Larian Studios
Posted By: Anonymous Announcing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - 15/05/15 09:01 AM
Hello Everyone!

Today we are very excited to announce Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC, Mac, SteamOS and Linux. This isn't just some patch or minor content update to the game you all know and (hopefully) love; it's a whole new experience! With controller support, local co-op with split screen, fully voiced characters, a totally reworked story (with a brand new ending), and much more, we're very proud to finally be able to share what we've crafted here at Larian.

In the update video below, Swen reveals a little more about the fantastic new features you can look forward to in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

Kickstarter Update

We've also included controller support on PC, so now you can kick back and explore Rivellon from the comfort of your sofa with Steam's Big Picture. We've put a lot of effort into streamlining the experience and have designed a slick, new UI that makes playing with a controller just as intuitive and fun as playing with mouse and keyboard.

As well as local co-op, split screen and controller support, the Enhanced Edition also features:

• All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
  • New quests, new characters, and new content
  • A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
  • Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
  • And much more to be announced in the coming months!

A Gift For Our Fans

In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin. This is a reflection of our immense gratitude to all of you. We deeply appreciate your support, and the feedback we received from you helped us create and polish this game into something that we're extremely proud of.

A Whole New Game

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is a completely separate game: not an update to Divinity: Original Sin. Both games will remain available on PC and Mac, and it is important to note that they are totally different entities, so if you've already bought Original Sin you'll see separate listings for Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library. This means that saved games can't be transferred from Divinity: Original Sin to the Enhanced Edition. This is largely because of the technical changes we've made to how the game looks and feels, but the story has also been rewritten so heavily that most saved games would no longer be compatible with the plot. (After all, it wouldn't make sense to load a game in which you're halfway through a quest line that's been replaced with something different.)

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

When Can We Play?

As Swen says: "When? When it's ready!" We are committed to giving you the best possible experience and we will not compromise on quality, so it's going to take as long as it'll take. But watch this space, the release date is coming soon!

Are You Ready For E3?

We are! At E3 we'll be sharing much more about Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition's features and gameplay, including the much-anticipated new modes of play.

More background?

Then check out Swenç—´ blog. He talks about how we came to make the Enhanced Edition and why itç—´ such an important part of our future plans. In the mean time, if you want more about what we're up to, check out our forums, and follow us on

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

Stay tuned for more info!!!

Your humble servant - Gwythyr!
Most important question for people who like physical objects (like me):

Will there be a physical retail version of the enhanced edition (in addition to the original retail version) in Europe, or will the enhanced edition be available only as a digital download?
Great news! Can't wait to play on Xbox. Nice move! I always had hope for this!! Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Announcing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - 15/05/15 11:20 AM
@Guido99 - We will have physical copies of EE for consoles that is confirmed and is happening. As for physical copy for PC - I need to confirm it.
Originally Posted by Gwythyr
@Guido99 - We will have physical copies of EE for consoles that is confirmed and is happening. As for physical copy for PC - I need to confirm it.

Thanks for checking that out, I forgot to mention that I was asking for the PC version. And will the PC retail version, if it comes, include a printed manual?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Announcing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - 15/05/15 12:10 PM
I would say so but please take note this is not confirmed yet.
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is a completely separate game: not an update to Divinity: Original Sin. Both games will remain available on PC and Mac, and it is important to note that they are totally different entities, so if you've already bought Original Sin you'll see separate listings for Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library.

Exactly how different are we talking? I bought D:OS but have been too busy to be able to play through anything but the first hour or so. Is it worth my time to play the original, THEN the enhanced edition... or should I just wait and play the enhanced edition for my first full playthrough?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Announcing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - 15/05/15 01:06 PM
Maybe this interview will help to shed more light on it - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/15/interview-divinity-original-sin-enhanced-edition/
Can I hope for russian localization on the ps4? Pls ^-^/

I would think any official localizations for D:OS would be updated for the Enhanced Edition and available with the console versions.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Announcing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - 15/05/15 02:24 PM
@redmad This is the plan - we will release full list of languages as soon as it will be set in stone.
What about my Talking Underpants (Zandalor's Trunks)? Not sure if I can live without my Talking Underpants! Will those be included in the Enhanced Edition or will it have to be re-bought as Source Hunter DLC again?
Will the day night cycle and weather system be in the enhanced edition?
as well as the phases of the moon and such affecting schools of magic
because i think that there is nothing you could do to improve the experience than that! that would be truly amazing...please say you did it =3

A Gift For Our Fans

In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin.

Does this mean if I buy the Original now for PC, I will get the Enhanced Edition for free for only PC? Will I have to completely buy the game again for a console?
Originally Posted by Trep

A Gift For Our Fans

In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin.

Does this mean if I buy the Original now for PC, I will get the Enhanced Edition for free for only PC? Will I have to completely buy the game again for a console?

According to the Kickstarter, you get what you have. If you buy it on PC, you get the Enhanced PC only.
Haha, what? So not only is it being turned into a multi-platform title (the bane of all good gameplay on PC:s since forever) but it requires a DirectX 11 card?

**** off five ways 'til Sunday. That's all I really can say to that. Been waiting for this update since forever, and all it does is screw us over? ****. You.
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Haha, what? So not only is it being turned into a multi-platform title (the bane of all good gameplay on PC:s since forever) but it requires a DirectX 11 card?

**** off five ways 'til Sunday. That's all I really can say to that. Been waiting for this update since forever, and all it does is screw us over? ****. You.

DirectX 11 has been around since 2009, my computer which is 5 years old has a crappy card and it is DirectX 11. As long as you have later Vista build/7 or newer you probably have a DX11 card!
Originally Posted by Dalek

DirectX 11 has been around since 2009, my computer which is 5 years old has a crappy card and it is DirectX 11. As long as you have later Vista build/7 or newer you probably have a DX11 card!

Why would you say that as if I don't know what hardware I have? What? o_o

And why would the operating system have anything to do with what GFX you're using? Are you high, or just computer illiterate?
[quote=Dalek][quote=Luckmann]...And why would the operating system have anything to do with what GFX you're using? Are you high, or just computer illiterate?

Because it also required a 64-bit system and I can only assume he guessed if you didn't have a recent graphics card that you also didn't use 64 bit.
Will any of this changes make their way to the original game? My brother and I are about 100 hours in and would like some of the changes and balance fixes in the original.
Originally Posted by Deathfromace
[quote=Dalek][quote=Luckmann]...And why would the operating system have anything to do with what GFX you're using? Are you high, or just computer illiterate?

Because it also required a 64-bit system and I can only assume he guessed if you didn't have a recent graphics card that you also didn't use 64 bit.

That's a hell of an assumption, though. Virtually anyone can have a 64-bit system, unless their computer is a sub-2GB RAM brick, in which case they won't be playing modern games on it anyway. That's a pretty big difference from specific hardware requirements such as a DirectX 11 card.
That's exactly why! Luckmann complained about requiring DirectX 11, not about requiring a 64-bit system. Therefore it was easily presumed that Luckmann had a 64-bit system. If Luckmann has a 64 bit system odds are it is Windows 7 or newer era, with a chance at Vista, because 64 bit was far less common in households in the XP era. Therefore I made the jump that odds are Luckmann also has a card that was made within that period and it far more likely than not to be DX11.

Regardless, sorry for offending.
Originally Posted by Deathfromace
Will any of this changes make their way to the original game?

No, and saves are not compatible (too many changes and additions to quests, skills and abilities, etc).
Originally Posted by Dalek
What about my Talking Underpants (Zandalor's Trunks)? Not sure if I can live without my Talking Underpants! Will those be included in the Enhanced Edition or will it have to be re-bought as Source Hunter DLC again?

I would also like to know this.

It should be included, if you have it in D:OS.
Just wanted to let you guys know I ain't dead yet. To congratulate the team. And to ask, will that enhanced edition be released with gog galaxy multiplayer functionality?
Nice to hear, thanks!

The Enhanced Edition for GOG should include Galaxy support; that was mentioned in one of the Kickstarter updates after Galaxy was first announced, so unless something changed since then, it should be in. GOG even initially wanted to delay selling D:OS until the launch of Galaxy (when the ETA was expected to be a couple months).
This will have retail release or only digital?
So they mention controller support and local co-op, and then in a separate section specifically note that controller support is coming to the PC version. I just want to make absolutely sure -- is split screen (not LAN) coming to the PC version as well?
I have two monitors in my PC. (27" and 19")
Could I use split screen feature so each player uses one monitor?
Is there some beta for veterans, to test new skills balance and AP pricing?
(last version was good until 9th level, later on everything went wild)

Thx
Pity. I really hoped for some update on the original. And I'm rather concerned about these news, since the AAA road of multiplatform usually leads to mediocrity and catering to too many audiences at once. Voice acting costs a ton of money and usually reduces dialogue options accordingly.

Well, let's wait and see. I just hope, this doesn't go on the same downhill race as the Dragon Age franchise did.

A PC game being ported FROM PC TO CONSOLES does not, repeat NOT magically convert the PC version to garbage. You are not going to catch reverse-port-cooties.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
[quote=Luckmann]Haha, what? So not only is it being

A PC game being ported FROM PC TO CONSOLES does not, repeat NOT magically convert the PC version to garbage. You are not going to catch reverse-port-cooties.

Depends. Full Controller support may sound nice on the outside, but given that the controller offers less options than mouse and keyboard, it usually means just that. Less options for the UI as well as gameplay in general.

And according to the announcement it's no given that it is developed with the PC as the primary medium in mind.

Some things may not be as easy to do with a controller, but that doesn't mean features are going to be hacked out of the existing PC version so it would match a simplified console version; it means features need to be added for the controller, or extra UI elements or menus, to make it work.
Originally Posted by Raze

Some things may not be as easy to do with a controller, but that doesn't mean features are going to be hacked out of the existing PC version so it would match a simplified console version; it means features need to be added for the controller, or extra UI elements or menus, to make it work.

Other companies use a nice euphemism for that: Streamlining.

Gods, I really hope I'm wrong. But given the downhill race so many good game companies have taken with the multiplatform and voice acting hype, I'm not really excited to hear these news.

The Enhanced Edition for GOG should include Galaxy support; that was mentioned in one of the Kickstarter updates after Galaxy was first announced, so unless something changed since then, it should be in. GOG even initially wanted to delay selling D:OS until the launch of Galaxy (when the ETA was expected to be a couple months).

That's funny, I was not even aware of that fact. And with the galaxy client being only in beta at the release Witcher 3, it appears we will still have to wait a little while.
Originally Posted by cossayos
Other companies use a nice euphemism for that: Streamlining.

Adding something for the controller doesn't make it mandatory for the keyboard and mouse, unless you specifically choose to develop for the lowest common denominator (make the game fit the controller, rather than vise versa). Since the game already exists on PC with PC functionality, and the next games are using the same engine, I don't see any need to be overly pessimistic at this point.

Adding something for the controller doesn't make it mandatory for the keyboard and mouse, unless you specifically choose to develop for the lowest common denominator (make the game fit the controller, rather than vise versa). [/quote]

Yeah, but that's pretty much what you have to do in order to make it work for the controller. The lowest common denominator. Unless there are two different UIs, one for the limited controller options and one for the PC.

The other factor is voice acting. Do you really expect the same richness in dialogue options and story if every line has to be voiced? Everything the PCs and NPCs have to say?

There are 2 different UIs, and if you are using a controller on PC you can switch back and forth between controller and keyboard+mouse.

Yeah, but that's pretty much what you have to do in order to make it work for the controller. The lowest common denominator. Unless there are two different UIs, one for the limited controller options and one for the PC.

Amazingly, it is actually possible to have two different UI's in the year of our lord 2015. Other games, actually existing today can, in fact, let you switch between a controller and mouse + keyboard. It's not a brand new thing no other game has ever done before.

The other factor is voice acting. Do you really expect the same richness in dialogue options and story if every line has to be voiced? Everything the PCs and NPCs have to say?

In this particular case of the EE, then yes, I do expect the same richness. This is because Larian, knowing how much dialogue is in their game, having the dialogue already written, and knowing what they were willing to spend on voice-acting, presumably did the math and came up with the conclusion that they could indeed afford to add VA. If they did not have the money, they wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Now, whether the VA issue will influence the amount of dialogue in their future games is indeed a thing they should be paying attention to.
OK now that we got the real silly controller support whining out of the way (for the life of me I'll never be able to understand people who actively want it gone), can anyone confirm that local split screen is coming to PC as well? I ask because the paragraph that says controller support and local split screen is separate from another paragraph which says that controller support is "also coming to the PC version" or something along those lines. I'd just like confirmation because that would most definitely make me buy it.
Originally Posted by ninnyjams
[...] (for the life of me I'll never be able to understand people who actively want it gone) [...]

Really? No-one has taken the time to explain the fundamentals of the issue for you?

It's essentially comes down to the fact that in order to accomodate a controller, you have to dumb down the controls of a game to work with the limited input of controllers, thus cheapening gameplay and options.

It's not rocket science. Limiting a PC game because of controllers is no different than limiting any other part of a game because of consoles.

Yes it does. We've yet to see a single game that hasn't suffered when subjected to multiplatformization.

