Larian Studios
Posted By: Lotrotk Anthology - 09/10/12 11:58 AM
Congratulations on Divinity Anthology!

I got a question : is it possible to purchase the extra's (stickers, posters, soundtrack, DLC items..) without repurchasing the Divinity games once more?

Thanks!

ps Or persuade me to buy this anyway, use strong arguments!
Posted By: DrEnigma Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 12:15 PM
They will include a bug-free version of DD & BD ! wink
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 12:18 PM
Ok but surely every one on this forum has already bought some of these games right? For myself DKS retail and DD on gog. I don't want to buy them again.
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 12:23 PM
Divinity II Developer's Cut, my friend!

Check it out!
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 12:30 PM
I just found myself a set of earplugs (using a public terminal, no audio boxes of course) and watched the videos. Mr Namdar is a great mascotte by the way.
The Developer's cut is Divinity II + cheats, no Flames of Vengeance am I right?
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 12:42 PM
No no: it's ED + FoV (so basically DKS) + Developer Mode. Definitely the complete Divinity II package!
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 12:46 PM
Now we're talking!
I might just repurchase DKS and DD for €30, BUT since I'm sitting here in Ghent right know, and will be next week, I see no reason to pay €10 shipping costs. See for the other topic.
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 01:26 PM
A piece of text from the internet link Macbeth posted :

Developer Mode
Play the original version, or experience the game like the designers did and fool around with console commands to your heart’s content! Ever wanted to test some new skills on a hoard of a hundred goblins? Go for it! Ever wondered what it would be like to explore the game-world in the guise of a troll? Well there you go! Discover a whole range of spectacular developer commands and feel like a wizard at play!

Yeah, this can be very funny !!
But I suppose it's PC only, not console ...

On the other hand :
I can't say I've played Divinity II too much (just a few hundred of hours? biggrin ) that it become boring to play !
No no no ... it's really a Wonderful & very Fun to play game that can't leave my attention since first release in 2009 !! And I bought both versions (Ego Draconis - DKS) on release .

Only Dragon Commander and div Original Sin can let me stop playing DKS, no other game can go and stay in my mind !
It's as if I've such a special device like Dr Needleman on my head that say "NO" if another game (world) than the Divinity Universe try to take my attention !
:hihi:

Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 01:56 PM
The site is ded?
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 02:30 PM
Is the signed version from the Larian Vault identical to the Amazon version, or is the Amazon version lacking the Signings ?

Posted By: Arokh Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Divinity II Developer's Cut, my friend!

Check it out!

Are there any other improvements? Don't know if it's just my imagination but those screenshots look better than the original game. Also what about those areas that were cut from the original game; are they included?

I already own the original Divinity 2 and bought DKS as well so I could play the improved version plus add on. I recently bought Divine Divinity as well. For others though who have not got any of the previous games this is a great idea & I like the website.

But for me, I agree with Lotrotk here, I would need some more convincing to part with more cash for pretty much what I already have. It would be nice to be able to purchase the extras you get with the anthology as well.
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Arokh
Also what about those areas that were cut from the original game; are they included?

I'm interested in that, too. There were so many parts cut from Divinity 1 ...
Posted By: Merendrious Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 02:49 PM
If I order the digital version do I also get a PDF version of the Developer's Journal? Or is that only physical?
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 02:56 PM
Very excited to have the opportunity to fool around with the ED developers' console! smile Nice-looking set, I just hope I was in time for a signed one...
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 04:35 PM
I posted some details about the Anthology here

The digital versions will contain all the goodies that we can include digitally (including the journal and the documentary), but they will lack the unlockable items, posters, stickers. (Somebody correct me if I made a mistake here plz wink )

But the book really is cool wink

As far as cut parts - the developer mode is only active in Divinity 2 (i.e. DKS) but you will be able to get areas where you normally can't get. We didn't include levels that were fully cut however.
Posted By: Venix Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 04:42 PM
hmmm, the soundtracks that were never released and steam keys are convincing, not sure about the console though, tbh the game would be better without it, if i want to mess around with a console i'll do it on a game i dont really care about, like skyrim.

those steam keys really are convincing, because my friend wants divinty 2 DKS but he doesn't have the money, but then again, i don't have the money for the anthology right now :P but £25 for 3 games and LOAD of stuff, its a must buy imo.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
... We didn't include levels that were fully cut however.

Ah, I would've loved to explore the surroundings of Aleroth, though from what I understand, they were entirely unfinished. Or possibly even unstarted.
Posted By: vinaysshenoy Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 04:57 PM
I've been wanting to get these games for a while and this announcement just made me cave! I can't get the boxed version(I can't really get it in India.. ), but I preordered the digital version. Pretty happy now! thankyou

I have a question or two..

1. What improvements have been added to Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity? And has that annoying bug in Beyond Divinity(the one on Win7 x64 PCs with > 3 GB of RAM) been fixed?

