Larian Studios
hello everyone
i recently moved to oman and i'm looking for online sellers who accept pre-orders for the pc version of divinity 2(in english please).can someone please recommend such sellers to me and all divinity fans out there who live outside europe/the united states??
thank you all for your time wave
As no publisher for the English market has been announced up to now, it is impossible to buy the English version of the game at the moment.
Yeah its impossible at the moment.
My moneys on Deep Silver for the rest of Europe.
CDV for US.
Just my 2 cents.
Wasn't it CDV for Divine Divinity, and they changed for Beyond Divinity due to being unsatisfied with how CDV handled the job?

Yeah, it was CDV for the original game, and HIP for BD (I just looked). My guess is they won't go back to CDV for North America.
Considering how badly CDV screwed up (and are they even a company anymore?) im going to say definitely not them again.
*sigh*
i was more than anxious to get my hands on one asap.oh well,i guess i have no choice but to wait then.thank you all for your time and feedback,much highly appreciated thankyou
I'm sure you'll be able to Pre-order soon.
Since its not due until September.
In my opinion you would probably to be able to pre-order in August.
thanks pal,ya i think that's a reasonable time frame too.appreciate it think
Worse case scenario, order the English version from overseas. I'm sure the UK version of Amazon will have it, just gotta pay out the nose in shipping and wait a week or two.

That is what I'll do if I can't get it from a North America store. I've waited too damn long the way it is! :P
Yet its not available to pre-order anyway.
Also how do you know its going to be region free?

The XBox version of the game may or may not be region specific. I assume that choice is up to the publisher, so we will not know until after the English publisher(s) have been announced.

The PC version should not have any region restrictions, which is presumably what LightningLockey was referring to, since that version is what the original poster specified. I've ordered a number of PC games from the UK, and prefer their DVD style case to North American's half empty boxes or double wide DVD cases wrapped in a cardboard sleeve. Also, ordering older games off eBay, etc, I've generally found the shipping comparable or cheaper than from the US, and the shipping times faster.
Oh ok.
I thought he was talking 360 versions.
does larian reccommend any sellers for its fans outside europe/the united states??i'm sure that will be a useful answer for many divinity 2 fans...
i'm used to buying stuff from us-based ebay,but i will keep an eye out for ebay-uk now;hopefully i could find better deals.thanks for the info wink
Personaly I recommend Videogamesplus.ca
They Ship Worldwide.
They even tell you if the games region free.
By the way where are you actually from?

I'm sure the D2:ED website will eventually link to various sites / stores that have the game for pre-order and/or order, at the appropriate time. The publisher may do this as well, and/or offer the game directly.

I used to check ebay.com separately from ebay.ca to find additional listings, but in the last couple years I think they have done a better job integrating sites. The last time I checked ebay.com was the end of last year, and the only extra listings that turned up were a couple that didn't ship to Canada. The listings from UK sellers generally show up after the main search result list, under ebay stores or international sellers, but I have not had any problems finding them from ebay.ca.

Anyway, for a new release ebay probably would not turn up the best deal (at least going by a couple new-ish games and movies I checked for awhile ago). Amazon may be a better bet, or the web sites for Best Buy / Future Shop / Staples (etc). If you have any local computer or game stores, they may be willing to special order the game, if they do not usually have much selection.
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Personaly I recommend Videogamesplus.ca
They Ship Worldwide.
They even tell you if the games region free.
By the way where are you actually from?

i'm middle eastern.i first played-and fell in love with-divine divinity while i was in the u.s lol!! but im looking for international sellers since im in oman now on a business trip.raze's advice was the most valuable in my eyes and i'll keep an eye on amazon.com since i already have an account with them(wooot).also ebay.ca is of interest to me as well since i heard of better deals there compared to ebay.com. oh well,i'll just keep my fingers crossed until ego draconis is officially released in english groovy
I wish Larian would say something already about how the United States players can get a copy, even if we gotta import it from England or if there will be a site to buy the game as downloaded software. Peronsally I'd rather download it than to have another stinking box.