But it's not magical, though. It's due to inherent limitations of the format in question, and the resulting compromises.

Any game that can be played primarily with a mouse can be played with a controller, as long as reaction time isn't critical (especially in a PvP game, an extra step to do anything on a console compared to a PC would be a disadvantage).

The only reason a PC game would be limited is due to hardware constraints (not currently an issue; it did effect DKS, when a lot of the animals had to be removed for performance reasons, etc) or if the developer was either unwilling to create 2 separate UIs geared to the respective platform or wanted a 'uniform experience', or something.
[...] (for the life of me I'll never be able to understand people who actively want it gone) [...]

Really? No-one has taken the time to explain the fundamentals of the issue for you?

It's essentially comes down to the fact that in order to accomodate a controller, you have to dumb down the controls of a game to work with the limited input of controllers, thus cheapening gameplay and options.

It's not rocket science. Limiting a PC game because of controllers is no different than limiting any other part of a game because of consoles.

Yes it does. We've yet to see a single game that hasn't suffered when subjected to multiplatformization.

But it's not magical, though. It's due to inherent limitations of the format in question, and the resulting compromises.
You're so oppressed as a mouse and keyboard user. I think you'll be fine.
can anyone confirm that local split screen is coming to PC as well?

Yes, it is.
I'm so excited. I just hope they will give us a realistic ETA. And don't push it back a few times like with D:OS.

does no one care about the day and night cycle? or has that topic been hashed out in another section of the forum you can't be bothered to talk about it anymore =[

Any game that can be played primarily with a mouse can be played with a controller, as long as reaction time isn't critical (especially in a PvP game, an extra step to do anything on a console compared to a PC would be a disadvantage).

Sure, but the possibility to tag on controller ability isn't what's up for debate. It's the often observed "streamlining" that comes with the multiplatform appraoch and voice acting.

Anyone who worked with professional voiceover productions can tell what lenghty and cost extensive process it is. The chances of voicing the same amount of text and options as in the original game are rather slim, unless the production has money and time to burn. Also, all it does, is adding polish, to promote the shiny factor, which seems so all important these days. Shiny comes before content and that's exactly one of the reasons, why I don't buy so called AAA titles anymore.

Originally Posted by DvGoetz
does no one care about the day and night cycle? or has that topic been hashed out in another section of the forum you can't be bothered to talk about it anymore =[

It's not happening. It would be too much work. Much more than what the story re-write would be.

[...]

White theoretically true, you know full well that it's not, in practice. No-one would design a game with the intent of using a controller to fulfil the function of a mouse, these days, and no-one in their right mind would play a game with a controller if the controller functioned like that. You're grasping at straws.

You're so oppressed as a mouse and keyboard user. I think you'll be fine.

It's not about oppresshun, you nit. It's about games and controls becoming garbage because they have constraints imposed on them due to limitations that shouldn't affect you.

The point of Raze is an excellent example, and is what would happen if the roles were reversed. Imagine console games being made to comply with the otherwise superior keyboard and mouse controls, and you'd have to control a pointer with your control stick. It's absurd, and that's just how absurd limiting PC games to controller schemes is.
Glad to here about that new version coming smile

Also good to hear there will be 2 different UI (not like watchdogs did, a nightmare).

It's absurd, and that's just how absurd limiting PC games to controller schemes is.

See DA:I for abysmal reference.

I honestly don't get it. There's an excellent game that won a well deserved game of the year and had so much potential to build upon and the studio takes the first exit to mainstream to cater to the mass market with a polished rehash of the same game.
First off, you rock Larian!!

There are 2 different UIs, and if you are using a controller on PC you can switch back and forth between controller and keyboard+mouse.

Hopefully this will be true, and hopefully the interface for Mouse+Keyboard will be a little bit revamped too (because somehow there's still work to do (mainly on the fact that targeting with the mouse is somewhat sometimes annoying (the monster moves, the focus on the mouse is lost and you end up moving or doing something else...).

How the fork will work though? Because there's supposed to be two games, but will the small glitches and update come to this game?

Oddly i don't care much since i will have the new version (did i tell you you rocked?), but what is the point of having two separate versions?

I hope the loot will be "fixed" in the new version, that's my biggest hope, the rest was just fine by me.

I hope also that you will milk us like you should and release a game with the same engine, same world and just different quests and classes. I will gladly pay for that!

This is so great, can't wait for the release date, it makes me happy because i was holding back playing, now that i know it's a big revamp, i'll just finish the game and play the new one after.

(Does that mean new achievements too...? Seriously this 'two games' thing is just confusing...)
Originally Posted by "Various people"

A console version means that the game will be dumbed down! Less dialogue and a consolized interface will be forced on people!

Originally Posted by "Swen Vincke"
We really focussed on improving things - not dumbing things down. It's hard to explain without people actually having played the Enhanced Edition, but I hope player will recognise it once they get in their hands. Won't be that long.

There's actually more dialogue now. A lot of the dialogue that bored people came from a generic dialogue system which in hindsight was a bad idea but did allow us to take shortcuts. The extra dialogue/rewritten dialogue dominantly serves to add more personality to the inhabitants of Rivellon or obviously to set up the new quests etc... Also - the voice does do a lot to the immersion level of the game. You might be surprised.

Tbh, I don't see how we could even consider having the same interface on platforms that are so different. We already made them very different when making DKS.

(Source is replies on his blog page)
Imagine console games being made to comply with the otherwise superior keyboard and mouse controls, and you'd have to control a pointer with your control stick. It's absurd

It wouldn't have to be a direct a direct mapping of functions, and not for all game features. Hopefully as more information if reveal, how it is being implemented will alleviate your concerns that current functionality is being (or will be) ripped out of the engine to make the controller work.

Originally Posted by Linio
How the fork will work though?

AFAIK there are no plans to continue maintaining the released version of the game. The enhanced edition needed to be separate due to the changes with the engine (switching from DX 9c to 11 for Windows, etc) as well as to the game itself (additions and changes to quests, skills, abilities, etc), with effect the system requirements (64 bit only) and mean saved game compatibility could not be maintained.

There are multiple changes to the loot system, and the game economy in general. Since there were changes to quests and the end of the game, achievements will have to be redone, as well (and of course there will have to be an achievement or two added for the harder difficulty mode, etc).

There are 2 games which have started development using the same engine and gameplay mechanics.
[quote=Luckmann]
AFAIK there are no plans to continue maintaining the released version of the game.

Yeah, thought as much.

Buy the new one instead, which is the polished old one with added shinies.

Right now, this is all PR talk with the same wording we heard from Bioware and all the other companies that went mainstream. Don't get me wrong, you released an excellent game. I just hoped for expansions and new games along the same lines instead of a rehash of the same game with all the hallmarks of the so called AAA titles for the mass market.

And whatever happened to the next patch will be a big one, I remember hearing this last winter?
And whatever happened to the next patch will be a big one, I remember hearing this last winter?

It kept getting bigger, and evolved into the Enhanced Edition.

It kept getting bigger, and evolved into the Enhanced Edition.

Well, I don't envy your position. Especially seeing how you answered the modding question just a couple of weeks ago.

But working in PR, I consider the above sentence as 1.01.

See the blog post The why of our third secret project.

Well, at least I stand corrected in my comparison to Bioware and other companies, who took that road.

From the blog: In case you池e wondering about the latter, yes, we are going to give everybody who owns D:OS on PC (and on Mac if you bought it through Steam or Gog. And if we ever figure out a way of having a real communication line with the people running the App Store, then there too) an Enhanced Edition for free. It痴 another way of saying thank you. That means that if you own D:OS now, you値l soon see an extra entry in your Steam or GOG library for the Enhanced Edition. You値l still be able to play the original D:OS too.

That at least shows that there are still decent humans at work and not beancounters.

I just registered an Account and logged in to tell you the following with my broken english;

"I will forever love you guys for this."
I have to express my respect to Raze for his patience. On most forums, cossayos and Luckman would have been banned on page 2 of the thread for their continued negativity, aggressive behavior and selective perception of facts.

I would not have been as patient as Raze, I must admit.

Thanks to Larian for the great, free expansion to D:OS. I am looking forward to it.
Actually I'm most interested in a "more than 2 player" option, since I want to play divinity at my lan party smile So, I hope the mod that allowed 4 players will still work for the enhanced edition and if there would be an option for ~4 players I would be even more thrilled, but since you didn't announce anything in that direction & 4 players I assume something like this is not implemented.
Originally Posted by recluce
I have to express my respect to Raze for his patience. On most forums, cossayos and Luckman would have been banned on page 2 of the thread for their continued negativity, aggressive behavior and selective perception of facts.

I would not have been as patient as Raze, I must admit.

Thanks to Larian for the great, free expansion to D:OS. I am looking forward to it.

I can only think of one forum that bans people for general criticism, and that's the Bioware Social Site. Get real. It is not aggressive behaviour or selective perception of facts to voice discontentment about a game taking a new direction and specifically updating in a manner which leaves the game inaccessible to paying customers.

Nor is it "continued negativity" to oppose such utter insanity. The negativity is entirely warranted.

Just because Larian is devolving like Bioware doesn't mean that Raze has to.
I guess some people missed this. Swen responded to some of this fear-mongering on the comments on his blog entry. Maybe a larger font would help.

We really focussed on improving things - not dumbing things down. It's hard to explain without people actually having played the Enhanced Edition, but I hope player will recognise it once they get in their hands. Won't be that long.

There's actually more dialogue now. A lot of the dialogue that bored people came from a generic dialogue system which in hindsight was a bad idea but did allow us to take shortcuts. The extra dialogue/rewritten dialogue dominantly serves to add more personality to the inhabitants of Rivellon or obviously to set up the new quests etc... Also - the voice does do a lot to the immersion level of the game. You might be surprised.

Tbh, I don't see how we could even consider having the same interface on platforms that are so different. We already made them very different when making DKS.

[/quote]
So nice to hear that everyone who owns it will get the new one for free.
now to my real question, about the owning thing, me and my friend bought it together (the collectors edtion on steam- with 2 copies)
i gave him my share of the money he bought it then and gifted the second copy to me, will i get the enhanced edition too or will only he get it because for steam he bought it and i got it gifted.
i know you said own, but maybe you just meant bought, so i have to ask

would be really nice to know ;)
I guess some people missed this. Swen responded to some of this fear-mongering on the comments on his blog entry. Maybe a larger font would help.

[/quote]

Remember when Bioware said that Dragon Age: Origins' franchise would be kept as a PC exclusive, and the markets of Mass Effect and Dragon Age essentially being different beasts entirely, appealing to different people, and that one would focus on cinematicism and the other a more hardcore RPG experience?

I find it hard to believe that Vincke has somehow come up with a way to bypass the inherent limitations of the console format and controllers. I have no doubt in my mind that he is serious in not wanting to dumb things down, but the fact of the matter is that we've heard this line countless of times, and it's never been true at the end of the day.

Multi-platform always compromises gameplay, choices and controls. No exceptions. It's naive bordering on the absurd to think that D:OS:EE would be an exception just because you're fed a quotable marketing line. They've already shown that they give zero fucks about previous customers and have no qualms with giving the big middle-finger in what was supposed to be an extensive patch, not a new game.
D:OS is not a game which was developed for simultaneous release on multiple platforms. It was developed for PC first and the game was finished for PC. If you want to talk absurd, it's the belief that somehow the already existing and complete PC version of DOS will be stripped down to bare bones because the mere EXISTENCE of versions of XBONE and PS4 exist.

It is indeed possible for multiple ****ing version to exist. There is no reason at all why the PC version of DOS:EE would suddenly lose features and content to match an entirely different system.
Originally Posted by Zavi
i know you said own, but maybe you just meant bought, so i have to ask

You'll get the Enhanced Edition added to your library. Going by who owns the game would be much easier than starting with who purchased the game and trying to follow where keys were gifted or redeemed, etc.
Fantastic Awesome News D:OS is in so many ways inmproved !!! claphands
Many many thanks to the whole Larian Studios' Team !! claphands

And I appreciate it's for FREE for everyone who own D:OS already ! Great News !
(I remember paying twice for Divinity II : first for Ego Draconis and then second for The Dragon Knight Saga ! - on Xbox360)

I've D:OS running on my laptop (I honestly bought a new high tech laptop just with D:OS in mind ! oops ) and I stay with PC version . Maybe try some day my Xbox controller, but not sure ...

One Question I've (but honestly I didn't use it so far because of lack of time + I've readed it's complicated in terms of "useability", especially for a new or untrained modder) :

I wonder if the EDITOR for D:OS:EE will also improved like they did for the game itself ??
I didn't found anything about the Editor so far in the Announcement, but maybe I missed on that ?

There will be updates for the editor, but I don't know if the changes will be quite as dramatic. biggrin
Thanks Raze wink

I wonder if I ever can make my own mod for D:OS (EE) ...
And if I CAN, then the question is (I can't answer now):
have I time for it ?

But I Hope the Editor will be improved regarding it's "useability" wink
Hey, I really wonder what this is:

I catched a picture in the video (at 0:46 seconds) of the Update #67 where I see :

Divinity
"Eyes of a Child"

Is this some kind of DLC for D:OS Enhanced Edition
or .... a brand new next RPG in the make ? smile

EDIT :
But then I'm confused to read on that picture :
Release date :Q3 2012 !!
So originally D:OS was planned for more than PC only already since 2012 (and earlier) ?? Or am I totally wrong now ?