2. Will we be able to turn off the developer console? I mean, it's a cool feature, but I'd rather I not have the temptation.. :P

3. Will the digital version come with the Steam keys that the Boxed version has? It'd be really amazing if it does! I'd have preferred to get it on Steam, but I want to support you guys completely.. laugh

4. When I opened the My Games page after purchasing the games, It doesn't show me anything.. Is this okay? The Anthology will appear there on the 16th, right?
Posted By: Darkgondul Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 05:00 PM
Damn when i see it, i've all the retail copy of the Divinity saga, but my 3th CD of the Divine Divinity is broken :\ and on e-bay i can only found some magazine attached copy and I don't trust too much on videogame on e-bay, so my question is, the Anthology will be in multilinguage?
My Divine Divinity isn't, but there's a good amatorial italian language translation for that, Beyond Divinity is in italian just like Divinity 2, can someone tell me more about it?
Paypal is waiting xD thank you in advance =)
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 05:09 PM
@vinaysshenoy

1. I'm pretty sure the Beyond Divinity bug is fixed, but I'll check once again - I think we already issued patches for that, didn't we ?

2. Yes, you can also play the original game. When you start up the game it asks you in which mode you want to play. Savegames are compatbile between versions.

3. We're trying to get all games on the vault to feature Steam keys. No promise yet as it's one of the things we're still working on (see my blog www.lar.net for more details wink )

4. Yes, it's a small bug. It should be fixed in a couple of hours.Don't worry, your purchase went through.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 05:11 PM
@Darkgondul: The Anthology comes in English, French, German, Polish and Russian. If you buy any version, you get access to the other languages for free.

Unfortunately Italian isn't part of it at this point.
Posted By: vinaysshenoy Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 05:19 PM
@Lar_q

1. I don't know about the Steam version, but I don't think the retail version was patched.

2. That's good... hehe

3. That's great news! Hopefully, it comes through.. *fingers crossed*

4. That's a relief.

Thanks for all the info!

Off topic: I noticed some usability and UX issues with the vault site. Is there any way I can get them over to your website team?

EDIT: I've been following your blog for a while(I think it was when you posted about wanting to make the Ultimate RPG). They are always fascinating reads.. hehe

Posted By: Darkgondul Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 05:25 PM
I saw it few minutes ago reading the Swen Vincke comment on Hatching the Anthology article, too bad, hope that will come a patch for that in the future, but I'll buy it right now anyway;
Thanks for the answer wink
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 05:36 PM
@vinaysshenoy: We're looking for as much feedback as possible on the vault so please if you feel like it, do send us as much as you can. You can send it to info@larian.com and mention it's for David - he'll be happy to receive feedback. Thx !
Posted By: virumor Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 06:24 PM
I guess I'll have to wait buying because I *might* be lucky and win a copy... oops
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by vinaysshenoy
4. When I opened the My Games page after purchasing the games, It doesn't show me anything.. Is this okay? The Anthology will appear there on the 16th, right?

If you bought the box version, it should appear under "shipped products".

If you bought digital version, you should now see some download items pop up (that are still "locked" till release date). Don't worry: the list of downloads of the Anthology will grow a bit still.
Posted By: pall Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 07:33 PM
I'm gonna buy it when i will have enough cash, probably next month.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by virumor
I guess I'll have to wait buying because I *might* be lucky and win a copy... oops

I looked at my profile optimistically and saw the unhelpful five-digit user ID. I also considered relying on my awesomeness quotient and decided I was safest ordering a copy instead. laugh
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 09:26 PM
Just to make sure : The signed version is exclusive to The Larian Vault ?
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 10:54 PM
Hmm, http://www.divinityanthology.com/ still offline? What was there before?
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 11:18 PM

It comes up for me now, and did before.
Posted By: Venix Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Darkgondul
y 3th CD of the Divine Divinity is broken :\ and on e-bay i can only found some magazine attached copy and I don't trust too much on videogame on e-bay

Divine divinty can be found on steam for £4
Posted By: Venix Re: Anthology - 09/10/12 11:52 PM
well im not suprised the site has been having issues, so many people buying the anthology, i wonder how larian will cope with dragon commander :hihi:
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 10/10/12 06:42 AM
I've already start thinking about buying a brand new computer at the time div Original Sin is coming on the market ... when I know the pc requirmments for that Divnity game I can buy one and it will be a laptop this time, but not sure if a laptop is the best thing to play a computergame ?

Thinking about this, I wonder if the Developer's Cut of DKS can be played on a laptop ?
If not a good idea to play such a RPG on a laptop ... I'm still very curious and wish to read all the 130 pages of the book that's in the Box of the Divnity Anthology !!! laugh

And I like the sticker "Dragons Inside" biggrin and all the rest I can't wait to get my hands on them (posters, artwork !! Yes yes !! )

And a big big thankyou to the whole Larian Team for all the hard & stresful time of making all those things the Team is working on & their plans hereafter !

claphands

Posted By: Macbeth Re: Anthology - 10/10/12 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Just to make sure : The signed version is exclusive to The Larian Vault ?