They can not say anything about ordering an English copy of the game until after they have announced an English publisher.
Is it me or does it seem late in the game to not have one yet? I honestly wouldn't know.
raze has a point,but-personally-i think larian should have announced an English publisher a long time ago.oh well

a) Larian has a North American and UK publisher, but it hasn't occurred to any of them to make any announcements or do any work publicly.

b) They had or almost had a publisher, but there was a problem and they had to restart the process.

c) No English publishers were interested. D2:ED will be the next Wizardry 8, and Larian will soon be joining Sir Tech in bankruptcy.

d) The English version was finished months ago, but a cabal of German companies bribed Larian to delay the release so they would get the game first. Expect an anti-trust lawsuit after the European courts are done with AMD and Intel.

e) Seeing several high profile and over-hyped games fail when released, the English publisher is planning a surprise release. Rather than a lot of advertisements and announcements all over the place, the entire budget is being spent on a rocket: the day before the English release, the D2:ED logo will be painted on the moon.

f) There was never an English version of the game. Several years ago Larian was bought out in a hostile takeover by the publisher of the 'German for Dummies' series of books. Once there is enough demand for an English version of the game, they will release the 'English Compatible' box set of their book/CD and the German game.

g) ...

Assuming Larian wants people to buy the game, it is logical to conclude that they are doing something about that, and will make a public announcement when they have something to announce.
I think we might have to wait until GamesCon In August.
Seems like a perfect time to announce a release and announce Publisher.
ALso show Of the game in all its glory.
Wish they'd announce it now though.

That sounds more likely than some of my suggestions. biggrin
Of course its me after all laugh
Larian/DTP Comment on this situation!!!
Originally Posted by Raze

a) Larian has a North American and UK publisher, but it hasn't occurred to any of them to make any announcements or do any work publicly.

b) They had or almost had a publisher, but there was a problem and they had to restart the process.

c) No English publishers were interested. D2:ED will be the next Wizardry 8, and Larian will soon be joining Sir Tech in bankruptcy.

d) The English version was finished months ago, but a cabal of German companies bribed Larian to delay the release so they would get the game first. Expect an anti-trust lawsuit after the European courts are done with AMD and Intel.

e) Seeing several high profile and over-hyped games fail when released, the English publisher is planning a surprise release. Rather than a lot of advertisements and announcements all over the place, the entire budget is being spent on a rocket: the day before the English release, the D2:ED logo will be painted on the moon.

f) There was never an English version of the game. Several years ago Larian was bought out in a hostile takeover by the publisher of the 'German for Dummies' series of books. Once there is enough demand for an English version of the game, they will release the 'English Compatible' box set of their book/CD and the German game.

g) ...

Assuming Larian wants people to buy the game, it is logical to conclude that they are doing something about that, and will make a public announcement when they have something to announce.

thanks for all your informational posts raze.but i'm worried now-and if you don't mind me asking-why is larian going to be the next sirtech??please tell me that is mere speculation disagree

None of that was based on actual facts, and it wasn't intended to be serious.

Specifically for point 'c', it is conceivable no English publishers are interested in the game (though hard to believe), but between the German release and Larian's other projects (several incarnations of KetnetKick), I doubt they are about to go bankrupt. I don't know the details about Sir-Tech, other than they ended up publishing the game themselves and had a deal with Electronics Boutique to distribute it.

The only thing I can say for sure about an English publisher for D2:ED is that there either is one or there isn't. If there is a publisher, then either they are waiting for some event to make an official announcement (ie at GamesCon, or to correspond with the announcement of some other game, etc), or they are still finalizing details, so can not release anything publicly. If there is no publisher, then Larian is either in negotiations with one or more potential publishers, still shopping around trying to drum up some interest, or exploring alternate publishing and/or distribution methods.
Hopefully the situation is one of the possibilities closer to the start than the end of that paragraph.
The situation is obviously letter e.
I'd like e). A big ass logo on the moon. Awesomesauce!
Yeah, but that kind of puts us in a tight spot for Divinity 3. How are we going to advertise that, when the moon is already taken?