It was the original working title for the game; the program file in the install folder is still called EoCApp.exe.
Ooo, sadly frown because ... I really like the title ...
"Divinity - Eyes of a Child" ! smile
And the cover is so nice !

Just me evil
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Announcing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - 18/05/15 10:42 AM
Yes and yes. As long as you will get DOS before release of EE you will get it for free later. Console version is a separate thing and requires purchase.
I haven't been by in a long time, but I had to come by for this announcement to thank Sven and the entire team for making my dream come true.

A dream where a man can sit back on the couch comfortably while he plays his RPG of choice with a controller in his hand, and even co-op in it with a buddy by his side.

I'm sure you will remember me, Raze, as I had to be "That guy", the one who posted "That thread", the one about Controllers back in December of 2013, before D;OS launched. I certainly recall your very kind and helpful reply in the thread, although it petered out so fast I wondered by nobody else seemed to care.

This one! http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...r=479412&Searchpage=1&Main=32898

Apparently, it wasn't that people didn't care about the issue, they just never cared to use the Search function to find old threads about it, preferring to just keep making new ones asking about controller support over and over again, annoying the more regular posters.

Oh, and Luckmann?

You must be a complete idiot to think Larian gives "Zero fucks" when they are offering the enhanced version to all owners of D;OS free of charge.

It's free, to all previous owners [not just backers, but anyone who purchased it elsewhere such as on Steam or GOG as well as Kickstarter backers like me] at no cost beyond the time to download it.

That's obvious proof they care about their existing customers in a tangible way few other companies are willing to do.

Mod this last part if you feel you must, Raze, but I stand by this section.

Thanks for reading.
Originally Posted by Rune
Oh, and Luckmann?

You must be a complete idiot to think Larian gives "Zero fucks" when they are offering the enhanced version to all owners of D;OS free of charge.

It's free, to all previous owners [not just backers, but anyone who purchased it elsewhere such as on Steam or GOG as well as Kickstarter backers like me] at no cost beyond the time to download it.

That's obvious proof they care about their existing customers in a tangible way few other companies are willing to do.

Thanks for reading.
And you must be a complete idiot if there's any relation to what you said, and what I've said.

Instead of a patch like we were promised, we're getting a "new" old game, adapted for consoles... that I can't even play.

Yeah, I'd say that's about zero fucks given.
Originally Posted by Rune
Oh, and Luckmann?

Thanks for reading.

And you must be a complete idiot if there's any relation to what you said, and what I've said.

Instead of a patch like we were promised, we're getting a "new" old game, adapted for consoles... that I can't even play.

Yeah, I'd say that's about zero fucks given.

If you can't upgrade your computer to play it, that's on you. Not on Larian or anyone else.

It's still a free gift and they aren't taking anything away from the older version of the game, it'll always still be there as it is right now.

Worst case scenario, you still have what you paid for. One day when you do upgrade your computer [and pull your head out of your ass], you'll be able to download and play the new version too.
adapted for consoles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQxhOYqLPdY
Instead of a patch like we were promised

So the reason Larian doesn't care is that they added much more to the update than was originally intended???

There are a fairly small fraction of people who meet the hardware requirements for D:OS but will not for the Enhanced Edition. While unfortunate, these people will eventually upgrade (DX11 support being common for more than the last 5 years, for example), and will be able to play it. I don't see how it would have been more caring to significantly restrict the scope of the update for everyone so that people who's systems can barely handle D:OS would also barely handle the EE.
adapted for consoles...

Except, y'know, I'm not. It's been expressly stated. It's a bit hard to go back on now.

Instead of a patch like we were promised

So the reason Larian doesn't care is that they added much more to the update than was originally intended???

There are a fairly small fraction of people who meet the hardware requirements for D:OS but will not for the Enhanced Edition. While unfortunate, these people will eventually upgrade (DX11 support being common for more than the last 5 years, for example), and will be able to play it. I don't see how it would have been more caring to significantly restrict the scope of the update for everyone so that people who's systems can barely handle D:OS would also barely handle the EE.

It's not an update anymore, and it's disingenuous to suggest that it is. It's a cash-in and it's the original supporters that's paid for it.

Saying that it's only a "small fraction" of those supporters doesn't make it OK, even if it would happen to be true (which I'm not convinced, but that ends up coming down to the semantics of "small fraction"). Saying that "these people will eventually upgrade", meaning me, is a straight-up lie, because there's nothing to go on that would suggest that, and I certainly don't have to funds to do so in the foreseeable future.

And saying "... barely handle D:OS would also barely handle the EE" is condescending at best, classicism more often than not. I have absolutely zero problems running D:OS.

It started off as an update. More stuff was added. It became the Enhanced Edition. Somehow that means Larian doesn't care about those who bought the game.

It can not be a cash-in if it is free to everyone who owns D:OS.

The history of computers (obsolescence, reliability, etc) suggests that virtually everyone will upgrade eventually. I used (and am still using) my old computer for more than a dozen years past the the last upgrade it made sense to make; much of that time I didn't have the money to build a new computer, sometimes I did but couldn't justify it when there other things I needed to deal with first, but eventually (a year ago) I had both the money and justification.

Other than the switch from DX 9 to 11, and becoming 64 bit only, there is not going to be huge jump in requirements.
It started off as an update. More stuff was added. It became the Enhanced Edition. Somehow that means Larian doesn't care about those who bought the game.
Strawman.

It can not be a cash-in if it is free to everyone who owns D:OS.
A lot of people already got it on consoles? I find that doubtful, considering that D:OS isn't available for consoles.

The history of computers suggests that virtually everyone will upgrade eventually. I used (and am still using) my old computer for more than a dozen years past the the last upgrade it made sense to make; much of that time I didn't have the money to build a new computer, sometimes I did but couldn't justify it where there other things I needed to deal with first, but eventually (a year ago) I had both the money and justification.
Good for you. Irrelevant, but good for you.

Other than the switch from DX 9 to 11, and becoming 64 bit only, there is not going to be huge jump in requirements.
No-one said it was a huge jump. I didn't expect it to be a huge jump. Which is really part of the problem. First you say barely able to play D:OS (which is false), and now you say that the difference won't be huge.

Either is irrelevant. The issue is precisely that it's not a huge jump, but a roadblock. It's not about barely scaling the wall, it's about an insurmountable blockade.

Are you claiming the mere existence of a console version means Larian doesn't care about people who bought the game on PC? Everyone who owns D:OS is still getting the PC version of the EE for free.

It is irrelevant that I've been in the same situation, not being able to play new games with no short term prospects of being able to upgrade?

It is because there will not be a huge jump in requirements that (other than the DX 11 requirement and 64 bit only) those unable to play the EE likely can not play D:OS very well.
Are you claiming the mere existence of a console version means Larian doesn't care about people who bought the game on PC? Everyone who owns D:OS is still getting the PC version of the EE for free.
No. The fact that they're locking people out shows that they don't care about previous customers. The fact that they make it a console game shows that they don't care about PC gamers. Two related but separate issues.

It is irrelevant that I've been in the same situation, not being able to play new games with no short term prospects of being able to upgrade?
Yes. It's a nice story and good for you, but it doesn't change anything for those that do not have the opportunities you obviously had.

It is because there will not be a huge jump in requirements that (other than the DX 11 requirement and 64 bit only) those unable to play the EE likely can not play D:OS very well.

Again - this is the third time you're corrected - this is false. I have no troubles playing D:OS at all. There is no significant jump, yet boom, locked out, get a new car you last-year peasant, how dare you be poor? What did you say? Your car is running fine? Well it doesn't have a rear spoiler so we're not giving you access to the gated community and we're not going to fix the sink for you that we promised, either, sucks to be you, get bent, we have plenty of other customers now.
And it's more than the third time you're complaining about a "game *" you said you can play D:OS fine, .... well, let's play D:OS and have some fun !! wink

* I hope a "game" is not ALL you've, I really hope you are more worried about vital things in your life than a "game" ....
If the Enhanced Edition start to run not smooth on my laptop (in worst case BAD!), I can simply play further on the NON Enhanced Edition and be happy with that situation, just because it's only a game for "hours of entertainment", not a vital thing !
OK, to be honest: in first place I'll be disappointed if my laptop can't play the Enhanced Edition (smooth enough),
but heay, there's more in my life than gaming alone ! So please, stand still for awhile and think of this in mind wink
What I always say to myself: "Don't take entertainment too serious!"
Just me smile

The vast majority of feedback about the EE thus far has been positive. While it is unfortunate that some will not immediately be able to play the EE, you can not claim Larian doesn't care about people that bought the game because they didn't put a hard lock on the requirements and reject anything that would benefit the game (including performance improvements) but impact the requirements.

So you have to be 100% PC only, or you you are 100% against PC, with nothing in between?
It is ridiculous to claim making a console port of a game means Larian doesn't care about PC players. Nothing was cut out of the game or altered in the PC version to make it work on the console.

It doesn't exactly take a charmed life to be able to build a new computer able to play D:OS (after a dozen years with a computer that was budget class when it was new).

Note the section "other than the DX 11 requirement and 64 bit only" in that sentence.

You do realize that every other type of software is going to be updated, and is going to gradually drop support for older hardware? Drivers for your system are going to be stopped being updated, if they haven't already. Newer releases of web browsers are going to start getting slower and slower. Eventually some dotNet update or something isn't going to install, which is going to prevent various software from running. Etc.
This will not mean that nobody cares about PC users.
adapted for consoles...

Except, y'know, I'm not. It's been expressly stated. It's a bit hard to go back on now.

You are.

This game was developed for PC and finished for PC. This game had a kickstarter dedicated to making it really cool with lots of stuff other games didn't do (at least these days), and although you may have to take the word of other people on this, generally it delivered on those promises. Larian has communicated their passion for this project and their philosophy of doing things right and not the most money-grubbing cheap way many many times.

And yet you seem to have the unreasonable notion that the PC version's features which already exist in a finished product - will be gutted and stripped out - reducing the quality of an existing and finished game, in opposition to their philosophy... just to make the PC version match the limitations of a console version... which no one has even seen yet.

I don't see how you could be more wrong.

A lot of people already got it on consoles? I find that doubtful, considering that D:OS isn't available for consoles.

Everyone who has bought Original Sin for PC from the Kickstarter up until whevever the EE gets released gets EE free. However, no console version was ever promised. Not in the Kickstarter, not after, not until now.

(Until right now) Larian never promised that there would be a console version at all, so they have no obligation to give away the console version for free.

And also, the market for consoles is a lot heavier on physical dics than digital goods, meaning the cost to produce the copies is going to be a lot higher than the digital-only copies.

It's not an update anymore, and it's disingenuous to suggest that it is. It's a cash-in and it's the original supporters that's paid for it.

This game was developed for PC and finished for PC. This game had a kickstarter dedicated to making it really cool with lots of stuff other games didn't do (at least these days), and although you may have to take the word of other people on this, generally it delivered on those promises. Larian has communicated their passion for this project and their philosophy of doing things right and not the most money-grubbing cheap way many many times.

The question is simply whether the original D:OS covered all promised kickstarter goals/features for which people backed the project yes or no. If it did, Larian can take the game and develop it in any direction they please, simply because backers got already what they paid for. If it did not, Larian should give the backers what they paid for.

I also felt crushed by the terrible third part of master of orion, or by how they butchered the settlers series and I don't like civilization 5 either. But I can't change that, because it's not my game.
The big thing promised-but-absent is the NPC scheduling, but that was determined to be too difficult to add during the alpha. It was decided then that the amount of resources needed to implement that would drastically have lowered the quality of the game as a whole, and I really don't think the math has changed there.
Originally Posted by Arne
If it did not, Larian should give the backers what they paid for.

Kickstarter is not a pre-order system, and does not make games immune to the normal development process. Kickstarter backers are not paying for a game with a checklist of features, they are backing the game so development can continue, with the stated goals and plans; sometimes those plans do not work out, sometimes more things are added that was the original intent.
You have received an offer of significant upgrade for further re-playability. On top of 100hours of fun you have consumed, you are offered to get another load for free.

If your economic situation do not allow you to meet minimum requirements, feel free to use the standard version forever.
(One of my PCs is a CoreDuo Intel 6420+2GRam+Radeon3780+W7/64bit its about 10 years old hardware. Sometimes I have played the current version on it - it goes pretty good. I am sure it will run EE too. )

If you receive a free ride on role caster but you always vomit. So you dont use such offer. Would you complain in this case too?

Dude, its beautiful day today, go outside smile and do something nice for a stranger. :-]
...[things]...

I can understand you would be upset that you won't be able to play the new game, but it seems you're just really salty at this point.

Multiple people have given you counter arguments to each of your complaints but you're quick to dismiss them and just repeat what you've already said.

One of you major points seems to be that the fact the game is now being ported from PC to console suddenly means features will be stripped and the game will be a bloody mess. This is simply not known for certain. Is it possible? It most certainly is, and examples have already been cited. Is it 100% always the case? Most certainly not! I would like to cite Starcraft 64 and Diablo (for playstation).