Yes indeed!
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 10/10/12 10:55 AM
http://www.gog.com/news/gog_pay_what_you_want_divinity_anthology
Posted By: Arokh Re: Anthology - 10/10/12 11:26 AM
That's a good idea & seems popular too; the games sold counter went up by 2 in the time it took me to read the description. If I were to buy though I'd go for the boxed version which I have to say is very reasonably priced. I expected it to cost around double what they are selling it for. Still thinking about this.

Make that 13 copies by the time it took me to write this post.
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 10/10/12 01:35 PM
Just within 3 hours it went from 13$ to 21$.
Kind of expensive to me, I think I'll borrow friend's goodies (OST, manual, making of videos, etc) since this is the only thing that interests me in that package.
Posted By: Darkgondul Re: Anthology - 10/10/12 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Venix

Divine divinty can be found on steam for £4

I've it already, but isn't the same think for a fan that collect every games in the original retail version wink
Think about it, I've three version of Gothic, two of Arcanum e so on lol (I know, I'm bit crazy for that laugh )
Posted By: Merendrious Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 08:40 AM
I ordered it yesterday (even the boxed version). I already have most games 1 or more times, but the extra's seem nice. Been ages since I ordered something physical, wondering how paper and cardboard looks these days.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Joram
Thinking about this, I wonder if the Developer's Cut of DKS can be played on a laptop ?

Out of similar curiosity, installing on a laptop with Intel Core i5 2450M, 6GB DDR3 and GeForce GT520M. I think it'll run and start up, but I'm not expecting amazing performance meh
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 02:16 PM
Okay, with that hardware, playing on medium settings, on 1366x768 resolution, goes pretty damn smooth.
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 02:29 PM
Thanks for the info ForkTong ... smile

Hope in the time div Original Sin is coming on the market you (of Larian Studios) let me (us) know on what kind of hardware (for a laptop) I (we) can play that Gem very smooth wink

The Developers Cut of DKS sounds great, but I believe "kit for making my own rpg in D:OS" is that also !! So I wait in full contemplation ... smile
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 02:36 PM
I'm hoping the above laptop can run DOS laugh

The toolset is a lot hungrier than the game though (performance wise), so that will be hard to get smooth on a laptop.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 03:13 PM
Is the Toolset anything like the TES Construction Set? I suppose I should really just be patient and wait a few more days to find out...
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 04:12 PM

The toolset in question is for Divinity Original Sin - Releasing the Toolset is a Good Idea.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 11/10/12 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Raze
The toolset in question is for Divinity Original Sin - Releasing the Toolset is a Good Idea.

Oh, I see. I agree it's a good idea, being able to mod things at will has long been one of the biggest attractions of the TES games. Although I've succeeded in fiddling about with the DKS meshes and textures, something more comprehensive would be most welcome. smile
Posted By: Demonic Re: Anthology - 12/10/12 02:17 AM
Tempting Larian...

I already have all of the games but those soundtracks...

I'll have to think this through.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 12/10/12 03:46 AM

Unless you want physical CDs (or the stickers, posters and DLC items for D:DC and D:OS that are only in the boxed version of the anthology), the soundtracks are included in GOG's bonus content. As Kein posted above, they have a pay what you want deal for DD, where if you beat the current average you get BD, and if you are in the top 10% (currently at $13) you get D2:DC (and the associated extras).
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 12/10/12 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by ForkTong
I'm hoping the above laptop can run DOS laugh

The toolset is a lot hungrier than the game though (performance wise), so that will be hard to get smooth on a laptop.

Akay, but at the time D:OS is coming on the market the last new laptop technology should be further improved, not ?

But if not and D:OS is a game you best play on a desktop pc, I wait for Divnity III and hope that game is coming on Xbox too wink
Again, I really can wait patiently & in full contemplation bow

However, I don't have to "sit & wait" ... DKS is still waiting for me to be played .. and yes, I do .. a lot ! biggrin

Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 12/10/12 09:46 PM
OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH

http://www.lar.net/2012/10/12/the-good-the-bad-and-the-unexpected/

What does this mean ? Well, it means that LMK, the game that started my RPG career (for real) is finally going to get an audience, after 15 years in the freezer. How cool is that ? Ok, it’s perhaps just a tech demo, but it was pretty advanced for its time. Remember, this is what this game looked like in 1998, at a time Diablo 2 wasn’t even out! It should unlock somewhere by tonight if my calculations are correct, once the tier lowering has been executed, and I’m really curious what the reactions are going to be.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 12/10/12 10:05 PM

Youtube: Larian Special Video 2: E3 2000 tech demo of LMK
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 13/10/12 11:19 AM
Hmm, there is no steam keys on GOG if you pay as "Top supporter" (above average price)? Haven't got any.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 13/10/12 01:58 PM

No, there isn't. The Steam keys for the anthology are just with the boxed version, though Larian is working on getting support for Steam keys with digital games sold through the Larian Vault.
Posted By: virumor Re: Anthology - 13/10/12 07:39 PM

Nice, but what is up with this "Patrick the Dragon"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GLydke5l1E
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 13/10/12 07:50 PM
Damn
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 13/10/12 07:51 PM

That was the video for the first milestone in the GOG promotion.

an exclusive look at the difficulties of a dragon's life as Patrick the Dragon goes to the Larian offices for a day.
Posted By: Demonic Re: Anthology - 13/10/12 10:27 PM
[Linked Image]

This looks so much like Divine Divinity.