Or, we could flip the moon (heh... make the moon 'moon' us... funny), and paint that side.
Secretly implement game logo in Mayan calendar and release the game on 21st of December 2012.
Saw the new trailer, where Larian mentions the countdown. How can the countdown begin for the US if there is no publisher or any way to pre-order the game?
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Saw the new trailer, where Larian mentions the countdown. How can the countdown begin for the US if there is no publisher or any way to pre-order the game?

I think they mean countdown for German Release!
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

I think they mean countdown for German Release!

ya i think so too
it is available for pre order , but in german..

aargh devastating,I'm from belgium,Larian is from belgium..and yet I need to wait..I can't hold on anymore..I want this game so bad =D
Originally Posted by dwelfusius

aargh devastating,I'm from belgium,Larian is from belgium..and yet I need to wait..I can't hold on anymore..I want this game so bad =D

Why don't you order the German version.
Or don't you speak German?

They are going to release an English version aren't they? They have an English forum. The game is supposed to be released in September, only a couple months and they still don't have an English publisher. This doesn't look good for those of us who don't speak German.
Originally Posted by js123
They are going to release an English version aren't they? They have an English forum. The game is supposed to be released in September, only a couple months and they still don't have an English publisher. This doesn't look good for those of us who don't speak German.

How does it not look good.
The only thing that does really look good is the buisness side of things.
Yes the English version will still be released they finished all the Dialogue last month.

They most likely have a publisher.
They can't just put a date out without a publisher.
Like I've said before the publisher will probably be announced at GamesCon in August.
Ok, if they've finished the dialogue maybe I shouldn't be worried. The release is only a couple months off though, I'd like to preorder the game, but I can't. I could if I were German.
Yeah you shouldn't be worried.
Maybe Larian read this and might soon put out an announcement.
If they don't we'll definately hear more at GamesCon.
An announcement would be nice.
I think this is a great lesson to teach you patience. Seriously.
[Yoda] A RARE virtue the patience is [/Yoda] grin
If anything, though, Larian may need to be worried about approaching the release dates of so many other major titles at the end of the year (well, major in the sense that I've been waiting for them for so long, too). Larian really only has until early September to get the game into my hands before it starts hitting competition from the other games on my buy list. Every game that had an early 2009 release was pushed to second half, making a very crowded fall season.

Patience is okay but there's also waiting too long and missing your window of opportunity. I hope it all works out well.
Originally Posted by Equisilus
If anything, though, Larian may need to be worried about approaching the release dates of so many other major titles at the end of the year (well, major in the sense that I've been waiting for them for so long, too). Larian really only has until early September to get the game into my hands before it starts hitting competition from the other games on my buy list. Every game that had an early 2009 release was pushed to second half, making a very crowded fall season.

Patience is okay but there's also waiting too long and missing your window of opportunity. I hope it all works out well.

I feel exactly the same here. There's certain three videogames all being released at the end of October, and all three of them, I am as interested into as with Divinity II.

One of the reasons why I made up my mind and decided to pick Divinity II over the others, is because the release date says "late summer", which makes me think it should be released during the first half of September, which is almost one month earlier than all the other games I am so interested into. And since I can't decide which game is better until I play it, I will buy the one that gets released first.

However, what makes me worried is that while all the other games that get released in October have already had their specific day of release being announced, Divinity II, which is supposed to come first, still doesn't have a clear set date. I'm worried this may mean postponing.
Originally Posted by Lun-Sei Sleidee
Originally Posted by Equisilus

I feel exactly the same here. There's certain three videogames all being released at the end of October, and all three of them, I am as interested into as with Divinity II.

One of the reasons why I made up my mind and decided to pick Divinity II over the others, is because the release date says "late summer", which makes me think it should be released during the first half of September, which is almost one month earlier than all the other games I am so interested into. And since I can't decide which game is better until I play it, I will buy the one that gets released first.

However, what makes me worried is that while all the other games that get released in October have already had their specific day of release being announced, Divinity II, which is supposed to come first, still doesn't have a clear set date. I'm worried this may mean postponing.

oh no ANYTHING(well,mostly lol) but that lol
either way,in all honesty,i highly doubt that larian didn't read this thread at all/yet!!and i'm pretty sure they are thoroughly thinking this over.D2's release date IS an important topic hands down considering many factors mentioned in this post.i just hope that all turns out well for larian and its fans in the end...
I guess so. I suppose however, if the game isn't ready for September, they can't do much about it. I am somehow picturing the Divinity II developement team working extrahard in order to meet the September release date and thus sell more copies. :P

Hello dear forum members. I've been following this game and these forums for a while now.
I registered to react to this thread.