While the original Diablo wasn't exactly feature rich, Starcraft was a fully realized RTS. In either case though, neither PC game suffered from it's console port. In fact, Starcraft's PC version even got an expansion that the console did not. And if these 2 examples aren't enough to convince you, I am more than happy to cite more (as I know there are more PC-to-console ports that did not suffer as you seem to be suggesting they all do).

Does it suck that you won't (right now at least) be able to play the new D:OS:EE? Of course it does. But just because you won't be able to play it doesn't mean that it will suck, or that Larian hates PC gamers.
Originally Posted by Drewgamer
...[things]...

I can understand you would be upset that you won't be able to play the new game, but it seems you're just really salty at this point.

Multiple people have given you counter arguments to each of your complaints but you're quick to dismiss them and just repeat what you've already said.

One of you major points seems to be that the fact the game is now being ported from PC to console suddenly means features will be stripped and the game will be a bloody mess. This is simply not known for certain. Is it possible? It most certainly is, and examples have already been cited. Is it 100% always the case? Most certainly not! I would like to cite Starcraft 64 and Diablo (for playstation).

While the original Diablo wasn't exactly feature rich, Starcraft was a fully realized RTS. In either case though, neither PC game suffered from it's console port. In fact, Starcraft's PC version even got an expansion that the console did not. And if these 2 examples aren't enough to convince you, I am more than happy to cite more (as I know there are more PC-to-console ports that did not suffer as you seem to be suggesting they all do).

Does it suck that you won't (right now at least) be able to play the new D:OS:EE? Of course it does. But just because you won't be able to play it doesn't mean that it will suck, or that Larian hates PC gamers.

It's painfully evident that you actually never played D2 or Starcraft on console. If you want a better example, look at Diablo 3, which was actually intended as multiplatform from the beginning (which many fans called Blizzard on long before it was announced; and it wasn't announced precisely because people knew that it compromises development).

There is not a single multiplatform game in the history of gaming that didn't suffer due to being, well, multiplatform. You say it is simply not known for certain, but experience has taught us otherwise. Even under the best of circumstances, the best developers can do is to attempt to obfuscate the fact by making it less obvious what was compromised.

But at the end of the day, what gets to me the most is that Larian has no trouble pissing in the face of their fans after promising an extensive patch for months, but in reality adapting the game for consoles and then go "Nuh-uh", releasing a new game instead, which, of course, is unusable. At the end of the day, was the inventory system of Skyrim bad because of consoles, or were it just bad? We all know it's the former, but the apologists and peasantry can easily argue that it was just badly designed.

And we see this time and time again, whether it's bad controls or entire features that had to be cut because it was impossible to make it fit in a console UI. Because yeah, sure, D:OS:EE will get two separate UI:s, but you bet that if there's a feature that won't work well with the console UI, it's going to get binned for both versions, whether it would've worked with the PC UI or not (and face it, it would've; that's the difference, anything works or can be made to work on PC).

When you're promised a stellar patch, it's really dishonest to make it into a new game that, whoops, you can't play. But uh, you can play the unpatched game, so that's fine.

This is Grade A douchery worthy of Electronic Arts and paints Swen Vincke and his cohorts as nothing short of crooks.
Sorry for the double-post, but I'm getting an error on the editing.

Originally Posted by gGeo
You have received an offer of significant upgrade for further re-playability.
No.

If your economic situation do not allow you to meet minimum requirements, feel free to use the standard version forever.
A patch was promised for months. Now, instead, you're getting a game you can't even play. Yeah, not quite the same thing as enjoying the standard version.

(One of my PCs is a CoreDuo Intel 6420+2GRam+Radeon3780+W7/64bit its about 10 years old hardware. Sometimes I have played the current version on it - it goes pretty good. I am sure it will run EE too. )
No, it won't. But you think so, because you have no idea what you're talking about and it's painful to watch you run your mouth in ignorance.

This is really part of the problem - that people have no idea what the issue is, despite having it spelled out to them. Anyone with an IQ south of 125 should be forcibly removed from the gene-pool already.
Okay, you expected a big patch, me too (!), and it all ended as a enhanced edition WITH some new requirements on top of that ! I can understand your frustrations when I try to imagine your situation (but honestly: I never can that for 100 %).

The Unpatched game (in his current state) is still a very good & magnificent game to play ...!

For me that's fine, but as I can clearly understand, not for you ...

I've still full confidence in the Larian Team, don't understand me wrong, but one thing you, Larian Studios, must try to understand : as always I'm afraid, you're all mostly (TOO?) Ambitious/Enthousiastic !
Therefore they take, as almost always, too many hay on their fork starting a big update ...

So that's like a knife that cuts on both ways !!
And now it depends on which side you look at on the current matter : all the negative or all the positive ... (or in between) wink !

But, like always, at the end, I strongly appreciate their enthousiastic developers work !!
That's the largest reason why I love the Larian games : all the hard work they did in each of their games gives that good feeling :
a game maked with Passion & Love !

There is not a single multiplatform game in the history of gaming that didn't suffer due to being, well, multiplatform. You say it is simply not known for certain, but experience has taught us otherwise. Even under the best of circumstances, the best developers can do is to attempt to obfuscate the fact by making it less obvious what was compromised.

You know what, you're right. I remember when D:OS came to Mac, and the PC version was completely stripped of features to make the PC version in line with the Mac version.

I actually just created an account despite never having played the game (Currently plotting about purchasing) to let you know that you sound kind of crazy on here Luckmann.

First you suggest killing 95% of the world population? Even if this is sarcastic (which it does not seem like) it is both in bad taste and quite unfitting for intelligent discourse.

Second you claim that no PC game can ever be good while having a console port. While I agree with you that console ports scare me and ruin many games (DA:I for me) this is an incredibly over exaggerating statement. XCOM, Portal 2, TF 2 all have console ports and are all this outstanding PC games. In fact I would argue that turn based games tend to port the best.

Third even if all of your arguments are 100% valid the way in which you convey them is incredibly confrontational and disrespectful. Despite repeated attempts by individuals such as Joram to remind you that the fact that we are discussing a vide game on internet board means none of our life's are all that terrible.

Life is short don't waste it being angry. Lets see how the EE is and if its bad we don't come back, no reasons to get to excited before it comes out.
HURRRRR I'M A DURRRRR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computing_platform

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wilfully
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse

And for reference, yes, there have been games hurt by being PC/Mac "multiplatform", but it's not an issue these days, and it was never a major issue in the past, because the Mac had no games.

Originally Posted by Urza
I actually just created an account despite never having played the game (Currently plotting about purchasing) to let you know that you sound kind of crazy on here Luckmann.

First you suggest killing 95% of the world population? Even if this is sarcastic (which it does not seem like) it is both in bad taste and quite unfitting for intelligent discourse.

95% so that the species has a future, because at this rate the only ones capable of intelligent discourse are going to kill themselves due to sheer frustration.

Second you claim that no PC game can ever be good while having a console port.
Strawman. I said no such thing. A game can still be good. Just not as good as it should be. Good is, after all, subjective.

While I agree with you that console ports scare me and ruin many games (DA:I for me) this is an incredibly over exaggerating statement. XCOM, Portal 2, TF 2 all have console ports and are all this outstanding PC games. In fact I would argue that turn based games tend to port the best.
Not only could all of them have been better, but I think I can count all turn-based games that have been successfully ported (using 'successfully' in the loosest way possible) on my one hand.

XCOM is an excellent suggestion of a good game that could've been amazing, but suffered extensively due to consolization. The controls are terrible for a PC, with sticky-selections, and jerks around in just that kind of way only console games do.

Third even if all of your arguments are 100% valid the way in which you convey them is incredibly confrontational and disrespectful. Despite repeated attempts by individuals such as Joram to remind you that the fact that we are discussing a vide game on internet board means none of our life's are all that terrible.
To try to boil an issue down to "hurr it's not big enough to worry about" is the last defence of the desperate, as in "I didn't care about the argument anyway".

Life is short don't waste it being angry. Lets see how the EE is and if its bad we don't come back, no reasons to get to excited before it comes out.

I think this really underlines your tone of empty superiority and false privilege, in that not only does the issues not concern you - and therefore they somehow shouldn't concern me, or simply be dismissed because it's not 'worth' worrying about - but you also suggest playing the waiting game, which only ever benefits those that are unaffected by any change in policy or approach.

No reason to get excited before it comes out. Let's see how EE is. Well that's good for you. Excellent. It doesn't matter to you, and when the EE hits, you'll be able to judge. Congratulations.

Some of us won't.
Deleting a bookmark is easy, you know. And I trust some people are with me when I say we wouldn't miss you.
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Deleting a bookmark is easy, you know. And I trust some people are with me when I say we wouldn't miss you.

Ditto.

This goes back to the whole 125 IQ thing, really. Remember, down the road, not across the street.

"empty superiority"
Should that be reserved for the true PC elite, not anyone who may have sympathies for those unclean console people?

"false privilege"
You're the one claiming that no matter how many people the engine improvements and switch to DX 11 on Windows may help, the fact that it may not run on your current system means that Larian has complete disdain for everyone who bought D:OS, and are releasing a new game that is "unusable".
Apparently you were fine with the original release, though, despite the minimum requirements putting out of the playable realm for some systems.

If the EE is going to suffer so much for the existence of a console version (don't bother waiting to get any first looks at E3, or anything), why are you so upset you may not immediately be able to play it?
Okay, Luckmann has proved himself to be an idiot not worth arguing with. He can never get the concept of "different versions" through his thick skull, nor can he understand that features from a finished PC version will not magically, automatically be stripped out of a PC version when a separate console version is made.

Glad we've cleared that up.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pot
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/calling
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kettle
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/black

In order:
1) Killing 95% of the species based purely on IQ would first of all set us back to a world population of between 1000-2000 BC with a set back to our society relatively similar in proportion. Second it would not really solve your frustration issue because intelligent individuals are just as likely to be deluded about there omnipotence as anyone else.

2) "There is not a single multiplatform game in the history of gaming that didn't suffer due to being, well, multiplatform."
To me a game being good and suffering are mutually exclusive although for the purposes of this we will assume they are not. Can you tell me where Portal 2 or TF 2 suffered for having console ports? And "good is, after all, subjective" is just as much Reductio ad absurdum as anything I have said is straw man. By that argument any single game could be good no matter how crappy just by virtue of being a video game and modern marvel. I think we can safely equate good with both enjoyable and successful to/with a large segment of the population.

3) Also I find it hard to say that XCOM has suffered when it is an incredible game with smooth gameplay and outstanding replayability that is still strong several years after release. It jerks around almost never and both play and cut scenes are smooth.

4) I absolutely care about the argument but I am trying to indicate that it is not worth contemplating mass murder/genocide for. I think that is a fair argument to make. Why is it necessary to be angry and hateful in order to discuss important issues? Your whole argument here is straw man.

5) What empty superiority and false privilege? How does it not concern either of us? It concerns both of us however that is not the same as saying we have control over it. At this point they have enough into the production based on their comments that its going to be released, and since it's going to be free we don't even really have the option of using money as speech. We will just have to not purchase further products/versions of the game on the console/DLC if we are unhappy with the game.

6) This is the most valid of your arguments, you can't play EE when it drops and the game you currently enjoy will not be supported when it comes out. However this is a business decision by the company about whether or not a large enough number are effected to justify holding back updating the engine. What exactly are your system specs btw? How hard is it going to be to get you to 11 so you can play? I feel like it's just a modern version of windows and a graphics card that supports it? So ~250-300$? Rather than focusing on the negative why not try and find a way to solve the problem?
"empty superiority"
Should that be reserved for the true PC elite, not anyone who may have sympathies for those unclean console people?

"false privilege"
You're the one claiming that no matter how many people the engine improvements and switch to DX 11 on Windows may help, the fact that it may not run on your current system means that Larian has complete disdain for everyone who bought D:OS, and are releasing a new game that is "unusable".
Apparently you were fine with the original release, though, despite the minimum requirements putting out of the playable realm for some systems.

You're all about the strawmen, aren't you? It is clear that they don't care, and the odds that it'll "help" people.. oh please, you cannot possibly be so computer illiterate as to believe that it's going to help anyone.

You are also boiling this down to a "new release", which is not the issue. Had it been a new release, the issue would've been different - annoying, but alright, there's a lot of games that have ridiculous requirements, after all. But it's not. It's a patch that grew into an overhaul that is being presented as a new release. That patch was promised for a long time, and suddenly it's gone "Nuh-uh, not for you" and been adapted for consoles.

Unless you want to claim that D:OS is still getting it's patch. But.. we all know it's not.

If the EE is going to suffer so much for the existence of a console version (don't bother waiting to get any first looks at E3, or anything), why are you so upset you may not immediately be able to play it?

D:OS being adapted for consoles is bad, but ultimately it could still be a good game - certainly and undeniably a worse game than it should've or could've been, but still a good game. The problems of consolization is secondary to being lied to and dumped on by money-grubbing weasels.

Okay, Luckmann has proved himself to be an idiot not worth arguing with. He can never get the concept of "different versions" through his thick skull, nor can he understand that features from a finished PC version will not magically, automatically be stripped out of a PC version when a separate console version is made.