Now I'm wishing they'd finish it and release it...
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 14/10/12 11:57 AM
I believe I've seen that Tech Demo of LMK on the "CeBit Home" then.
Little did I know about this game's fate, and I was at that time still rather a fan of Attic (because of the NLT) than of Larian.
I don't even remember to whom of the staff I had talked at the CeBit Home.

LMK is one of TDE's greatest secrets now (to put it somewhat exaggerated).

I do hope that Larian won't get any problems by the TDE video games license holder, Chromatrix.

Posted By: Mixxer5 Re: Anthology - 14/10/12 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Demonic
[Linked Image]

This looks so much like Divine Divinity.

Now I'm wishing they'd finish it and release it...

Wait... So that's NOT DD? Damn, I was sure that's some kind of Remake or something... Shame it isn't frown
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 14/10/12 09:52 PM
I really hope one day they release tech build. Swen said it is possible, but there is some technical complications.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 14/10/12 10:26 PM

He must have gotten it working; it was the second milestone for the GOG promotion, which has been reached. I'm not sure where the demo itself is, though...

Unlocked! (after 10.000)

the E3 2000 tech demo of LMK, an unfinished isometric RPG available here for the first time ever for everyone who participates!
What is this tech demo of LMK?

It’s an unfinished piece of an RPG that was never released. Since it wasn’t finished, we can’t really support it, although we’ve had good luck on Windows Vista and Windows 7. If you can’t get it to work, well, sorry. We’re also including a short video from the game as well, and we hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 15/10/12 08:03 AM

Amazon in the US imported some stock from the UK, and has the Divinity Anthology Collectors Edition listed at $45. It is also available from Amazon in Japan.

The the 'top supporter' price for the GOG PWYW promotion has dropped to under $12.50 for all 3 Divinity games. It seemed to be fairly stable today, but more people just getting DD for $0.01 may bring the price down further in the next couple days.
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 15/10/12 12:49 PM
For me this means that I have to hurry because seemingly The Larian Vault is almost sold out ? Bad, I was never keen of having to register myself with Paypal (and credit cards just aren't that common in Germany, still) ...

And if it is sold out ... Well, then I'd have to go to Amazon Germany, hoping that they will still have some units left ...

By the way, where and how do I initially register at The Larian Vault ?
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Anthology - 15/10/12 01:52 PM
At the moment you only register as soon as you buy something for the first time. We didn't see the need to register just like that, but apparently it's confusing so we'll add registering in the near future.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 15/10/12 03:03 PM

Larian would have likely ran out of their initial stock this weekend, but since a distributor never picked up their shipment from a warehouse, Larian has more: see The good, the bad and the unexpected.
Posted By: Morbo Re: Anthology - 15/10/12 07:32 PM
DD : cdrom, GOG witcher redeem code
BD : cdrom, GOG witcher redeem code
D:ED : DVD
D:DKS: larian vault
GOG: Antology

By god if in the future there is a platinum version...

I would buy it again smile
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 15/10/12 11:42 PM
Okay, I'll try that again.
Posted By: JDV72 Re: Anthology - 17/10/12 06:42 AM
Is anything from the "Music From The Divinity Universe" CD not found on "Musica Divina & Musica Obscura" included with the Anthology?
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 17/10/12 11:06 AM

The Divinity Universe music CD contains music from Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Musica Obscura is previously unreleased music, so if you add in D2:ED/FoV to the mix of music that can go into Musica Divina, there would have to be tracks from the Divinity Universe not repeated.

While there are some remixed tracks on the Divinity Universe CD, the majority of music is available from the composer's website (Kirill Pokrovsky), bonus content with the GOG versions of the games, etc, or can be copied/extracted from the game installs.
Not that you shouldn't still add the CD to your order, though. biggrin

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: Zerael Re: Anthology - 17/10/12 11:50 AM
Hello; not sure if this was asked before, but, does the anthology version of DKS have the spanish traduction? Thanks ^_^
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 17/10/12 11:53 AM

There is a Spanish localization for Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga.

Unfortunately, there are no plans to release a Spanish language pack for Divinity 2: Developer's Cut, due to issues obtaining the rights (the publisher that handled the localization would need to agree to any re-release or re-use of the translation).
Posted By: Zerael Re: Anthology - 17/10/12 12:03 PM
I see; thanks Raze. It's a shame, though. I've already had all the titles..., but I certainly could not buy a game in english in this particular situation. I understand the problem, though.