To the poster above me, if the game is ready for a german release in 3 weeks, why shouldn't it be ready for september for a EU release? Localization is not THAT long :-/

The game seems to be awesome, I am really looking forward to play it !
Ahhh being a dragon, I've been waiting for this since I stopped playing Drakan ^^
Originally Posted by Silencer
Localization is not THAT long :-/

Shouldn't, indeed, but I remember some games from the past that took several months to hit the German-language market - being in English originally. Localization shouldn't take that long ...

Some things like the NWN1 Bioware modules (the downloadables) were never translated at all ...
So, if you can preorder the german version of the game, when is that scheduled for release? I saw a Divinity 2 trailer which displayed the "summer 2009" release. Does it mean next month we may actually play this game already???

By the way, are there plans for localization in other languages too, apart from english and german?

EDIT: silly me, I just read more carefully the posts above here, and found out.... that the german version of Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is to be released in THREE WEEKS??????? Wow!!! Is that so???
Yes its being Released in Germany July 24th.
Well i'd like to see the English version 1 month maximum after the german release. I don't care if it's not localized in other languages ( I am French ), I only need the english one :p I can't read german ^^
English is September.
Its up to the publisher to decide dates.
Wow, I wish I could speak german....!!
If the german release is on July 24th, I sure hope the english release shouldn't take more than a couple weeks later - expecially considering that they said they've already done all the audio recording???
Or is september, confirmed?
September has been confirmed.

sad

Where?

Where?

Trailer movies give preview on the huge storyline

At the bottom ''Divinity II: Ego Draconis, developed by Larian Studios and published by dtp entertainment, will be released in September 2009 (Germany/Austria/Switzerland only: July 24th, 2009) for PC and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Divinity II offers next gen, story-based RPG entertainment.''

Also in a Gametrailers Interview during E3
Ah! I tried not to watch those video, fearing they may contain spoilers or something.
Oh, well, at last we know the month of english release, if not the day....

.....Is there a chance that the german version will be multilanguage??
Don't have a clue.
I doubt it though.
As they might be trying to minimise importing.
Patience, my young Padawans ... wink
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer

lol,enough said smile

This is a very wise comment up

This is a very wise comment up

Oh, really? So I assume if the game's english release gets released one year and an half later (see a certain famous rpg game), it's still ok, because we'd only need to have patience? :P

Nah, I need a specific release date. Expecially considering the high competition from other games, that will come in late october.
You know what I used to be like you.
I used to always Fishing for info and dates.
Then I learn't to have patience.

You wan't a release date you don't need one.
September is as far as you get.
Patience = less stress, less hectic. wink

Saves nerves. wink

It's easy. wink

Well, as soon as the game gets REALLY released in september.

One of the games that I wanted for long time and that is coming out this october, was supposed to be released ONE YEAR AGO. Imagine that when I found out it was delayed one year!
Not the first time such a thing happened, too. So I'm hoping we won't have another classical case of the game being released for a market not of my availability, and taking aaaages to finally be released in a version I can play.

we germans do the betatest for you, so you have a less buggy game, when it hits international release grin
Originally Posted by turi
we germans do the betatest for you, so you have a less buggy game, when it hits international release grin

Thanks, I'd like to join the betatest too. :P

Oh, well, one good thing is that, we will know all about the system requirements before June 24th. That's one thing I was really waiting for. My guess is: reccomended video cart 8800 GT, with dual core?

That's one thing I was really waiting for. My guess is: reccomended video cart 8800 GT, with dual core?

gamestar said:

"if your PC can run Oblivion, it will have no problems with Ego Draconis."

Yeah, true.

Yeah thats what I was going to say.

Us English get the patched less buggy version.

gamestar said:

"if your PC can run Oblivion, it will have no problems with Ego Draconis."