Glad we've cleared that up.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pot
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/calling
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kettle
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/black

The sad thing here is really that you still delude yourself to think that magically, a game isn't affected at all when being developed on multiple platforms.

It's an issue of the lowest common denominator. If you truly believe that there's going to be anything in the PC version that will not make it into the console version due to the constraints of the latter, you are either intellectually dishonest, or easily the dumbest and most ignorant person I've seen on the internet that is still capable of cobbling together a coherent sentence.

Truly, it is a wonder you can breathe without drowning in your own saliva, let alone mash enough neurons together to slap your hand against the keyboard.

In order:
1) Killing 95% of the species based purely on IQ would first of all set us back to a world population of between 1000-2000 BC with a set back to our society relatively similar in proportion. Second it would not really solve your frustration issue because intelligent individuals are just as likely to be deluded about there omnipotence as anyone else.

2) "There is not a single multiplatform game in the history of gaming that didn't suffer due to being, well, multiplatform."
To me a game being good and suffering are mutually exclusive although for the purposes of this we will assume they are not. Can you tell me where Portal 2 or TF 2 suffered for having console ports? And 敵ood is, after all, subjective is just as much Reductio ad absurdum as anything I have said is straw man. By that argument any single game could be good no matter how crappy just by virtue of being a video game and modern marvel. I think we can safely equate good with both enjoyable and successful to/with a large segment of the population.

3) Also I find it hard to say that XCOM has suffered when it is an incredible game with smooth gameplay and outstanding replayability that is still strong several years after release. It jerks around almost never and both play and cut scenes are smooth.

4) I absolutely care about the argument but I am trying to indicate that it is not worth contemplating mass murder/genocide for. I think that is a fair argument to make. Why is it necessary to be angry and hateful in order to discuss important issues? Your whole argument here is straw man.

5) What empty superiority and false privilege? How does it not concern either of us? It concerns both of us however that is not the same as saying we have control over it. At this point they have enough into the production based on their comments that it痴 going to be released, and since it痴 going to be free we don稚 even really have the option of using money as speech. We will just have to not purchase further products/versions of the game on the console/DLC if we are unhappy with the game.

6) This is the most valid of your arguments, you can稚 play EE when it drops and the game you currently enjoy will not be supported when it comes out. However this is a business decision by the company about whether or not a large enough number are effected to justify holding back updating the engine. What exactly are your system specs btw? How hard is it going to be to get you to 11 so you can play? I feel like it痴 just a modern version of windows and a graphics card that supports it? So ~250-300$? Rather than focusing on the negative why not try and find a way to solve the problem?

1) There is no reason to believe that just because you set the world population back to ~365 000 000, we'll somehow magically be set back societally to a standard of ~1000-2000 BC (which, for reference, was a mere 40-80 mil). While it is entirely true that a high IQ is no guarantee there won't be a whole range of other deficiencies, it is certainly a better situation than today, the goal being to get rid of the worst of the low-brow knuckle-draggers that insists on drooling their way through Walmart on scooters between their bouts of beating their head across a keyboard.

2) I don't see how it can be mutually exclusive; something can be good, but still have been better, had it not been saddled with a ball and chain around it's ankles. The most obvious one for the given games is similarly the most irrelevant one; graphically. It's par for the course for multiplatform games to be limited to the architecture of the worst-performing console.

What else had to be cut is hard to tell, given the simplistic nature of these games - RPG:s are a different beast entirely, and it's unfair to compare the constraints of an FPS on consoles to constraints of an RPG on consoles; nonetheless, it's there, however minor.

3) Post-purchase rationalization? I can't think of any other reason to say that, other than inexperience with gaming, maybe. You only need to go to the base screen to notice how terrible the panning is, and view any menu to see how everything is organized in a sequential, "click here, click here, click here, click here, click here, confirm"-manner that is alien to a well-produced desktop UI.

4) Nope. Your argument boiled down to promoting the irrelevance of the issue. I actually had to look it up, but that is a fallacy of relative privation.

5) Well, not having control and not having a voice are different things. All we can do may be to voice our concerns and make it known that Larian aren't to be trusted anymore (which I genuinely think is sad, considering that they're not the first promising studio to degenerate in this manner, and D:OS showed definite promise for the future - my enthusiasm was obvious unwarranted and premature) and, as you say, refrain from purchasing further products of the game (and make sure that others doesn't, or support alternative sources that does not endow Larian with undeserved monetary wealth).

6) The problem, as far as I'm concerned, is Larian, and I'm unfortunately incapable of solving that problem anytime soon (which brings us back to point #1). If I were capable of replacing my old (overclocked) GeForce 8800 GTX, I would've done it 6 years ago. Even if I somehow magically did have the funds, priority 1 is still to get my GF a new computer after her laptop bricked just above a year ago, so she isn't dependant on my desktop. Current funds in the teabox: -2400 USD (yup, that's a minus; it used to be 1000 USD, but then our only source of income decided to give us a golden shower and my parents had to shell out rent for four months.

So yeah, that's a problem not getting solved either way.
Just chiming in:

Could we please all try to keep the discussion polite without any personal attacks and advocating mass murder?
1) First I apologize I moved a decimal place short it is ~375 Mil not ~37.5Mil so that puts us about 1200AD instead. And while there is no reason to believe we will magically set back to that year it is reasonable to expect massive societal setbacks. Much of what society relies on cannot be reliably support with that few individuals (without building the infrastructure for that specific number) Not to mention that on average people would lose 95% of their friends/family. (Obviously it would not be this extreme as IQ is correlated with genetics and social groupings but 125 is still a high bar so almost all would lose many if not most) The psychological impact of that cannot be ignored. Finally lets not forget it is morally reprehensible?

2) Again your argument only holds in the extreme. There are situations where having a ball and chain around your ankles could be good but for the majority of people if you asked them simply weather that is a good or bad situation they would say that it is bad. In reference to graphics I have a hard time accepting it as a legitimate argument against multiplatform games when you cant play your games on max settings anyways?
I wouldn't call any of those games simple except potentially in the concepts driving them and I believe that simpler concepts is something PC gaming badly needs as opposed to unnecessary clutter. And while FPS and RPG constraints may not be the same previously the scope of discussion had covered all multiplatform games so I felt they were germane to the discussion.

3) Nested menus are both an efficient way of displaying and something that originated on PCs. And I don't think its post purchase rationalization when many individuals have hundreds of hours into the game. I think that's a pretty solid indicator of a genuinely good game. And I am not sure where you are clicking all these times? The game displays all main 澱ase locations and in each lets you click whatever 殿ction you want to take and the approve it? How would you propose to change it if it was only for PC?

4) No its not a fallacy of relative privation. It would be if I said 展ho cares about this game someone is trying to kill 95% of the population. Instead I am saying 泥on't you think trying to kill 95% of the population over this game is a little extreme My argument is that your response is disproportionate for the issue at hand which I stand by.

5) But you cant 適now they are not to be trusted anymore. You can strongly infer it from your evidence but you could be wrong. So why not hold judgment until there is some proof? Its not going to change their actions in releasing the enhanced edition and its not going to be taken seriously unless it has imperial evidence and business implications which it cannot until the game releases.

6) So you need 80-150$ to max your computer capable of playing the game? Why not focus on finding that money and money to pay back your debts instead of spending an incredible amount of time being angry about it? The PC community is actually incredibly generous there is actually a not insignificant chance you could get a new card capable of 11 free if you were less confrontational and full of vitriol
The sad thing here is really that you still delude yourself to think that magically, a game isn't affected at all when being developed on multiple platforms.

when being developed on multiple platforms.

developed on multiple platforms.

And here, right here is where that pesky neuron rattling around in there just refuses to fire.

D:OS was not developed on multiple platforms.

D:OS was developed on Windows and PORTED to Mac, and after an egregious delay is being PORTED to Linux, and is being PORTED to XBONE and PS4.

"Developed" is NOT the same thing as "Ported".
Originally Posted by Arne
If it did not, Larian should give the backers what they paid for.

Kickstarter is not a pre-order system, and does not make games immune to the normal development process. Kickstarter backers are not paying for a game with a checklist of features, they are backing the game so development can continue, with the stated goals and plans; sometimes those plans do not work out, sometimes more things are added that was the original intent.

You maybe misunderstood me. I merely tried to find out whether there was any serious promises that actual money was being paid for (In hopes that they get implemented) and that were not being implemented so people do actually have a semi valid reason to complain. I do, of course, understand that kickstarter money is "risky investment/venture capital" wink For example, Luckman complained that he doesn't get an update that runs on his system. So, I simply suspected the kickstarter stated certain system requirements or the update might contain some features that supporters actually paid for, for example a fully voiced game.

You're all about the strawmen, aren't you? It is clear that they don't care, and the odds that it'll "help" people.. oh please, you cannot possibly be so computer illiterate as to believe that it's going to help anyone.

That was exactly the issue Larian was faced with as the content of the update grew. From the blog post The why of our third secret project:
And so we started, first with small things intended to be included in the N-th patch, but soon with more drastic things that couldn稚 be included that easily. Then, even more drastic things made it to our tasklist that conflicted with the "patch protocol", a series of rules that ensure story changes don稚 break savegame compatibility and would therefore only be present in new games.

You believe the 'caring' thing to do would be to reject any changes that would be good for the game but preclude a patch. So essentially; 'here is a patch with a couple changes; we thought about graphical improvements, engine improvements and fixes to the story, but we care so much we didn't do any of that'.
Larian eventually decided it would be better for the game to do those things, and better for most players, despite the unfortunate change in system requirements which would mean some would not immediately be able to play the EE (they would still get a copy, to play when they can upgrade).

Are you under the impression that nobody has had any performance problems with D:OS, that multithreading could help with? Why does DX 11 exist if there are no benefits over DX 9?
Is nobody going to appreciate the changes to the story and dialogue, that flesh out the companions, and change the ending?

If you truly believe that there's going to be anything in the PC version that will not make it into the console version due to the constraints of the latter, you are either intellectually dishonest, or easily the dumbest and most ignorant person I've seen on the internet that is still capable of cobbling together a coherent sentence.

You've been arguing the opposite, that the mere existence of the console version would effect the PC (and means Larian doesn't care about PC users, who are such "money-grubbing weasels" that they are giving it to everyone who own D:OS for free on PC).
Isn't that a good thing, not to restrict the PC version to console features?

Even if I somehow magically did have the funds, priority 1 is still to get my GF a new computer after her laptop bricked just above a year ago, so she isn't dependant on my desktop.

People have been out of work much longer, gone deeper in debt and managed to recover.
Do you not know anyone that periodically upgrades their computer, who may have spare card around?
It's painfully evident that you actually never played D2 or Starcraft on console. If you want a better example, look at Diablo 3, which was actually intended as multiplatform from the beginning (which many fans called Blizzard on long before it was announced; and it wasn't announced precisely because people knew that it compromises development).

But at the end of the day, what gets to me the most is that Larian has no trouble pissing in the face of their fans after promising an extensive patch for months, but in reality adapting the game for consoles and then go "Nuh-uh", releasing a new game instead, which, of course, is unusable. At the end of the day, was the inventory system of Skyrim bad because of consoles, or were it just bad? We all know it's the former, but the apologists and peasantry can easily argue that it was just badly designed.

And we see this time and time again, whether it's bad controls or entire features that had to be cut because it was impossible to make it fit in a console UI. Because yeah, sure, D:OS:EE will get two separate UI:s, but you bet that if there's a feature that won't work well with the console UI, it's going to get binned for both versions, whether it would've worked with the PC UI or not (and face it, it would've; that's the difference, anything works or can be made to work on PC).

When you're promised a stellar patch, it's really dishonest to make it into a new game that, whoops, you can't play. But uh, you can play the unpatched game, so that's fine.

This is Grade A douchery worthy of Electronic Arts and paints Swen Vincke and his cohorts as nothing short of crooks.

You should be a politician, you're quite good at spinning things to fit your point of view. Let me address a few of your points here.

- First off, you say it's evident that I've never played D2 or Starcraft. On the first, you would be correct, on a technicality. D2 never came to console. I was talking about the ORIGINAL Diablo.
- Second, you have no idea whether or not I have played the console versions or not (I have for what my internet word is worth) so trying to discredit me with this is quite a leap here.

- Third (and bold for emphasis on this point) Your argument again again throughout this thread has been how much the PC version is going to suffer and how much Larian is showing they don't care about their original PC fanbase by porting the game over to consoles. I've provided two great examples of how porting a game to consoles DID NOT AFFECT THE PC VERSIONS AT ALL. I can't put enough stress here on this. These games had great PC versions before their ports. They had great PC versions after their ports. In fact the PC version of Starcraft GOT AN EXPANSION (read: even more content). Did Skyrim and Diablo 3 suffer because of their console counterparts? Most definitely and it has been acknowledged by the community, but there are several other VERY successful PC games that were brought to consoles without sacrificing their PC counterparts; the original Doom, Half-Life, Portal, and Minecraft if I must name a few more for you.