I wish Larian sells lots of copies of this anthology ^_^
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 17/10/12 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by JDV72
Is anything from the "Music From The Divinity Universe" CD not found on "Musica Divina & Musica Obscura" included with the Anthology?

Huh?
Apparently digital version on GoG misses these, so far I see only original tracks from D2 and FoV. Bonus, unreleased tracks limited to retail edition it seems.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 12:21 AM

GOG doesn't have the anthology (aside from the close-but-not-quite-the-same, almost-expired PWYW promotion) and the bonus content for D2:DC isn't identical.

I don't know about the Steam version of the anthology (not listed yet), but the digital version from the Larian Vault includes the Musica Divina and Musica Obscura CDs.
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 02:20 PM
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 02:23 PM
But it does, it said few times that the package they feature IS Anthology, just in digital format. There is all documents in PDFs and and original OST and Director's cut and such.

It is just unfair that only retail uses got Bonus OST. Seriously, Larian? We EA/Ubisoft now?
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
Ok but surely every one on this forum has already bought some of these games right? For myself DKS retail and DD on gog. I don't want to buy them again.

I really love these games, but unfortunately, I can't afford to buy any games at the moment, never mind three I already own (and have bought two of those twice). I've bought Divine Divinity in the box, Beyiond Divinity and Divine Divinity on GoG, Ego Draconis in the box, and Dragon Knight Saga on Steam. I think buying 2 games twice is enough for me. I'd rather save mt money for a new game.

I am interested in knowing what was cut out of Divine Divinity 1. I did a Let's Play (see my signature) where I added extra details to flesh out the world and explain things that were subtle and not explicitly mentioned in the actual game. Anyone know if the extras in the anthology talk much about Divine Divinity 1?
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 04:55 PM
I think it was Barnabus who did a long voyage through the unused div territories - one could not walk there, so he used the teleporter stone, threw it - and teleported to it.

There was The Source, I think at least 1 unused house, lots of unued environments in the Wastelands ... There were screenshots, but I don't know who has them nowadays, if they still exist.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 05:35 PM

Some of the screenshot links are broken, but: EASTEREGGS and RUNE manuscripts.
Posted By: Arokh Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 05:38 PM
Re: Making of divinity 2 video - shame the air to ground combat and jungle level were cut. I know Larian had their reasons for doing that but it looked awesome in the video. Saw the dragon flying through what looked like Broken Valley as well plus much, much more.

Great video though. I can see now how the game was originally planned but for various reasons was changed to the final product. Lots of cool ideas there which I hope will make it into the sequel. Especially when technology has come on further and Larian can make the game they really wanted to make in the first place. The secret project only known as 'the RPG to dwarf them all'? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink smile

Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 18/10/12 11:47 PM
What.

http://www.gog.com/divinity/
http://www.gog.com/en/divinity/

It is ended?
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 12:51 AM

Yes, it ended just over 24 hours ago. Unfortunately they took the page down immediately rather than leaving the description and final stats up.
Posted By: Merendrious Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 10:00 AM
I just got my package. It DOES smell good, just like advertised.
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 10:05 AM
Finally!
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Merendrious

I suppose with me being in England I'll have to be a bit more patient. I'm not very good at patience!
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Vometia
I suppose with me being in England I'll have to be a bit more patient. I'm not very good at patience!

I asked around and your package is in the mail by now!
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Macbeth
I asked around and your package is in the mail by now!

That's great news, thanks! smile
Posted By: Merendrious Re: Anthology - 19/10/12 01:53 PM
A few teaser pictures, bad quality though, dont have a good cam.

frontal view
sideview
summon demon spell
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 20/10/12 02:23 PM
Finished watching the "Making of" video - damn, so much content was removed. I can live without half-dragon form, but air-ground battle system was damn cool, not even mentioning gorgeous locations like outskirts of Aleroth of Swamps. I really hope the content is still stored somewhere at Larian's rep so it could be used in some anniversary edition or DLC (yeah, I'm ready to pay for DLC).
Posted By: Darkgondul Re: Anthology - 20/10/12 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kein
Finished watching the "Making of" video - damn, so much content was removed. I can live without half-dragon form, but air-ground battle system was damn cool, not even mentioning gorgeous locations like outskirts of Aleroth of Swamps. I really hope the content is still stored somewhere at Larian's rep so it could be used in some anniversary edition or DLC (yeah, I'm ready to pay for DLC).

I proved a little bit of fury when I saw that video even with the quite of Sven or the irony of Farhang..It's impossible that such good project died for the publisher whim, I can understand the unbalance problems with some feature, but not a total rape of the original project;
After all Divinity 2 was and is great, especially with the first final, and only now i understand some change/review from Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity, only now :\
Btw I'll pay for an extra DLC too, but there'll be Dragon Commander that give me some feature of the "Divinity 2 prototipe", so I don't think that it's all lost.