Yes, but, that's for the minimum system requirements, isn't it? And I don't care about those, of course my pc can reach them. I want to know about the reccomended system requirements.

Yeah, true.

Yeah thats what I was going to say.

Us English get the patched less buggy version.

Yeah, how many of you positive thinkers is NOT going to buy the german version? :P

Many since this is the English Forum.
If it came out the same time I would still buy it anyway.
For all we know the game could have hardly any bugs or glitches.
Many since this is the English Forum.
If it came out the same time I would still buy it anyway.
For all we know the game could have hardly any bugs or glitches.

We know that turi will buy the german version, and AlrikFassbauer is probably going to, since his nickname is in german. Will YOU buy the german version too? If so, I don't want to hear comments from you guys about how nice and good it is that other countries get the game months later. wink I'd accept such comment from someone who, like me, has to wait for the english version.

....Incidentally, what about the Xbox360 version - now, maybe that one will be multilanguage?

I have to wait as well.
If you've not clocked I'm English wink

Nobodys knows if it will have the English Language On The Disc.
It'll be probably be a no...
Patience is the key opa
I have to wait as well.
If you've not clocked I'm English wink

Nobodys knows if it will have the English Language On The Disc.
It'll be probably be a no...
Patience is the key opa

I hope either the Xbox360 or the pc version for the german release will have also the english language! (Ok, I'm daydreaming.... :P )
I'll have to wait 'till September too for Ego Draconis, while the game is being created in the country I live in laugh!
As Alrik and many others pointed out, have patience. With a little bit of luck, they'll throw in something extra for the English edition 'cause we had to wait a little bit longer.
I am so happy that the day after the release I am going to a 3 week holiday in ireland/UK......
frown So 1 day-try must be enough for the moment.

At least when I return the first patch will be released. grin
Originally Posted by dwelfusius

Why don't you order the German version.
Or don't you speak German?

Erm =D no laugh

I speak dutch,french and english but no german laugh And I'ld really like an English version of the game..I just don't understand why there isn't a preorder available in english..tsss..larian , this is not appreciated smile

their games and stuff like spellforce and GW are the only games I buy, and now i still cannot..aargh..sorry, been waiting for this game since...erm, the first hint that there was a new game coming on.. smile
There aren't too much differences between Dutch and German, I think ...
I can read it a bit, but why should I if I master English so much better xD

That would be quite absurd no?=)
Same here. wink I can speak English much better than Dutch or French. wink
There's quite a lot of differences between German and Dutch, the biggest being the use of cases in German, in Dutch, cases are only used in some old statements.
Dutch is my native tongue and I find it very hard to speak/write German properly. Altough some words are almost the same, and the construction of phrases is very similar. I have less problems with English and French combined than with German :p.

Of course there are differences, but wioth an open mind it is able to understand some bits of the other language. I heard that people who are abl to speak German dialects have even less problems, because these dialects seem to appear a bit closer to the Duch language, even.
There is a press release out on the German release on the 24th, you can find a copy here: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=12586
The press release is in German, but the important bit is at the top in English anyway.
German PC version: July 24th (standard & Collectors Edition)
German XBox 360 version: September
English PC version: September
English XBox 360 version: September (This is an assumption at the moment)
Why is the English Xbox 360 assumption.
Just because the German got pushed back doesn't mean the English will.
If your going to say that you might as well the PC version is assumption...

Why is the English Xbox 360 assumption.

Based on a rough online translation, DTP's press release does not seem to mention a date for the English XBox version specifically, just an early September international release.

Just because the German got pushed back doesn't mean the English will.

Actually, Myrthos was assuming that the English XBox version would not be delayed compared to the PC version, but apparently didn't want to state that as fact without anything official to go on.

If your going to say that you might as well the PC version is assumption...

September has been mentioned repeatedly and recently by Larian and DTP for the English release; that may or may not be carved in stone, but it can hardly be called an assumption. If there is a difference in release dates, the XBox version would most likely be the one to be delayed (unless the English publisher and/or situation are much different than the German ones).
Ok.
I see now sorry...
I still think the PC and Xbox 360 Version will be released simaltaniously.
If the 360 gets delayed I'll be upset but then again they want to make it up to scratch.

