Larian Studios
Posted By: born2beagator Well Done Larian. - 13/04/11 03:07 AM
I have only been playing DKS for about 10 minutes and the graphics are vastly improved. The HUD is much easier to look at as well. not to mention the soundtrack is awesome.
Posted By: agustusx Re: Well Done Larian. - 13/04/11 01:16 PM
i played till 10 after midnight last night and only barely got past the demo area content. I was really trying to be a completist in the early area. However I still have a few locked chests and areas to get into, and 2 unused keys so I'll have to figure that out another time.

The time I spend in the demo was well spent as my first real character has much better stats and items than the first few.
Posted By: gyrocx Re: Well Done Larian. - 13/04/11 03:45 PM
I started playing around 5pm and stopped at about 7pm to eat. After I went back to play and didn't stop until 3:30am. lol I'm already at Maxos Temple. But I need to get out and level up some and get some more potions before the fight.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Well Done Larian. - 13/04/11 05:22 PM
In total agreement. The shiny armor, more detailed environment textures, better lighting, etc.

DKS is the bee's knees.
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: Well Done Larian. - 13/04/11 05:30 PM
It's not like breasts n' beer for me yet, but it is starting to grow a bit.
Posted By: iBON3S Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 12:29 AM
well to be fair, nothing is like breasts n' beer! lol
Posted By: born2beagator Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 12:46 AM
One thing I don't see is the jumpy graphics. and I have noticed different items, I know there are different items every time, but I have found 3 pieces of 3 different sets before I even got to talana.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by iBON3S
well to be fair, nothing is like butts n' beer! lol

Now I agree. wink
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Libertarian

Now I agree. wink

There seems to be an intentional typo in your quote, although I can see how that could evolve into the three Bs from the double Ds...
Posted By: iBON3S Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by born2beagator
One thing I don't see is the jumpy graphics. and I have noticed different items, I know there are different items every time, but I have found 3 pieces of 3 different sets before I even got to talana.

yeah I noticed that too! I want the blood echelon set!
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO
Originally Posted by Libertarian

Now I agree. wink

There seems to be an intentional typo in your quote, although I can see how that could evolve into the three Bs from the double Ds...

LOL!
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 07:54 PM
The wait is over! I was able to land a copy locally so I will find a new owner for the preorder that is set to arive next week. Amazingly the issues I had with camera and character movement in the demo are not a problem with the full game. I can only think it was just a glitch...

The camera automatically backs off the character when I am close enough and start combat. Also, the character will engage the flanking enemy automatically as long as there is no lock engaged on another one!

It's breast, butts and beer for me now..!!
Posted By: agustusx Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 08:47 PM
Welcome to the club again bro!
Posted By: Raze Re: Well Done Larian. - 14/04/11 09:01 PM

Glad to hear the full game doesn't have those issues, though they were not a huge deal for me.
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: Well Done Larian. - 21/04/11 02:02 PM
I was a bit down at the start, but I've made a full 360. The game doesn't just look better, but for the most part IS better. I just wanted to say thanks, for making it one of my favorite games of all time once again.
Posted By: iBON3S Re: Well Done Larian. - 22/04/11 09:59 PM
Blood echelon armor is awesome! Im having a difficult time deciding what armor im going to use next! Because if I lose my blood set my attack drops by 14 melee points...o well, I can just use plus 100 melee on both of my blades that have a higher attack rating.
Posted By: fo0fight3r Re: Well Done Larian. - 22/04/11 10:31 PM
net het spel beƫindigd, awel larian, topniveau voor een fervent rpg-er als mij, zeer goed gedaan !!!!
absoluut klasse !!!!

just ended the game, congratz larian, realy a top game for a rpg-fanatic as me, well done !!! , wordclass !!!!
© Larian Studios forums