Originally Posted by Vometia

Be happy for that, I'm in italy and here not only the time separate me from the Anthology, but even the possibility of being robbed from the currier (last week I lost a Corel Painter X copy..)..but the hope it's last to die well
Posted By: Arokh Re: Anthology - 20/10/12 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Kein

Agreed. As I mentioned previously I hope these ideas have not gone to waste and will be used in the sequel. I'd be happy to pay for DLC as well.

Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 21/10/12 11:07 AM
Sad, I'm too short on money right now (board games/roleplaying/comic fair took a heavy toll), but I wanted to give me the Anthology as a birthday present for myself next month anyway ... I can't really wait until I'll have it ... wink
And meanwhile I'm looking for a new graphics card anyway ... (I'm using onboard graphics on my "gaming PC" right now.)

Some of the screenshot links are broken, but: EASTEREGGS and RUNE manuscripts.

Ah, those memories ... smile

DEATHATTHEDOOR has renamed himself at least once (don't remember his current name), the others are lost or scattered round ...

Posted By: Lurker Re: Anthology - 21/10/12 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
HandEFood is dead (died a few years ago)

HandEFood's last post is from 20/12/2011, not quite one year ago, so I suppose you've confused the names and you mean MeaCulpa, right?
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anthology - 21/10/12 08:03 PM
Erm, yes, I'm sorry.

Edited my post.
Posted By: Merendrious Re: Anthology - 22/10/12 09:27 AM
The Developer's Journal is a gem by the way. Reads like a shakespearian drama, with lots of ups and downs.
Posted By: Darkgondul Re: Anthology - 22/10/12 01:12 PM
The Developer's Journal is a gem by the way. Reads like a shakespearian drama, with lots of ups and downs.

True, I was reading just a few minutes ago (it arrived today :P), as for me the developer's journal is the real content of the edition and it worth the all cost of the Anthology.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 24/10/12 08:52 PM
Mine just turned up today, having been only slightly gnawed by the postman. It's wonderful having all those autographs! It also has a rather annoyed-looking rabbit, in spite of me taking care not to be horrid to them... eek!
Posted By: tehasut Re: Anthology - 26/10/12 11:18 PM
Hi guys!

I bought the boxed version of Divinity Anthology, and it's great (and the smells good too), but there's a small problem. Some of the tracks on the soundtrack cds, are faster than the original ones.
For example: Festival of Immortals.

I activated the Steam version of the Anthology with the voucher, and the songs (oggs) of the extras section are faster too.
Is it a feature or a glitch? hehe
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 27/10/12 03:14 AM

I would assume it is deliberate, if the CD and download are the same. I checked 'Festival of Immortals' from the Larian Vault CD download (2:56 ogg file) and the GOG soundtrack (3:17 mp3). The faster songs are probably just remixes of the originals; WMP says the full Musica Divina CD is 56:52, so they didn't have to speed anything up to fit it all on the CD, anyway.

Posted By: tehasut Re: Anthology - 27/10/12 07:46 AM
The faster songs are probably just remixes of the originals;

If the faster songs are just remixes, then the cheapest ones, I've ever seen in my life.
grin
The flawed/remixed version of 'Festival of Immortals' hurts my ears.

Thanks laugh
Posted By: vinaysshenoy Re: Anthology - 27/10/12 01:49 PM

3. We're trying to get all games on the vault to feature Steam keys. No promise yet as it's one of the things we're still working on (see my blog www.lar.net for more details wink )

Is there any news about this? Is it still being worked out? Or is it not happening?
Posted By: tehasut Re: Anthology - 29/10/12 09:36 AM
OK, I wrote an e-mail to the developers about the soundtrack issue, and I got the answer:

"Kirill Pokrovsky remastered those songs especially for this Anthology."

I'm calm now. hahaha
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 29/10/12 10:20 AM
Oh yeah, just picked something at random, Majesty of the Fjords, and it does sound rather different; not just faster (I think) but a rather different arrangement altogether. I think I preferred the original, but that might simply be because that's what I was expecting!

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot, I have the original handy thanks to Kirill's downloadable soundtrack, so I can listen to them back-to-back. They really are pretty different. It's a shame the downloadable ones are in mp3 format since it tends to sound a little muddy...
Posted By: Drym' Re: Anthology - 29/10/12 10:20 PM
[Linked Image]
And the Anthology is now officially released on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17798/ claphands (I've got mine with the wonderful box eheh!)

Congratulations!
[And I saw that everyone who owns Divinity II, got a free version of Developer's Cut! jawdrop this honesty on your part should be highlighted!!]

...the only funny fact: if you take the Anthology, it costs 29,99 € but if you pick the three games individually, so... it's more interesting think 29,97 € ! (Ok, it's just for 0,02€ :p )
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by Drym
[And I saw that everyone who owns Divinity II, got a free version of Developer's Cut! jawdrop this honesty on your part should be highlighted!!]