They are probably aiming for a simultaneous English PC and XBox release. With the delay for the German XBox version, though, it at least opens the possibility that there could be a delay with the English version if something happens to slow down development. On the other hand, they are delaying the German version until September, which is also when the English release is targeting for, so perhaps they will be able to work on some aspects of the two XBox versions in parallel, so they could be finished around the same time. Or not. It all depends on stuff we don't know, or things that have not happened yet...
haha... to speak german, you have to do it rather than think about it.

I remember a couple I know going to a tobacco store in Germany... my friend didn't speak any german at all, and the girl only spoke a little bit... and she was trying with hands and feet to explain to this guy that she needed to buy a pack of Bastos... and the guy didn't understand at all... so eventually, my friend just said "een paksken bastos" and the guy gave him a pack of bastos. It's not that hard, of course you're going to make mistakes, but as you speak it, you'll learn it much better than out of a textbook.
September for English version? Barely doubt, pretty sure that Russian version will out first :P
I doubt Russin will come out first.
The new release is Fall 2009.
The Russian release is 13 november. Pretty useless to relese english version first. I swear that sales in UK will be like few times lower than in RU :P
How is it pretty Useless to Release English Version first?
As Far as I know no Russian Date has been announced...
How is it pretty Useless to Release English Version first?

Huh?
Read my previous post.

As Far as I know no Russian Date has been announced...

Localizer was changed (from Akella to Snowball) and new date is 13 novemner.
Maybe the sales in the UK would be lower than the ones in Russia, but the english version isn't UK-only. People in European countries without localized version will most likely buy the English version too. So I don't really think that's a valid argument :s
the russian speaking market is getting more and more important, especially for RPGs but i doubt the english version won't hit the shelves before the russian one.
Well... There's two sides to a coin. English version MUST be released in September because of Risen in October (obviously), but then... Well, you know how successfull pirates works in Russia? :P If english version will be released first - they will made quick-translation (pretty bad and sucky) and release it. That dramatically will lower sales in Russia.

But yeah, you're right, that was juts mine opinion about which version will be released first.
I dunno about the English release now.
The French Release is September 10th.
They Even have a distributor for Spain,France and Italy.
What about us down here?
it's somewhat strange that they haven't announced an english publisher yet, since the english release of the game would propably attract a lot more people than an italian or french version. imo it would be best to release the international version via digital distribution and announce a release date asap, rather than keeping so many people in the dark.

some ppl might get frustrated over the long waiting, especially because there's no reason for holding it back that long, other than not wanting to release the game via DD.
Originally Posted by v1ctor
it's somewhat strange that they haven't announced an english publisher yet, since the english release of the game would propably attract a lot more people than an italian or french version. imo it would be best to release the international version via digital distribution and announce a release date asap, rather than keeping so many people in the dark.

some ppl might get frustrated over the long waiting, especially because there's no reason for holding it back that long, other than not wanting to release the game via DD.

In a perfect world you are right, but in a corporate world ruled by business deals you never know what kind of "demands" the publishers do on the developers companies. I firmly believe if larian could anounce something, they would have done it already...
if they really don't have an english publisher yet, why don't they simply release it through steam then?
Originally Posted by v1ctor
if they really don't have an english publisher yet, why don't they simply release it through steam then?

You dont know if they dont have one already.

They might have one contract with a publisher that states that they cant anounce its name prior to their preparations in marketing and advertisement.

Some Publishers have strict rules in negotiations, including digital distributions, you dont know what kind of deal larian made (or not)

There is no one in the world more interested in having the game out to the public as larian, if the game is not out yet in english, its because its not possible for some reason.
True.
We don't know If they do have a distributor.
In my own opinion they should go with Deep Silver.
They're doing a reasonable job with Risen.
The point seems to be that they might try to use the German market for fine-polishing the game for the international market.

At least it appears to me so, no matter of the intention.