You were promised a HUGE patch for the original game. But Larian did you one better. If they had released this as a patch like they originally intended, they would have broken your game (since the new requirements were not met by you). Instead, they released it as a completely new game. This allows you to continue to play the older game (thus keeping all your saved content and what not) while also giving you the potential to play the new version with all it's benefits.

Unless you are currently working at Larian, or have some sort of insider information into their design process, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THE CONSOLE VERSION WILL AFFECT THE PC VERSION. How you can compare Larian to EA or crooks is beyond me. Larian isn't giving previous users the new game for a discount, they are giving it FOR FREE. They spent a lot of money to improve the game with the potential of not making another penny on the new version (they could sell 0 new copies). That certainly doesn't sound like a crook to me.
Originally Posted by Drewgamer

You were promised a HUGE patch for the original game. But Larian did you one better. If they had released this as a patch like they originally intended, they would have broken your game (since the new requirements were not met by you). Instead, they released it as a completely new game. This allows you to continue to play the older game (thus keeping all your saved content and what not) while also giving you the potential to play the new version with all it's benefits.

Unless you are currently working at Larian, or have some sort of insider information into their design process, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THE CONSOLE VERSION WILL AFFECT THE PC VERSION. How you can compare Larian to EA or crooks is beyond me. Larian isn't giving previous users the new game for a discount, they are giving it FOR FREE. They spent a lot of money to improve the game with the potential of not making another penny on the new version (they could sell 0 new copies). That certainly doesn't sound like a crook to me.

Indeed !!

@Luckmann : please, go playing further the current D:OS version and ENJOY !! smile

Guess: I can't play on my laptop the Enhanced Edition, then I really will be disappointed !! And I'll openly jealous when I read all the new impressions/experiences other gamers have with the EE version !!
Yes, to be honest, I'll be jealous, but ALSO very very happy for them if the EE turned out to be much better Gem !! wink

Then bad luck for me I can't play the EE ... !
But I'm still very happy when playing D:OS smile !!!

You have received an offer of significant upgrade for further re-playability.
No.
Yes Period

No, it won't. But you think so, because you have no idea what you're talking about and it's painful to watch you run your mouth in ignorance.
I wish your knowledge of IT is high as your self-confidence and arrogance. Unfortunately is not.
Your information are utterly wrong but your loud voice could spoil other people.

I was always curious why devs dont come to forum often to gather good ideas. Discuss customers. When I see your performance, I can understand that they are not allowed to go here.

In the devs shoes I would find your place of living based on IP address then payed 3 street boys to teach you manners by piece of water pipe.

Different students need different type of teacher. :-]
From the article:
"Vincke: The multiplayer is right at the core of the game痴 being and it has a huge impact on the singleplayer experience as well. It痴 the essence of pen and paper RPGs, right? You don稚 play them on your own."

Exactly! I never understand when people say rpg games should be a single player affair when it was always about coop. The very foundations of the rpg are based on cooperation.
Lack of friends :p

Not having someone to play with is a valid enough reason to want single player. As an option, of course.
Lack of friends with the same interest. I really wish I had some friends who liked rpgs but mine either don't like games or not the same type of games. So it's single player for me.
I think it's all about options : a game should allow coop while letting single play also
Is the Enhanced Edition going to address bullshit balancing issues like:

Zalemk'Ath uses Poisonous Flurry: Deals 585 Poison and 267 Fire Damage killing ANY character in one attack.
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Is the Enhanced Edition going to address bullshit balancing issues like:

Zalemk'Ath uses Poisonous Flurry: Deals 585 Poison and 267 Fire Damage killing ANY character in one attack.
Are you serious? My warrior has about 3500HP. More over he casts earth shield on himself for another 3500HP. Some scratches like 800Hp are barely noticed. In this special case fire and poison damages are further mitigated by resistances. :-]
Poor daemon weakling I would say.
Is the Enhanced Edition going to address bullshit balancing issues

Good point, I hope Larian addresses bullshit balancing issues like how easy it is to trivialize mid and late game battles with magic. Especially the elemental shields which double your hp while providing elemental resistances and on-hit effects.

I don't know why they allowed int to reduce spell cool-downs.
... My warrior has about 3500HP....
At level 12-13?
... My warrior has about 3500HP....
At level 12-13?

3500HP ---> 22lvl
At 12-13levels ---> about 1800HP
His resistances for fire about 70% poison about 15%.
1 skill point to geomancy allows self cast of Earth shield for another 1500HP and poison resistance as bonus.

Your super-killing daemon is actually week, anyway.
My party was wiped out on 3-7 lvl, when its easy to find over-level opponent. And player usualy sufer by missing skill books in shops. Later 10-14lvl no party wipe at all. Later 16+ I dont remember a dead member in a battle. Final battle - pure joke.
Most epic battle I have had is the clean out Hunter Vilage. Weak oponents but epic scale, I would recommend to spawn(call reserves) about more 12 staple orcs to make it challenging. Also remove 2-3 common highlanders would help.

I hope that Larians make an veteran beta. For gathering feedback on skills and difficulty tuning.
any chance of enhanced edition having:

1) real time, and not turn based gameplay modes?

2) 4 player local/online mix co-op?

Thanks.
1) No. The gameplay is not suited for real-time.

2) It is unknown if there will even be 4-player co-op added. Even if it is, it is unknown whether it would be possible to have a mix of online and local co-op (although since local co-op works and online co-op works, it presumably would be possible).
Originally Posted by Seanshineyouth
any chance of enhanced edition having:

2) 4 player local/online mix co-op?

I'm just signing that request, as I did with any other message that had "4 player local coop" in it wink
Can anyone (Raze?) confirm that increased difficulty -- beyond the hardest setting currently available in D:OS -- will be a part of the enhanced edition?

(It may have been announced somewhere, but I've been searching around and reading through threads for a while and haven't found any mention of it.)

Thanks, and looking forward to the EE,

Geezer

Yes. The harder difficulty mode (which will include changes to enemy placement, composition and AI, rather than just the modifiers to Chance to Hit and Vitality in the current difficulty settings) was mentioned before in the forum, etc, but wasn't part of the Enhanced Edition announcement (it is one of the gameplay modes mentioned but not described). It will be officially announced when there are more details to be revealed.
Game balance will be looked at in general, as well.
include changes to enemy placement, composition and AI, rather than just the modifiers to Chance to Hit and Vitality
Thats fantastic. That is the way I think the difficulty should be controlled. More enemyes, smarter enemyes. CHange a hit ratio or HP buff is an easy way mostly used. Unfortunately it cause rule-set disbalance. Even Total war series use similar primitve difficulty control for 15 years.
Althou Neverwinter Nights by Bioware had such a feature that encouter scale depends difficulty and/or player level. It was quite good solution. Scaling had range. So dungeons were flexible to +/- 1-3 levels. Total enemy re-scale as Bethesda used in Elder scroll series is counter productive. Fight against a super-atomic-rat who can rip off half of the imperial army is not so fun.
I hope that the game reviwers will be fed, so we will see a flood of re-review all over the internet. I wish you more sells, you deserve it.

Yes. The harder difficulty mode (which will include changes to enemy placement, composition and AI, rather than just the modifiers to Chance to Hit and Vitality in the current difficulty settings) was mentioned before in the forum, etc, but wasn't part of the Enhanced Edition announcement (it is one of the gameplay modes mentioned but not described). It will be officially announced when there are more details to be revealed.
Game balance will be looked at in general, as well.

Great news, since the difficulty mods I've found, while noble efforts, haven't fully satisfied! Thanks very much for confirming, Raze. (Apologies if I missed the earlier detailing of it -- I thought I'd read the entire thread.)

And thanks again for your continued, tireless, patient support on these forums. The reliable info and straight answers are much appreciated.

- Geezer
Will it be more stuff like other body-types or other playable races?

Other playable races would require the equivalent of a whole new game to be done properly (there would need to be different faction attitudes, different dialogue so NPCs would react differently, alternate quests or quest solutions, etc). Also, it would be a little limited with primarily humans in the game for friendly NPCs.
Originally Posted by Niilze
Will it be more stuff like other body-types or other playable races?

Other playable races are pretty unlikely. During the kickstarter, Larian said they didn't include them because if they did so, they'd want to do it right, meaning adding proper dialogue responses for other characters, and that would be too much dialogue.
Then perhaps only the bodytype would be a maybe? Would like to be a less bulky rogue.

Theoretically it is possible (the henchmen have different body types); I don't know if it is on a to-do list, or just a nice-to-have-if-there-is-time list, though.
Hello Everyone!

Today we are very excited to announce [b]Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Made me a happy panda! *drool*

the Enhanced Edition also features:

• All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
  • New quests, new characters, and new content
  • A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
  • Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
  • And much more to be announced in the coming months!

Not seeing this on the list - but will the soundtrack be re-recorded/finished?

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

OK, you just made me a very, very, VERY sad panda.

Any chance for a DirectX 10 patch? *puppy eyes*

In the comments of the latest blog post, it was mentioned that there is an OpenGL build for Windows, but there were problems with it. Assuming it is still being worked on, or there is enough time available to be able to continue to work on it, if those problems are solved (don't know if the issues are more with the game engine, or with OpenGL in Windows), that could maybe possibly help with the DirectX 11 requirement (don't know what version OpenGL support would be required).
One can hope, I suppose... Would hate to have to sell a kidney to buy a new PC I only have so many laugh
(don't know if the issues are more with the game engine, or with OpenGL in Windows), that could maybe possibly help with the DirectX 11 requirement (don't know what version OpenGL support would be required).
Some other engines allowed to choose shader model. Actualy it is the main differnece beteween 10 and 11. Therfore a game made for DX11 use by shaders of DX10 runs on old graphic cards. As long as you have DX9 rendering core tuned, that would be more stright forward solution then OpenGL API.

Anyway there is about 17% general performance gain between DX9 and DX11. So you could buy a used old graphic card for 50Eur you get much better result. For example Nvidia gtx 570 on E-bay. In fact its a price of a full game. laugh

Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt
One can hope, I suppose... Would hate to have to sell a kidney to buy a new PC I only have so many laugh
Well, you could keep your kidney. Send me your girl-friend for a weekend. I will send her back with a card you need. horsey

In the comments of the latest blog post, it was mentioned that there is an OpenGL build for Windows, but there were problems with it. Assuming it is still being worked on, or there is enough time available to be able to continue to work on it, if those problems are solved (don't know if the issues are more with the game engine, or with OpenGL in Windows), that could maybe possibly help with the DirectX 11 requirement (don't know what version OpenGL support would be required).

Always wondered why games that support Linux/OSX obviously have working OpenGL support yet you can't use it on Windows. Probably just not worth the effort making it bulletproof when everyone has DX anyway.

In the late 90's it was more common to have multiple API support.

Remember when Bioware said that Dragon Age: Origins' franchise would be kept as a PC exclusive, and the markets of Mass Effect and Dragon Age essentially being different beasts entirely, appealing to different people, and that one would focus on cinematicism and the other a more hardcore RPG experience?

I find it hard to believe that Vincke has somehow come up with a way to bypass the inherent limitations of the console format and controllers. I have no doubt in my mind that he is serious in not wanting to dumb things down, but the fact of the matter is that we've heard this line countless of times, and it's never been true at the end of the day.

Multi-platform always compromises gameplay, choices and controls. No exceptions. It's naive bordering on the absurd to think that D:OS:EE would be an exception just because you're fed a quotable marketing line. They've already shown that they give zero fucks about previous customers and have no qualms with giving the big middle-finger in what was supposed to be an extensive patch, not a new game.

I'd recommend you save your criticisms for a time when you can justify them...;) At this moment they are completely unjustifiable: Bioware/EA is not Larian--it can't get much simpler than that...;) Right now all you are doing is speculating about software that hasn't been released.

I love D:OS, I've recently started my *fourth* playthrough, but will admit it's finally getting a bit long in the tooth...;) But that's OK, most games I won't replay at all or maybe just once, years later, etc. Getting this EE version is an unexpected treat...!

Injecting a console controller into the game could as easily mean that while the game is playable with a controller, it's still better to play it through with the keyboard & mouse. Adding controller compatibility doesn't automatically mean the controller becomes the preferred method of navigating through the game. I can imagine a rather clumsy controller interface because to me all console controllers are clumsy & primitive...;) To that end, the current consoles, PS4 & xBone *are* themselves PCs now, in every sense of the word--admittedly they are scrawny PCs but that's what they are. It's a different breed from the 360/PS3 days--so I don't see Swen as having to compromise anything to include them.

I think you are just shooting yourself in the foot by lambasting the product before you've even looked at it. I understand your criticism generally & it is true that some games are first built for consoles and then later ported to the PC, along with their correspondingly clunky interfaces, but D:OS is the opposite of that scenario, isn't it?
Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt

You must not have looked at what it takes to build your own box these days...;) Sans monitor, you can build a very powerful desktop for $700-$800 (hopefully, your kidney would bring a lot more than that), and that's with handpicked, retail-grade AAA hardware components with nice, long factory warranties and terrific driver support. That's not a whole lot more than either a PS4 or xBone will cost you, but your box will run circles around either of those (and be able to perform far more tasks, too)...;)

Originally Posted by SniperHF

Always wondered why games that support Linux/OSX obviously have working OpenGL support yet you can't use it on Windows. Probably just not worth the effort making it bulletproof when everyone has DX anyway.