Where do you read that ?
I don't think I can get a free version of the Developer's Cut(??) owning Divinity II twice (version 1, Ego Draconis + version DKS, both on Xbox360)
think

Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 07:25 AM

Steam added D2:DC to the game library of anyone who bought DKS from them.
Larian also said they were working on a patch to add the Developer Mode to DKS (PC version).
Posted By: Arokh Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 11:37 AM
Got my free copy on Steam. Now I have got an excuse to play it again!

BTW I noticed that the original Divinity 2:ED and DKS are both 29.99 whilst Developer's cut is 12.99.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 11:47 AM

Steam added D2:DC to the game library of anyone who bought DKS from them.
Larian also said they were working on a patch to add the Developer Mode to DKS (PC version).

I don't mind paying for the Anthology version (I mean other than having the other games included there!), considering that my DKS installation was already using their patch to upgrade the already patched ED+FoV, I think I might've been pushing my luck with yet another patch to update everything to the Developers' Cut! (Edit: or is it the Director's Cut? I forget now.)
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 01:19 PM

It is Divinity 2: Developer's Cut... but I've caught myself typing Director's Cut a couple times (a lot more movies have 'cut' versions than games).

Anyone who bought FoV or DKS from the Vault should already have D2:DC added to their games list.

Email Larian (support@larian.com) with the SecuROM key for the PC retail version of D2:ED or DKS to get a voucher for D2:DC from the Larian Vault.
Posted By: Drym' Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 02:20 PM
Where do you read that ?
I don't think I can get a free version of the Developer's Cut(??) owning Divinity II twice (version 1, Ego Draconis + version DKS, both on Xbox360)
think

I read some users discussions on the hub of Divinity 2: Developer's Cut
http://steamcommunity.com/app/219780
Here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/219780/discussions/0/882964117980561907/
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 02:47 PM
The guys from Larian Studios have luck that my pc can't handle DKS (nor D2: Developer's Cut) ... otherwise I start to become very angry ... evil

But all in all I've a feeling of discrimination ... bought Divinity II DKS on Xbox, but NO Developer Cut for Xbox players ! sad

I hope Divinity III will come on Xbox too .... for me it plays way more relaxed on an Xbox, can fast start up or shut down the console without all the annoying install problems, updates of anti-virus software, etc ! Brrrr ... it all gives me sometimes ... and I wish to give my pc a "brush off" ... grin
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 03:50 PM
That is what PC gamers say when game being released exclusively on consoles.
Posted By: Drym' Re: Anthology - 30/10/12 05:40 PM
The guys from Larian Studios have luck that my pc can't handle DKS (nor D2: Developer's Cut) ... otherwise I start to become very angry ... evil

But all in all I've a feeling of discrimination ... bought Divinity II DKS on Xbox, but NO Developer Cut for Xbox players ! sad

Your PC can't handle DKS seriously? Arf bad luck... yet this game is "old", a low-end PC could run it now, I think (recommended: Windows XP/Vista, dualcore CPU 2,6 GHz, 2Gb Memory, video card GeForce 8800/Radeon HD 3800, 9Gb HD space).

According to the last interview, they're working on PC version first (it's not a bad idea, it's like CDProjekt) :

Ego Draconis was released for the PC, Cloud as well as on Xbox 360. But till date, only the PC version of Divinity: Original Sin have been announced. Is there a specific reason to this? Do you guys have plans to bring the franchise to Xbox 360/PS3?

We are now first working on the PC version. When we did Ego Draconis, we were working on PC and XBOX360 simultaneously, and in hindsight, catering for the XBOX hardware and sometimes even XBOX audience had an impact on the PC version. Sometimes it made the game better, but from a technical and technological point of view, the PC version of Ego Draconis could have been much better. We resolved those issues on PC with patches, and with our latest, ultimate version, Divinity 2: Developer’s Cut.

[ http://gamingbolt.com/divinity-orig...-spells-and-tons-of-new-details-revealed ]

So, you should build your PC! :p like Larian does! (I saw Antec enclosures in a video eheh).
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 31/10/12 06:55 AM
No, on this moment not necessary to build up my pc (I've no dual core, so you can imagine how "old" my pc already is !) Plus I haven't the money to do so and on this moment I've many costs on the appartment building frown ... plus I'm planning to spare money for a new kitchen !

I'm happy I can play relaxed DKS on my Xbox and it plays smooth and is so handy I can play DKS just for 1/2 hour if I wish, put on the box and a minute later I'm almost start to play DKS ...
And IF I ever played DKS "grey" ... ever ? ..then I've still Skyrim and other rpg's lying around to play ... so no need for more games on the moment ! For pc I've DD & BD to play.

For Divnity: Original Sin I do not have a wish this game is coming on console ... I believe, with the game editor in mind, D:OS is a game best played on pc !
And I've time enough to buy D:OS .. once upon a time in the future ... I'm sure gamers are playing D:OS at least till the year 2222 wink

I was kidding about "I want Developer's Cut" and so on ...
But that book included in the Anthology ... :hihi:
Posted By: vinaysshenoy Re: Anthology - 31/10/12 03:24 PM
It was mentioned earlier that Larian is working on getting Steam keys for games sold via the Vault. Is there any news about this?
Posted By: LewsTherinKinslayer13 Re: Anthology - 03/11/12 02:23 PM
While this Anthology looks awesome and I'm extremely tempted to buy it, in the hopes that some day I'll have time for video games again and can catch up, I think I still prefer my 1.29 edition. Multiple runes make me tremendously happy.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 07/11/12 11:06 AM

Hey LewsTherinKinslayer13 wave

For anyone in North America who pre-ordered the retail anthology from the Larian Vault, I got mine on Monday (so pretty much 2 weeks shipping time, including weekends). If you have not gotten yours yet, it shouldn't be too much longer.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Anthology - 07/11/12 04:48 PM
Can anyone tell me if signed copies are still available? I really want one.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology - 07/11/12 05:54 PM

There are still retail versions of the anthology available from the Vault. I would imagine when they were doing the assembly line signings for all the pre-orders (see the pictures on their facebook page), they would have kept going until they had a bunch of extra copies signed, rather than have to get everyone to sign each time there was a new order (it wasn't announced as a pre-order only deal, anyway).
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Anthology - 11/11/12 12:40 AM
Wow Larian, you are seriously the best.

I mean, a while ago I saw that I now had the Developers Cut in my Steam Games list and I installed it, but I didn't get around to playing it until today, and I discovered that it also came with the treasure vault - the Developers Journal, the extra art PDF's and the bonus soundtracks in .ogg form.

That was incredibly awesome of you to give that away to those who already owned DKS.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Anthology - 13/11/12 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Libertarian
Can anyone tell me if signed copies are still available? I really want one.

We have exactly 83 boxes left wink
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 14/11/12 09:21 AM

We have exactly 83 boxes left wink

And now at least minus one signed Anthology Box !
That gives : 82 boxes left (or less) !

I place my order today smile
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology - 23/11/12 09:17 AM

You're absolutely right ! smile
The day the package arrived and I got my "eyes" on the Developer's Journal ... O my ... I read (and look at all the awesome pictures) it from start to end in one day ! grin

And the 2 music cd's are also absolutely great !
I can't stop 'repeat' that song again and again, that song you hear when you walk in the Wastelands(DD) (track 3 on Misic Obscura I believe) ... really love the rhythm & melody in that song !!

thankyou for the Anthology !

Posted By: Dwagginz Re: Anthology - 15/12/12 10:27 AM
I got mine for my birthday on Thursday (and one of the signed ones, too!). Had a little poke at Divine and Div 2: DC, but I really wanted it for the soundtracks.

However, upon listening to them, it seems like a lot of tracks still haven't been included. I particularly like the Lanilor Lane tunes from DKS/FoV, and unless I've overlooked them, they're not included. In fact, I think we're still missing the FoV soundtrack in general. I'm also a little confused as to what constitutes "unreleased" or "rare", because I've had some tracks from Obscura for years thanks to Kirill's own site (where he hosts the Beyond Divinity, Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 soundtracks). Heck, even the digital soundtrack available in the vault is just the one on Kirill's site (for free) with fewer tracks.

I'm not particularly upset or anything, I just wondered why DKS/FoV was overlooked when the soundtracks were put together, or if we will get a separate release of those 'missing' tracks.

But the collection is, otherwise, great. It's sat on my shelf with pride between my copies of Drakensang: The River of Time and The Witcher.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Anthology - 15/12/12 05:38 PM
There are a almost 100 music tracks in Divinity 2 alone. There's and only 40 in the soundtrack package, a bunch of which are from Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity. The soundtracks are remastered versions of the game tracks, and I can definitely tell the difference.
Posted By: Dwagginz Re: Anthology - 15/12/12 06:19 PM
I know they're "remastered" (it's the same for most game soundtracks, they're usually different to facilitate listening), but what I'm saying is that the Obscura tracks (or at least some of them) have been easily available on Kirill's site for a long while now.

And that site doesn't look entirely legal to me. I would like a legal way to acquire the music (or a selection of it) from Flames of Vengeance.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Anthology - 15/12/12 08:48 PM
Not entirely legal? Well the guideline on the other forum I'm a member of is if the soundtrack is not reasonably available for purchase, it's okay. In the case of Kirill Pokrovsky's music, he lets people download it for free from his site, so on balance, I'd say it's probably fine. But whatever, link removed anyway.

If you want more tracks released, e-mail Larian or Mr. Pokrovsky yourself and ask.
Posted By: Dwagginz Re: Anthology - 15/12/12 11:05 PM
Or bring it up on the official Larian forums *polite cough*
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Anthology - 15/12/12 11:45 PM
Unless there's a reply, there's no guarantee anyone in charge will even see it. Use e-mail.
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: Anthology - 16/12/12 08:59 AM
It was mentioned in one of Swen's blog entries before you know. He didn't seem to bother Kirill publishing his tracks for free then.
© Larian Studios forums