Which is kind of sad in my opinion, because I'd like to have an international game rather, then, with patches already included. This happened even with Drakensang, which is a genuinely German game.
i'm honestly getting tired of waiting.if divinity 2 isn't as good-and unique-as divine divinity at the time it came out after all this then(sorry larian)i doubt im gonna remain a loyal larian fan anymore...
I'm a loyal fan since several years now, and I've learned to wait.

Although I don't act as much as a "loyal fan" should do, according to the cliché.
Originally Posted by grandia01
i'm honestly getting tired of waiting.if divinity 2 isn't as good-and unique-as divine divinity at the time it came out after all this then(sorry larian)i doubt im gonna remain a loyal larian fan anymore...

After such a long wait, you are probably going to be disappointed.
I don't quite understand this sentence ...
I don't quite understand this sentence ...

I didn't either.
Originally Posted by Silencer
Originally Posted by grandia01

After such a long wait, you are probably going to be disappointed.

Why??
What about us down here?

Distributor for France is "Koch media".
http://www.micromania.fr/vente/rayon.php?titrerecherche=divinity&mach=&x=0&y=0

They have offices in England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and the USA.

They should release the english version ?

I hope.
Originally Posted by Abilio
What about us down here?

I hope.

Ah ha! great find m8! But if koch media would also release it in the other countries, wouldnt they annouce it somewhere also? meaning that the editor must be other then them imho.

For example, in http://www.kochmedia.co.uk/?rid=498927779642749207677768 (UK site) they dont mention it anywhere... frown

While doing some research i found this :

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/PCwgqpqy77jvq/

It lists the game selling in the UK in a "TBC" date, but associated with CDV publisher?
I am French, and buy games at UK store is less expensive for me.

When i have seen that divinity 2 will be release next week, i have checked "the hut" and "play.com".

But, no Divinity frown

By the way, Micromania is quite serious for release date.

Originally Posted by Adomingues
Originally Posted by Abilio
What about us down here?

I hope.

Ah ha! great find m8! But if koch media would also release it in the other countries, wouldnt they annouce it somewhere also? meaning that the editor must be other then them imho.

For example, in http://www.kochmedia.co.uk/?rid=498927779642749207677768 (UK site) they dont mention it anywhere... frown

While doing some research i found this :

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/PCwgqpqy77jvq/

It lists the game selling in the UK in a "TBC" date, but associated with CDV publisher?

That Gameseek Page has been up for a long time.
I've also seen that Australia is doing Pre-orders!
If you search 'Divinity 2 Pre-order' into Google.co.uk or www.google.com.au it shows several Australian Sites.
Also PlayAsia have Divinity 2 havee it for Pre-order and states the release as October 16th where as some Australian sites State September 23rd or October 14TH.
October seems more likely.
I see! didnt know that, thanks.

What catched my eye was the "CDV" label attached.
My impatience. :C

Based on the description of the patch contents, though, I'd say it will definitely be worth the wait. Here's to hoping the wait won't be much longer.

Also hi everyone.
Hi im new to the forum

I am from Australia and have been folowing this game for some time now, and i just checked the EB Games website and noticed that Divinity 2 has been anounced for the xbox 360 and PC

Release Date

PC: 14/10/2009
Xbox 360: 23/09/2009

I was just wandering if this release date is true?

That release date sounds reasonable, but there have not been any official announcements yet.

Welcome to the forum. wave

That release date sounds reasonable, but there have not been any official announcements yet.

Surely hope not, october is already a busy time for me regarding RPGs wink

Originally Posted by Adomingues

Surely hope not, october is already a busy time for me regarding RPGs wink

Yes.
So is November -- with Dragon Age: Origins alone.

And other big games in November -- Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and especially Modern Warfare 2 -- I'd hate to drop a game against those powerhouses in November.
Sorry, I can't give a lot of information at the moment, I can tell you however that Australia will not release before Europe.
Ok Thanks.
Guess thats one down.

So its the Russia release coming before Europe?
Russian version will be first one of international "master"-versions of the game. That mean all work @ Divinity2 will be closed and Larian start working on new game.
Originally Posted by lynn
Sorry, I can't give a lot of information at the moment, I can tell you however that Australia will not release before Europe.

Can CDV? :P
© Larian Studios forums