In the late 90's it was more common to have multiple API support.

OpenGL support under Windows is very good, currently, but OpenGL as an API doesn't have a company behind it that creates the tools that game developers need and prefer, as 99% of game developers today don't code in assembly any more...;) Microsoft provides excellent developer tools and resources, which has caused D3d to flourish. Unlike every D3d release since 9.0c, D3d12 will be a watershed moving forward--but it will be a couple of years before games begin to require D3d12--but they will...Some independent people are going to attempt to bring similar changes to the OpenGL API and I hope they do, but it will be nowhere near as organized or rapid as Microsoft developer support for D3d12 will be...

I know it's asking a lot but a version in Portuguese would be divine!

The group DivinityPT did a Portuguese translation for D:OS (Facebook). I don't know what state it is in, though, or if an official release may be possible.
Was surprised when I heard this. Grats and thank you Larian! Hope to buy more great rpgs from you.
Will the 'beat and burglar' dlc be included in the EE or should i better play these Chars right now?

Thanks, Alex
Of course they're included. Why would they be removed?
Lalalalarian.
Love you guys. Best collectors edition of a game that I have ever bought.
cool
Pleeeeeease add an import character feature for co-op play!
I dont care about transfering from vanilla to EE.

Thanks!

The game keeps track of the relationship between the main characters, as well as between both and the companions / henchmen and NPCs. The results of dual dialogues can effect character traits, and help determine character progression.

It isn't possible to transfer characters between saves. In an aRPG with respawning opponents and simplistic quests that don't influence the character, or vise versa, you can move a character between different saves; that isn't the case with D:OS.
After reading this, what else can I say?

Proud to be Belgian. Larian is pretty much shaping up to become the CDProjekt Red of Belgium

Can't wait to play this on PS4!!

Cas
Hey all,

first of all big thanks to Larian, I am really looking forward to the EE version of the game.

After reading through this Topic a little bit I think there are some big misunderstandings going around. Though I too think, that Luckyman is not really nice he has a point. Ofc there will not disapear anything from the base game, but there maybe be less improvments due to a console port, simply because if I were a console player I would want the same amount of content and quality as everyone else who plays the game. Understandable and even though this issuse may be avoided with the Ui by having 2 versions, you cannot do that for gameplay or graphics and since consoles are simply not able to handle what a Pc could handle, there is a possibility that stuff that could have been done on Pc only wont make it into the game, because Larian has to be equall to both Pc and console. You should never think that any companie is immune to that since even CDPR had to dumb down The Witcher 3, not really a matter in my opinion but even a customer friendly group like them has to be somewhat equal.

On the other side I cant understand someone who cant even afford a 30-60€ Graphiccard complaining about Pc games. You most definitly have other issuses that you should adress first.

At the end of the day Im just happy to see that D:OS is still worked on and I really hope the EE will surpass the Original in so many ways.
Thanks again Larian.
Can a kickstarter backer who chose steam for D:OS switch to GOG for the EE? I don't want to be trouble as I'm sure you guys have plenty of more important things to do. Now that GOG has the autoupdates thanks to Galaxy, I don't need steam anymore. I only chose steam at the time for the auto patches. Either way, Larian has a customer for life here. You guys are the best! I can't wait till October or until the new kickstarter!

Unfortunately, no. The EE is being automatically added to Steam and GOG libraries, depending on where they have D:OS. Trying to manage exceptions to that wouldn't be very feasible.
I figured it would be a nightmare to sort out. Thanks for the reply!
Really hoping this will release before the end of the D:OS 2 Kickstarter laugh

The target for the EE release is late October.

The target for the EE release is late October.

Thanks for this info Raze. This is exactly what I was hoping to find out.
Yeah, thx Raze. Want to play d:os again, but the enhanced edition.

A question, is the split screen option for consoles only?

Can 2 players play on the same pc? One with xbox 360 controller, another with keyboard an mouse.

The PC version does support split screen local co-op, but just when using two controllers.
Ok, thx for the info.

The PC version does support split screen local co-op, but just when using two controllers.

Thanks, thats the most important Question for me. I will buy later this Year(or maybe next) also the Retail Version of Divnity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for PS4, because i want a Retail Version of the Game(bought it back then on Steam) as well i travel lot with my PS4/XboxOne(make gamingweekends aka Lan Party`s with Friends) and such Game is nice to have everywere, but not day-one(there are too much games which come out this year), thats why i hoped that i can play that Game on PC Splitscreen with Friends while i wait for the PS4 Version to get!

Awesome - you guys do a great job.
(and sorry for my english, i`m not an English Native)
And I want to play it with my wife ))

the game of course.
I'm just gonna hope the EE will not go for even more patching again...
Originally Posted by Raito
I'm just gonna hope the EE will not go for even more patching again...

Hmmm, good point. I hope that the EE release is stable without the need to patch.
I haven't played D:OS yet but I pledged the $50 to get the D:OS EE when it is released and D:OS 2 when it is released. I can't wait, I've read so many good things about the Divinity Series. I'm excited.

It's painfully evident that you can't tell the difference between a real-time game and a turn-based game.

Please explain to me, hypothetically, how a PC version of Checkers would have its features cut if it were ported to consoles.

There is not a single multiplatform game in the history of gaming that didn't suffer due to being, well, multiplatform.

Blood Bowl.

it was impossible to make it fit in a console UI.

Size is not the issue at all. There's simply a difference in navigating UI with a mouse and navigating UI with a controller. Is it annoying? Sure.

Does it require removing features? Oh, please.
Hello smile . Can anyone please tell me is EE going to have improved targeting system? Maybe bigger hitboxes on enemies or something. It was realy annoying to missclick and walk instead of attacking. >_<

There should be improvements to targeting.
I bought Divinity Original Sin Limited CE directly from Larian will I be able to get the Enhanced Edition for free or do I need to buy it separately?
Thanks for the info either way.

The retail versions of the game were all Steam, so you'll get the EE for free, automatically added to your Steam Library.
I bought this first release a month ago and haven't been able to get around to it but have wanted to start it lately. Just wondering if its worth waiting for the enhanced edition? Also am worried I'd wait for the enhanced then hear how everyone says the original was so much better lol.

If you have time to play the original in the next month, then you could do so. There are lots of additions and changes in the Enhanced Edition which will make it better, though. That includes UI changes and Journal / dialogue updates, etc, that are objectively better, as well as balancing changes, etc, that could potentially cause some complaints that specific things were better the old way. Overall, though, I expect the response to the changes to be favourable.
You'll still have the original, though, so in the unlikely event that the consensus was the original was better, you'd still be able to play it (or play both, switching back and forth).
This has probably been asked already, but will the Enhanced Edition have additional random encounters? One of my issues with the current version is that it feels too linear in the sense that you had to know where to go & in what order. The other being that I like to grind a little, there were few random encounters in it so when I went to a new area I simply got cut to pieces as I was generally too low a level to take those baddies on.

No grinding was added, but there were changes to give a better idea of where to go in some situations.

No grinding was added, but there were changes to give a better idea of where to go in some situations.

OK
Anyway to upgrade to the Digital Collector's Edition from Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition, featuring its digital soundtrack, Zandalor's Trunks of Epic Intelligence, a Kickstarter Potion, and behind-the-scenes documents and development footage?

There is no collector's edition of the Enhanced Edition; that was a mistake in the Kickstarter tier description (someone looked into fixing that, but there is a rather involved procedure to get a description changed once anyone has backed a tier).
The EE will include the Source Hunter DLC for everyone.

There is no collector's edition of the Enhanced Edition; that was a mistake in the Kickstarter tier description (someone looked into fixing that, but there is a rather involved procedure to get a description changed once anyone has backed a tier).
The EE will include the Source Hunter DLC for everyone.

What about the digital soundtrack, Zandalor's Trunks of Epic Intelligence, a Kickstarter Potion, and behind-the-scenes documents and development footage?

That's (almost) all in the Source Hunter DLC, which is likely what the person who copied the D:OS Kickstarter description was intending to get, and accidental included the collector's edition mention.
There is no Kickstarter potion. There was a problem getting it to trigger one of the desired effects (message on the main menu), so that was added to the Kickstarter code (entered when creating a profile, to enable any personalized content from the Kickstarter rewards).

That's (almost) all in the Source Hunter DLC, which is likely what the person who copied the D:OS Kickstarter description was intending to get, and accidental included the collector's edition mention.
There is no Kickstarter potion. There was a problem getting it to trigger one of the desired effects (message on the main menu), so that was added to the Kickstarter code (entered when creating a profile, to enable any personalized content from the Kickstarter rewards).

Thanks for the clarification.
Has the Steam Controller been tested yet?

I don't think so. Last I heard Larian was still waiting for them to arrive, though that was a few weeks ago. The point of the Steam controller is to be able to work with keyboard/mouse or controller based games, though.
Is the EE for PC releasing at the same time as the consoles (October 27th?)

It should be about then, if everything goes according to plan.
I have a few questions about the EE version:
1) Will the EE version be available for PS3 also?
2) Will the Last Trick Bag be available for the PC version or only console?
3) If the Last Trick Bag is available for the PC version will it come with the Kickstarter EE version if you pledged for the DOS2 and DOS EE?
I have the same question regarding the new bonus DLC offered with the pre order of the EE.

Last trick bag and Secret trick bag. Will those also be available to those who alrdy own D:OS?

Supported consoles are just the PS4 and Xbox One.

Currently the console pre-order DLC is exclusive to consoles. If there is enough demand it might be possible to release it on PC eventually.
thank you
If I purchase the "Divinity Original Sin Digital Collectors Edition" that has two copies of D:OS today, will my wife and I then get TWO copies of the D:OS Enhanced Edition when it comes out?

Yes, you will. It will automatically be added to each of your Steam game libraries.

BTW, for not much more than the Digital Collector's Edition (depending on your region), there is a D:OS 2 Kickstarter tier still available through the Paypal page (though probably not for long), Two-by-Two, which contains 2 copies of the Enhanced Edition as well as 2 copies of D:OS 2, when it will be released in about a year and a half.
Hi,

I was wondering, if I paid on kickstarter for one copy of D:OS2 and one D:OSEE, am I going to get the EE on release date?

I just hope I do not have to wait till OS2 is released. think

Yes, you'll get it on release.
There will be a reward management site set up in the next couple of weeks, and a mailing list created for Paypal backers, then notices sent out for Kickstarter updates with the relevant details.
Awesome! Thanks mate.
Does anybody know if the Linux/Osx version will run with OpenGL 3.x or 4.x?
Thanks.
Will the EE support 4 player coop online?I loved playing the original version with my friend,so 4 players coop will be even more fun :)
DOS EE will be released on 27th October 2015!

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/20...riginal-sin-erscheint-am-27-oktober-2015
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Or in Dutch http://tweakers.net/nieuws/105615/d...on-is-vanaf-27-oktober-verkrijgbaar.html
*checks calander * frown
Originally Posted by Burrito
Will the EE support 4 player coop online?

Like the original, I think it will need a mod or hex edit to play with 4 players.
A quick question (and apologies if it has been answered before):
Will original version be available after EE is released?
I know everybody who owns D:OS now will get EE for free, but will it be possible to buy it afterwards? Or will any new purchase of EE include original as well?

The original version should remain available, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if it will be included with the EE, but would guess not (just because 32 bit and pre-DirectX 11 systems are a small and shrinking percentage).
Originally Posted by Thiev
A quick question (and apologies if it has been answered before):
Will original version be available after EE is released?
I know everybody who owns D:OS now will get EE for free, but will it be possible to buy it afterwards? Or will any new purchase of EE include original as well?

No and no. You won't be able to buy the original version after the EE is out. Everyone who owns the original version will still be able to play it though since both versions will exist next to each other in the personal Steam/GOG library...
You won't be able to buy the original version after the EE is out.

Was that stated somewhere?
There were information from Eurogamer that D:OS EE will be released at 27 october. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-05-console-divinity-original-sin-gets-a-release-date

Can anyone from developers confirm that?
And, will all versions (PC, PS4, Xbox) be released simultaneously?

Also, Can anyone tell something about localizations available on start?

Yes that is correct, and it will be a simultaneous release on PC and console.

Localizations available at release will be English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Polish. Voiceovers are English only.

I recall Swen saying that but I sadly don't have a concrete link for it right now. But it's definitely possible that I mixed somthing up and what I said is wrong... think

Yes that is correct, and it will be a simultaneous release on PC and console.

Localizations available at release will be English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Polish. Voiceovers are English only.

Thank you
Any idea how big the EE will be in terms of download size?

I recall Swen saying that but I sadly don't have a concrete link for it right now. But it's definitely possible that I mixed somthing up and what I said is wrong... think

I'm pretty sure, Swen answer this question every Larian's stream wich includes latest marathon stream.
And I also recall, He said that old version won't be available.

By the way, GoG users can play both version due to possibility to cancel update. Due to DRM-free system, They can just save old version in one folder and Enhanced Edition in another.

UPD
I've found this statement in Reddit AMA (click to increase). May be I've misunderstood.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Octu

I'm pretty sure, Swen answer this question every Larian's stream wich includes latest marathon stream.
And I also recall, He said that old version won't be available.

By the way, GoG users can play both version due to possibility to cancel update. Due to DRM-free system, They can just save old version in one folder and Enhanced Edition in another.

UPD
I've found this statement in Reddit AMA (click to increase). May be I've misunderstood.
[Linked Image]

DOS EE won't be an update to the existing DOS anyway. It will be a completely different game in both libraries both on Steam and on GOG. So everybody who owns DOS already will be able to play the original version no matter what. Everybody can have both versions installed simultanously. The only kind of option question is whether Larian will still sell the old version. Personally I doubt it because that would only irritate new people who might buy the old version, not knowing that there is a newer version of the game available. I mean, there is no purpose in still selling the old version if Larian thinks that the EE is the better product.

DOS EE won't be an update to the existing DOS anyway. It will be a completely different game in both libraries both on Steam and on GOG. So everybody who owns DOS already will be able to play the original version no matter what.

I think, it is depends on not only developer's wish, But on Steam and GoG features. If Larian can remain old D:OS in player's game lists without any inconvenience (and add new game - DOS EE), they'll do. Another way, they can just declare D:OS EE as a major update, but, in fact, almost all files will be changed.

The only kind of option question is whether Larian will still sell the old version.

If Larian will sell old version, They must continue to support it, to fix bug's, etc. They can't just say: 'You have out of date version. Buy enhanced edition'
Hello Larian community and thanks for delivering us fan this great game! I have a few questions though.

The premise is that my friends and I (4 people, total) play D:OS with a 4 player mod and a 4 custom character mod. We are having an amazing time and would love to experience this again in D:EE. It is my understanding that D:EE will not support 4 player cooperation mode, only two. Correct me if I am wrong. I was wondering if:

1. Will D:EE use the same workshop as D:OS, or separate workshop?
2. Will mods from D:OS be compatible with DD:EE? In other words, can we just transfer the .pak file and play together with 4 player cooperation?
3. Is there anything else we need to know concerning mods, transferring mods, and D:OS and D:EE compatibility in general?
Originally Posted by The Penguin K1d
Any idea how big the EE will be in terms of download size?

The current QA version is 10.5GB on disk; compression would get that down half a GB, or so, but most of the data is already compressed into pak files. I don't know if the size is likely to change much for the release.

Originally Posted by FluteDog
I was wondering if:

There will need to be an update to the editor.
Since the structure of the EE changed, D:OS mods will very likely not be compatible.

I tried searching for the NumPlayers term to see if the hex edit method to enable 4 player co-op would work, but couldn't find it.

I think, it is depends on not only developer's wish, But on Steam and GoG features. If Larian can remain old D:OS in player's game lists without any inconvenience (and add new game - DOS EE), they'll do. Another way, they can just declare D:OS EE as a major update, but, in fact, almost all files will be changed.

The EE version will appear as a separate entry on user's shelf (at least on GOG). It will be a completely separate product, so there will be no 'rollback' option. Like LordCrash wrote, both could be installed separately.

I was just wondering if there might be such change in EE that some people would prefer the original version instead. And if there are any disadvantages to having both available on shelf even with fresh EE purchase.
By the way, Will Zandalor's Trunks be enhanced in this edition? =)
Hello Larian community and thanks for delivering us fan this great game! I have a few questions though.

The premise is that my friends and I (4 people, total) play D:OS with a 4 player mod and a 4 custom character mod. We are having an amazing time and would love to experience this again in D:EE. It is my understanding that D:EE will not support 4 player cooperation mode, only two. Correct me if I am wrong. I was wondering if:

1. Will D:EE use the same workshop as D:OS, or separate workshop?
2. Will mods from D:OS be compatible with DD:EE? In other words, can we just transfer the .pak file and play together with 4 player cooperation?
3. Is there anything else we need to know concerning mods, transferring mods, and D:OS and D:EE compatibility in general?

There will need to be an update to the editor.
Since the structure of the EE changed, D:OS mods will very likely not be compatible.

I tried searching for the NumPlayers term to see if the hex edit method to enable 4 player co-op would work, but couldn't find it.

Thanks. Can I get confirmation from a developer please?
I was just wondering if there might be such change in EE that some people would prefer the original version instead.

Everyone still on a 32 bit version of Windows or with a pre DirectX 11 video card that can not be upgraded will prefer the original (though dual booting Linux might help in either case).
In terms of content, I suppose there could be some people disappointed with changes to certain skills, etc, but I wouldn't expect anything like that which would outweigh all the other changes.

By the way, Will Zandalor's Trunks be enhanced in this edition? =)

I'm not sure if any dialogue was added for them.

Thanks. Can I get confirmation from a developer please?

Patches for D:OS required updates to the editor. Patches for D:OS that changed file structure broke many mods. There is no way the much more extensive changes in the EE will not require an editor update or will be likely to maintain mod compatibility.

Patches for D:OS required updates to the editor. Patches for D:OS that changed file structure broke many mods. There is no way the much more extensive changes in the EE will not require an editor update or will be likely to maintain mod compatibility.

In addition to keeping the workshop separate, you should create another SKU for the new editor whenever you release it. Divinity Editor Enhanced, or something.

Separate entry in the list.
I've noticed pre-orders for DOS:EE on consoles comes with a new DLC pack: The Last Trick Bag. Will this DLC also be available on PC?

No. From the Kickstarter comments:
At the moment the Last Trick bag is a pre-order incentive for console versions only. It's a required thing to get certain levels of visibility in the console distribution world. There's no plans to put it on PC right now, but if there's really a demand, we could probably look into it over time.
I've just played a few hours(more than few, really :P) and discovered the beauty of DOS on my friend's computer. I really like DOS but the DOS:EE is coming soon so I'm wondering what would be the price of the Enhanced Edition. The Pre-order on the consoles are $60, will it be the same for PC?

It will not be the same, AFAIK, but the PC price has not been announced.

It will not be the same, AFAIK, but the PC price has not been announced.

Thanks for the reply, do you recommend going through DO then only play the EE?

At this point you might as well wait for the EE to play, unless you have a lot of free time in the next couple weeks and want to play D:OS, or are curious to see the differences between the two.
I have seen the new EE trailer, but it only mention the PS4 and Xone version available on Oct. 27. Is the PC (Win,Osx,Linux) version still on track?

Thanks
Originally Posted by maVster
I have seen the new EE trailer, but it only mention the PS4 and Xone version available on Oct. 27. Is the PC (Win,Osx,Linux) version still on track?

Thanks

I would very much like to know this as well!

I backed D:OS2 at the level where I get both a copy of the EE version as well as D:OS2 and was wondering when we would get the key to be able to play the EE version of the first one.

I've never played the first one so I'd LOVE to get my hands on it asap :D:D:D

Yes, AFAIK the PC version is still on track.

There will be a Kickstarter update when the reward management site is set up in the next couple of weeks about that and how to choose a Steam or GOG key for the EE, if applicable.
Raze,

I made it through page 7 before I couldn't stomach another woe-is-me post from Luckmann so I skipped to the end, therefore I don't know if anyone has asked about a Mac editor.

First of all I would like to reiterate that no one was "cheated" who received exactly what was promised: the game and, in many of our cases, the Kickstarter extras. Anything else is a bonus but not a right. Having said that, I was extremely disappointed that Mac users did not get the Divinity Editor (I bet Luckmann did - is THAT fair?)

Please tell me that Mac users haven't been ignored again!

While parts of the editor are being rewritten and extended for D:OS 2, I don't know if the changes made thus far remain compatible with the EE (let alone replace all the Windows only components). Even if it were compatible, switching over to a work in progress editor branch while trying to finalize the game would be a tad risky.
Unfortunately, the editor has not been ported to OSX, and Windows remains the primary development platform.
I got nothing to complain or ask, I just wanted to post how incredibly anxious I am to get the EE and replay/rediscover this beauty of a game !
Only 1 week left, can't wait, wish you luck and a smooth endspurt as well as many sales on the consoles and PC.
I just have to reload DOS again from Steam and wait for the EE version.
It is confirmed that Mac and Linux version will arrive in December......I was hoping to be able to play on the 27th.....:(
today i got my ps4 version from amazon. feels great to play!
but i wonder why it has no trophies ... i already downloaded the 1.01 patch but it still has no trophies ...
Just bough a new 12 macbook which has an intel hd 5300 graphic card.......do you guys think is it enough to decently play DOS:EE?
a 5300 should not be strong enough to handle dos. maybe in low settings u can achieve some mediocre fps.

Mac specs have not been announced yet, but the Windows ones didn't change a lot from D:OS (there were graphical updates to the game, but also engine optimizations and multithreading improvements), other than the switch to 64 bit and using DirectX 11.
Hi.

Not to be a pain, but is there a definite date and hour of release of EE on PC?
I'm asking because i wanted to invite a friend to play over on Tuesday (in Europe), but if there's no game, there's pretty much no point for the evening (yeah i don't like her that much to do anything else :D)

I know sometimes steam releases are late so if it's like 7PM EST, it's ko for us, so we'll have to do this some other day.

Thanks.

I don't know if the release time (or timeframe) has been determined yet. If it is known to a reasonable degree of certainty, it may be announced Monday.
I have seen videos of the "Original" sin played on intel HD 3000 ......... I thought the intel hd 5300 was going to be enough....keeping my fingers crossed than.........
Does anybody knows if the game is more CPU or GPU driven?

For the Steam version at least (and presumably GOG), the plan is to release the EE by 10am PST on Tuesday. Google for time zone conversions, or use something like the World Time Buddy site.
So Enhanced Edition for Mac will not be released on 27th Oct?

No, the Mac and Linux versions should be released in December.
Noooooooooooo! I was going to spend the next few weeks on the game! cry cry cry
Just when owners in Asia region can download this EE?
Hey,

Im not entirely sure about something and am hoping one of you awesome guys can help me :)

I really want to grab the game as i have missed it till now, i cant see any options for buying EE on pc, i understand that people who have the game already will get it for free on PC. Has this already occured? My problem is that i dont want to grab a copy today and wont get EE as release is tomorrow... or is it still ok to get original today and if i register before tomorrow i will get EE too?

thanks!!
Originally Posted by Ah_Sen
Just when owners in Asia region can download this EE?

Release is planned for 10am PST on Tuesday, so that would be 1am Wednessday in Singapore, for example. I don't know if there will be any pre-load, so you would be able to set it to download overnight.

Originally Posted by Conglacio
is it still ok to get original today and if i register before tomorrow i will get EE too?

Yes. Actually, even if you don't redeem a code for the original before the EE is released (ie if you order a disk version, which is Steam), you will still get the EE.
Great, thanks Raze!
Hello!

I just saw the video trailer for the EE on PS4, since I own a PS4 and a PC I downloaded the game on the PC (torrent, sorry) to test if it runs ok on my PC and it does! Great!

Since the PC version is cheapier in my country (Brazil) I was wondering if all features of EE of PS4 version will be on PC too, I intend to play this game with my wife (we're currently playing Diablo 3 on PS4) but i'm not sure if the PC EE will feature Split Screen Couch Co-op and Gamepad suppport, if not we will buy the PS4 version.

So, the EE on PC is the same as EE on PS4?

Thanks! Divinity looks like an awesome game!

Yes, the PC version has split screen local co-op, as long as you are using two controllers.

Yes. Actually, even if you don't redeem a code for the original before the EE is released (ie if you order a disk version, which is Steam), you will still get the EE.

That's good to know, I never bothered redeeming my disc key from the kickstarter.
Ahh! Balls! I won't get it till the 28th and I'm working in the morning! At least I've got a night shift on the 29th, so I'm a going to play all night smile
Thanks for the info. So it should be released Tuesday 7pm in Europe.

Great!
Great to know, thanks!
Ah, so that's why gamemania still has the original release. And i guess they will sell the enhanced edition as well? I play on the pc, so i go for the pc version. I was at the gamemania store in groningen today and for a little while i was thinking of getting the game. But at the end i didn't buy it. And to download a big file to upgrade it to the EE version reminds me of the first The Witcher. Had bought that game and after some time cdprojekt red came with an enhanced edition, but the ones who already owned the original release could get a big file of 4 GB to turn the game into the EE version. I got that file then from the very slow sciagnij server. I think it needed a couple of hours to download it, so i could in the meantime eat dinner and have a cup of coffee as well. Not a big problem though.

There is no retail release for the PC version of the Enhanced Edition.
Redeeming a Steam key for the retail version of D:OS would give you the EE, as well (since the key would have been created before the EE was released). It would be a separate entry in your Steam library, so would be the full download whether you bought the retail version of D:OS or bought the EE directly from Steam or GOG.
Hi Ya

Any news on the Mac version ?

No, not yet. There is a patch in the works to fix a few issues and bring the console versions up to par with the PC version; there is no ETA yet, but I'd guess about a couple weeks. I'd assume the plan is to release the Mac version at the same time, or shortly after.

No, not yet. There is a patch in the works to fix a few issues and bring the console versions up to par with the PC version; there is no ETA yet, but I'd guess about a couple weeks. I'd assume the plan is to release the Mac version at the same time, or shortly after.

OK, thanks.
© Larian Studios forums