Lawful thine lords may be, dark one - but it is the motives behind their ever-burning fires that give me pause. Adherence to code and certain ends never justify such means.

Sir Gareyth #671953 17/08/20 01:47 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sir Gareyth

*Gareyth raises an eyebrow, a slight smile playing on his lips*

Lawful thine lords may be, dark one - but it is the motives behind their ever-burning fires that give me pause. Adherence to code and certain ends never justify such means.

Saving the universe by fighting the Demons in the never ending Blood War? Yes, truly I am a reprehensible being.

Evil always finds a way.
DTL1995 #672006 18/08/20 06:43 PM
journeyman
journeyman
And will ultimate victory for devil-kind bring salvation? Nay, far better I say to look for it instead in redemption, the path to which should be open to all. Compassion for one’s foe, hope and inspiration - not the threat of damnation - these strike truer than any blade.

Yet I fear such words never reach your masters’ ears...

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard