Larian Studios
First of all, again, thank you for backing Original Sin!
thankyou

1) Currently, there are issues with non-working kickstarter codes. If your code is currently not working, please keep an eye on this post or on the latest kickstarter update. We are working on the issue and will have a fix very soon (update is uploading now)

2) If you are still having kickstarter code issues by tomorrow, please shoot an email to kickstarter@larian.com with a clear explanation of your issue.

3) If you want to have GOG code, check out this kickstarter post : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/894881

4) if you gave away your steam code, we are implementing a system on larianvault.com to recall your key and get a new one. Again, keep an eye on this forum post or check out kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/894881

5) if you cant redeem gog code yet, they are working on getting the build up asap
I know the working codes are more important, but when will be the soundtrack available for download?
The KS Key worked, but I got no potion nor trenches in my inventory. When will i get them or where to find or is it bugged ?
Or they can be found only much later in the game, like the CE items in Dragon Age 1 ? In their case, you just didn't get them - you had to buy much later from an NPC ... Which was not very good design in my opinion ...

Maybe, but htey should let us know. So many threads about this yet....
If we want to keep playing the game while we wait for the GOG release, could we continue using the Steam version (which I already have installed) and then have that key revoked? In fact can I keep using the Steam version until I know what sort of installation method will be offered for Linux?
I was looking around and didnt see anything about this so I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I just bought the collectors edition on steam, which I understood to come with a second key to play with a friend, but I cant find where my gift copy/key is for the second game. I bought and activated it on steam, but theres nothing in my steam gifts, and no email, maybe its a steam issue Im not sure, Ive contacted them and Im waiting to hear back, just figured Id ask here while I wait.

Thanks for the help.
I backed the 65$ version of the kickstarter, with 2 copies of D:OS, but I am not sure where to find my 2nd kickstarter potion to give to my friend who I gave my 2nd D:OS key to.
I'm also wondering if the Kickstarter Potion and Trunks are meant to be in your inventory from the start?
The trunks are suppose to be underwear if you create character. From 2 red pants I have also blueish with yellow stars and number 13. They are named Underwear 1 for me. But I might be wrong.
The trunks are actually a belt item, not really underwear.
I had a physical collectors edition of the game (via high tier kickstarter backing) Which were supposed to be my two steam keys. THen I had a digital download of the game on gog selected in the vault.
Now the keys have been upgraded, and my gog selection is gone. So all I can see now is my two steam keys.
Where is my Gog key?
Now I know the keys are delayed, but there is no longer an option for the gog thing even. The selection should still be there even if the key is delayed.
Which worries me. Why was the whole selection removed?.

I currently have:
Two digital Edition steam keys.
I should have: 2 keys on steam due to my collector's edition.
And 1 key on gog.

My backer code is working, however the only reward I have is my pet. I can summon him fine, but if I talk to him the game crashes.
Thank you for bearing with us and apologies for a rocky start. Here's the current status:

-All Kickstarter backers are entitled to the DLC but for some reason it didn't activate for your Steam keys. We'll try to fix this tomorrow. If we can't fix it through Steam, we'll do an update that automatically unlocks the DLC items with your Kickstarter backer code.

-All Kickstarter backer codes should now be recognised in game.Not everybody filled in their rewards and the rewards we received today/last night will be patched in at a later stage. If you are not recognised, please mail to kickstarter@larian.com and we'll look into it. Please take into account that we're a small team that still has a tremendous amount of work to do in terms of support, so it might take some time for us to answer.

-GOG keys will be sorted out tomorrow. I would like to say 2 things about this: up to last week the entire crew at Larian thought we were going to launch with Galaxy support and the only reason you can't redeem your GOG key is that your Steam key is in use. People who didn't use their Steam key can already redeem their GOG key.

-The Kickstarter potion was supposed to unlock the "You rock" badge from in game. Because that went wrong, we just did it automatically when you type in your KS code.

-The translations being late has everything to do with our desire to work on the game until the very last minute making the job of the translators pretty hard. In the long run we think it was worth it but we realise this is frustrating for players who were waiting for those languages. In the future we will do staggered releases.

We do hope you're having fun with the game.

Have a good night!
I purchased the CE version of the game on steam for a friend of mine and I to play, when we both go in game, he has a different version of the game than I do?

1.0.37.0 - Me
1.0.36.0 - Him

Any ideas what might cause this and how I can get this fixed so we can play together?
Originally Posted by CrispinAwesome
I purchased the CE version of the game on steam for a friend of mine and I to play, when we both go in game, he has a different version of the game than I do?

1.0.37.0 - Me
1.0.36.0 - Him

Any ideas what might cause this and how I can get this fixed so we can play together?

Probably one of you got auto update disabled, check that and verify game files.
Originally Posted by Lar_q

-GOG keys will be sorted out tomorrow. I would like to say 2 things about this: up to last week the entire crew at Larian thought we were going to launch with Galaxy support and the only reason you can't redeem your GOG key is that your Steam key is in use. People who didn't use their Steam key can already redeem their GOG key.

Two things:

1) I asked for a Alpha/Beta key in hopes the ugly red warning telling me I could get one would go away.

2) I am absolutely 1,000% positive I never redeemed that Alpha/Beta key and I never gave it to anyone so I'm not sure what you guys are tracking but my key wasn't used at all and I still can't select GOG and am told to wait for "very soon".
Thank you for bearing with us and apologies for a rocky start. Here's the current status:

-All Kickstarter backers are entitled to the DLC but for some reason it didn't activate for your Steam keys. We'll try to fix this tomorrow. If we can't fix it through Steam, we'll do an update that automatically unlocks the DLC items with your Kickstarter backer code.

So the Kickstarter rewards exactly what the DLC is? I bought the DLC thinking they were different then the kickstarter rewards, and to say thanks for a great game. Guess if they are one and the same I guess I just gifted you $10. ouch smile
Originally Posted by Alrond

1.0.37.0 - Me
1.0.36.0 - Him

Probably one of you got auto update disabled, check that and verify game files.

Totally worked, hes an idiot, thanks!
can play together?

Can I ask where you found your second copy of the game? I bought the CE on steam too, and installed my copy, but cant find the second copy anywhere. Have yet to receieve a response from steam or in this thread.

Can you please clarify this. There is a lot of confusion amongst GOG users. Will non backers be able to buy the game soon, or it will be available only at later date? If I understood GOG representatives right, non backers will have to wait 2 more months in order to be able to buy the game on GOG. Is this correct? And if so, what is the reason for such huge delay if backers already can get the game there? It's quite upsetting for users who prefer to buy games DRM-free, but didn't have a chance to participate in your crowdfunding.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by shmerl
...Will non backers be able to buy the game soon, or it will be available only at later date? If I understood GOG representatives right, non backers will have to wait 2 more months in order to be able to buy the game on GOG. Is this correct?
I'd second this - it seems very odd for a DRM-free KS game not to be made publicly available on a key DRM-free games store, and a bit of a kick in the teeth for backers who supported on the premise of it being DRM-free.
I was curious to know if purchasing this game on steam while it was in beta counted towards getting the kickstarter reward or not? and if so how do I link my steam purchase to the vault?
I have to admit that this two month delay for non backers feels like a low blow. Hell even this one day delay for backers is starting to feel a bit like an underhanded plot to not so subtly shove us towards Steam. And all this gets dropped on us without warning on the supposed release day. As a GOG and DRM-free supporter this all feels a bit like a kick in the gut. Not to mention the Larian Vault version of the game was quietly and indefinitely postponed, cancelled maybe. I understand Larian are a small team and all that, hell I even understand Steam Early Access is great for Larian but it seems like this is all going a bit far now. All these things might have been taken in a more positive or understanding light if you didn't just drop them on us on the damn release day without any bloody warning.

I am slightly upset over this whole mess with Alpha/Beta keys and GOG keys and the damn discs being Steam.....I am genuinely starting to feel like us non-Steam users are being treated as completely expandable(again, this wouldn't have been as bad if clearly and openly communicated more in advance). I am feeling a lot of things right now, but these questions have been hanging over the GOG and DRM-free release for well over a month but instead of communicating that there might be an issue and openly saying there might be a significant delay all was kept quiet and the questions ignored.

The biggest problem I see right now is that I don't understand WHY the public release of DOS on GOG has to wait for GOG galaxy and who's imposing this delay, Larian or GOG? Now I do agree original Sin has been lacking exposure and a proper fanfare and wide exposure as part of GOG Galaxy's initial release would do Larian a lot of much deserved good and all would be completely understandable and forgivable but please, TALK TO US Larian, when you leave us in the dark and then pull the proverbial rug from under our feet THAT's when things start to look very shifty and the worst kind of backlashes happen.
Anyone notice the GOG version of Original Sin is only going to be 6.4 GB as opposed to Steam's 10GB so what gives? Where's the difference coming for? We're talking of a whooping 3.6 GB extra and that's not the game tool either seeing as that's a separate download. Also what's the deal with the GOG release of the game tool. I am really not in the mood for any more surprises so speak up Larian because so far it's been nothing but kick in the balls after kick in the balls without warning for GOG and DRM-free users.
3.6 GB of multiplayer related code? That's quite some client / server there.

But really, folks. If you could at least communicate this issue properly, users could understand. Stuff happens, there are contracts / obligations whatever. But at least you can tell us what is going on. Dropping these news of "wait for two more months" without any clarification / warning in advance was really not nice.
Hi. Thought I'd join the discussion. Like many of you I choose GOG as my platform of choice. What I'd like to hear from Larian is - When will the game be available/announced at GOG? Are there going to be any differences between the GOG and Steam versions? Because it was never actually clarified and everybody just assumed that they were the same.
The hell? So yesterday it said to wait for the new release keys. I had two alpha/beta keys and what, did these just auto-convert? I let another friend try out the alpha/beta to see if he liked it because I had the two release keys (or so I thought) for myself and a friend. So now I'm out a copy because of this. You've got to be joking. Why the hell did you guys put "the alpha/beta version will become unusable" on the Larian Vault kickstarter page when you were just autoconverting the keys? What was the point of the 4 sets of choices (2 for alpha/beta and 2 for release).

And how long are we talking before I can "recall" the other key? A month?
Hello,
Despite filling out the requested areas for the kickstarter backer page (albeit I don't remember if I used my user name Deiser or my real name), I checked the backer listing and credit page and I am not listed under either my username nor my real name. I did fill out the portions when they were available, so I'm pretty upset that I was not included in the list (or are dragon backers listed somewhere else?).
Originally Posted by Deiser00
Hello,
Despite filling out the requested areas for the kickstarter backer page (albeit I don't remember if I used my user name Deiser or my real name), I checked the backer listing and credit page and I am not listed under either my username nor my real name. I did fill out the portions when they were available, so I'm pretty upset that I was not included in the list (or are dragon backers listed somewhere else?).

Mine isn't listed either.
Mine is listed under credits, but im not listed in backer listing lol... oh well...

Btw, im a backer but my bag at the start of the game is empty, i dont have the dlc stuff like pants, engraving tools, kickstarter potion etc etc... And also my message in bottle says Thanks for backing, im 100% positive i filled up all the KS details needed... Anyone knows a solution?
Hey guys, GOG just issued a statement that said that D:OS will appear on GOG on 31st of August.
GOG statement
Originally Posted by Das_qDr
Hey guys, GOG just issued a statement that said that D:OS will appear on GOG on 31st of August.
GOG statement

Yes, they made it half a day ago. That was the reason why people are asking for clarification from Larian. What is this about? Why can't non backers buy it on GOG already now?
GOG statement
You clearly misunderstood that post. GOG galaxy will launch on that date, not DOS... laugh
Dear Larian Team,

I'm one of the people that fall under #4. I gave away my alpha/beta keys. I thought it would be a good thing to do to promote a game that I thought was going to be amazing, to promote a project that I was supporting with my money.

You said that the keys would expire:
http://www.gog.com/forum/divine_divinity_series/divinity_original_sin_alpha/post8

You made it look like giving them away was a good idea:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_beta_key_giveaway_steam/page1

And then you suddenly changed your mind and decided to keep the alpha/beta Steam keys.
And I couldn't get my two GOG keys.

The end of it is that I sat here yesterday waiting, seeing the different Steam issues being resolved and then being told that I have to wait until today for my problem to be worked on. In the meantime I could have watched Swen playing D:OS in Twitch while I was not able to play the game I supported, the game that already had my money.

I'm really sad that this is the way you decided to treat this issue, I'm really sad that you didn't go the extra mile to solve the problem (that you caused by changing your mind about the keys) yesterday.

Best regards,
Piran Jade
GOG statement
You clearly misunderstood that post. GOG galaxy will launch on that date, not DOS... laugh

Well...
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post77
Originally Posted by Piran Jade
GOG statement

Well...
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post77

I stand corrected. This does indeed make little sense and won't help GOG sales. Not like this is a mp only title that "requires" that component to play.
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
[b]
4) if you gave away your steam code, we are implementing a system on larianvault.com to recall your key and get a new one. Again, keep an eye on this forum post or check out kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/894881

Does anyone know when this feature will come? Or this is already available and I can not find it.

I stand corrected. This does indeed make little sense and won't help GOG sales. Not like this is a mp only title that "requires" that component to play.

Yup, it's a puzzler. I think Larian is just being overly paranoid based on their Dragon Commander experience. The key difference being MP is a more critical component to an RTS than an RPG.

Also they are probably not all that interested in trying to release a flood of patches during the first wave of release with GOG's notorious feet dragging. If Larian rapid fire releases 3 patches in 2 weeks GOG might not even get the first one up by the time the 3rd one is done.

Originally Posted by Faldern

Does anyone know when this feature will come? Or this is already available and I can not find it.

Still waiting here, it's not available yet.
I'm also not listed in the Kickstarter Backers nor do I have the potion or underpants. I did find the message-in-a-bottle, though.

Should my physical copy have turned up yet?
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
... As a GOG and DRM-free supporter this all feels a bit like a kick in the gut. Not to mention the Larian Vault version of the game was quietly and indefinitely postponed, cancelled maybe. I understand Larian are a small team and all that, hell I even understand Steam Early Access is great for Larian but it seems like this is all going a bit far now. All these things might have been taken in a more positive or understanding light if you didn't just drop them on us on the damn release day without any bloody warning. ...

I've seen a lot mentioned about the Steam and/or GOG key issues but this is first mention of the Larian Vault version I've encountered. Originally there were three choices for digital download: Steam, GOG and Larian Vault. I had selected the Vault thinking that would be more beneficial to Larian. Not that it makes a difference to me now with the Vault choice gone but I'm curious to know the reason why it was removed and if it will be coming back as a choice anytime soon. Maybe when the craziness dies down for Larian, Sven can put on his blog a game post-mortem of DOS.

BTW, just checked the Vault as of this writing and I can select GOG or Steam for both my copies of DOS. It's going to be GOG since I don't like the Steam DRM philosophy and as stated above there is no Vault option.

Edit:
Reason why Vault option was removed:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project.../comments?cursor=6958986#comment-6958985
I can't actually get a GOG key for some reason. It says Steam key delivered. I never asked for a Steam key, I've got nothing to do with one as well... The whole handling of the GOG side of things has really left me disappointed to be honest.

And I'm not even sure what the status is on my physical copy of the game, is there any way to check?
Hi all,

I am also a backer : 40$ , so my remward is two digital copy of DOS. (steam player)

How can I obtain the second one ?

I enter in game, the code received in my Larianvault account, but after ??

Thx
Thank you for this - this actually answers a lot of questions.
Hello, it would appear that I fall into the group of people that backed kickstarter and my code worked. However my message in a bottle is just a thank you and I do not have any of the other items (the pants, engraver, potion, not on the kickstarter backer list etc). Do we have any info on this or solutions?
Thank you for the assistance.
Terminal Gaijin

edit: I am certain that i had filled out all the appropriate boxes too ^^
You know there's a real easy solution to the key problems. Generate more for backers that you screwed with the alpha/beta key last minute release bait & switch. This costs you nothing, and earns you good will in the process.

Otherwise I foresee this taking a month or more for this so-called "recall key" option. At which point I'll recall both my alpha/beta keys and throw them in the trash. I don't care about the game at this point, this release fiasco has soured me completely.

This seems to happen far too often with kickstarter games. No wonder why publishers won't support you, you guys can't get your shit together. Somewhere some big evil publisher is snickering at this thread laughing at you guys and us, gullible enough to back a project by people incapable of releasing a game properly.

Last $0.01 I give you guys.
is it a new day yet? And does not "receiving any items at all" qualify as an issue? ;P I guess I'll have to send that email after all

Oh well ;p
I actually am having this problem too. I have not gotten any in-game items at all. Outside of the copy of Dragon Commander, I have not gotten ANYTHING promised from backing this game on kickstarter.
Anyone notice the GOG version of Original Sin is only going to be 6.4 GB as opposed to Steam's 10GB so what gives? Where's the difference coming for? We're talking of a whooping 3.6 GB extra and that's not the game tool either seeing as that's a separate download. Also what's the deal with the GOG release of the game tool. I am really not in the mood for any more surprises so speak up Larian because so far it's been nothing but kick in the balls after kick in the balls without warning for GOG and DRM-free users.

My friend. You should have noticed by now that the road to DRM-free expirience is wrought with problems and it's usually hard.

In a world of money and free trade, Steam has i would believe a very large portion of the market and it's only natural any developer would be interested to relesae in Steam first and foremost.

GoG's pricing policty might even not give developers a better cut (who knows they doh't have the rates public, aka what percentage GoG or Steam gets from selling one copy of your game)

So yes, i wouldn't expect they release first on GoG and delay steam.

Still, i want my GoG copyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhh
Originally Posted by My name is Shar

My friend. You should have noticed by now that the road to DRM-free expirience is wrought with problems and it's usually hard.

In a world of money and free trade, Steam has i would believe a very large portion of the market and it's only natural any developer would be interested to relesae in Steam first and foremost.

GoG's pricing policty might even not give developers a better cut (who knows they doh't have the rates public, aka what percentage GoG or Steam gets from selling one copy of your game)

So yes, i wouldn't expect they release first on GoG and delay steam.

Still, i want my GoG copyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhh

You can use GOG option on the DUO copy if you are stuck with the promise of eventually being able to trade the first one. Once you have Original Sin on your GOG shelf the GOG downloader works and you can download the game that way.
Larian: Some comments please?
Yeah, some kind of communication would be nice.
So, I'm one of the KS early backers that are waiting for my GoG key, but had the beta installed on Steam (since we were supposed to be able to convert it). I've loaded it previously, but decided to wait until it was finished to play through it. I follow the Larian website and it just says come back later to convert your Steam key to a GoG key.

So if I play it on my Steam account in the meanwhile, do I forfeit my GoG account key? Even though GoG is what I've said I've wanted since day 1?
Originally Posted by lordkosc
I backed the 65$ version of the kickstarter, with 2 copies of D:OS, but I am not sure where to find my 2nd kickstarter potion to give to my friend who I gave my 2nd D:OS key to.

That's my question as well. Do we need to open some kind of support ticket to get the second KS code? (Is there even any way to open a support ticket?)
Try putting the same backer code.

Anyway it would be nice to know when will be the possibility to revoke the keys...
From the kickstarter update comment section:
Ceator Larian Studios LLC 1 day ago
Your Kickstarter key works for both your copies of the game.

So as Godot. Said, use the same code twice.
Now I just need to figure out how to actually get the rewards in game. Going to go through the comment section again.
Thanks guys. I should have just tried that before asking. ouch
What about the KS in game items?

Why don't we have access to these?

GOG have stated that as far as they are concerned the GOG version for multiplayer support won't be ready til August 31ST.. Can I just say that this is FUCKING ABOMINABLE.

Originally Posted by wibble
GOG have stated that as far as they are concerned the GOG version for multiplayer support won't be ready til August 31ST.. Can I just say that this is FUCKING ABOMINABLE.

No, that's actually quite expected. GOG didn't release Galaxy yet, so you can't expect it to be used before it happens. However single player version being delayed for two months because of that - that's already unreasonable and requires explanation. Larian and GOG refuse to comment so far and it starts looking increasingly weird.
Oh, GOG actually issued an update just now: https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_on_gogcom_bstatus_updateb

Good news - GOG will release the game in a few days. It was their decision to delay it before, and they admit it was a mistake.
Of course I realise it can't come out if GOG Galaxy isn't out...but they knew last week it wasn't going to make it... Why weren't we at the very least informed of it... do they think it's fun just to let us stew and be disappointed out on release day.

But of course multiplayer is by far not the only problem.

It's all pretty poor.
Its things like this that make it hard for me to hold grudges against GOG, even if they ever did do something on the scale of EA.
So, when can backers expect to get their GOG keys? It would be nice to at least know how long we need to wait.
Originally Posted by norolim
So, when can backers expect to get their GOG keys? It would be nice to at least know how long we need to wait.

That is an important, and so far insufficiently answered, question.
You can still connect by direct ip or lan apperently. I'm still waiting for larian to give me the option to 'destroy' the steam beta key that i foolishly selected both because they said they would be another key for the full game and because i wanted to participate on the beta (i didn't because the game still doesn't have linux support natch).
It runs fine in both Wine and CrossOver Linux for the most part. There may be an issue with multiplayer, but my brother has been too busy to help me troubleshoot the issue (between his doctoral qualifying exams and Civ V who can blame him).
-The Kickstarter potion was supposed to unlock the "You rock" badge from in game. Because that went wrong, we just did it automatically when you type in your KS code.

Oh, nothing else ? I had thought of colourful flowers popping up because of drinking it it or something like that - the own characters' view becoming somewhat "enhanced" because he or she does see things within the game that normal characters wouldn't be able to see ... Like boulders/rocks/stones or even signposts with special sayings/proverbs, for example ... Maybe my expectations were a bit too high ...

But anyway, it works now for me, with the current patch. Thank you anyway. smile

I'm not on the Kickstarter backers list, by the way wink - but that probably because a) I had only be able to send in a small amount of money , b) because I pledged with my natural name. wink

However, RPGWatch & RPGCodex should be - as "organizations" - on the list as well (haven't been looking intensively at it yet) ...

Originally Posted by nstgc
It runs fine in both Wine and CrossOver Linux for the most part.

Thanks, I'll get it on GOG then, and will switch to the native Linux version once Larian will release it an GOG will start selling Linux games.
At this point I'm thinking the stupid box is going to arrive first.
...Day 2.....

I'm beginning to wonder if I shall ever play this game...

frown
I'm a Kickstarter backer but I still don't have the Source Hunter DLC in my Steam profile. I'm also missing most of my Kickstarter rewards while in-game although I do see the YOU ROCK message at the title screen. I also don't see my name in the credits.

I know Larian mentioned that they're having some trouble with this but that was a day ago and I haven't seen an update since.
So people missing their kickstarter items, LS said in twitter that the items are around the world for you to get. Though my question then is about the message in the bottle. I found a message in the bottle but it was only a thank you and not my message. Is this the wrong bottle or did my message not get in?
Thank you for any insight you may have.
Terminal Gaijin

apparrently most of the items are suppose to be in the dlc (from what I am hearing)
OK, if the Kickstarter items are found around there world, where are the engraving tools? That's the thing I'm really looking forward to using.

edit: And where's the letter in a bottle?
Realy loving the game and having a blast playing it but i'm realy confused about the rewards i should be getting and i'm not finding them anywhere....

a) Zandalor epic trunks - Am i suposed to have them in the start or the game or not ? because i'm not finding them

b) Message in the woods - Hopefuly it's unlocked for me and it makes sense i'll find it in a random place while exploring, but i have no way to check if that reward is unlocked for me or not. Don't want to look for it for weeks only finding out later that i don't have it assigned to me due to a bug or something.

c) Game Soundtrack. I realy haven't found it anywhere, i think i should have a digital version of it somewhere?

d) Kickstarter potion. Same as zandalor's trunks, can't find it, will i find it later and i'm just being impatient?

e) I keep hearing about Source Hunter DLC unlocks this rewards automaticaly, but i can't see in my steam profile anything related to DLC... normal?

BTW, my Larian Vault Kickstarter worked OK in creating a profile, copy pasted it and it unlocked a "kickstarter thanks" on the main menu of the game, and i'm well listed in the kickstarter backers list.

Thanks!
You're in the same position as me.

The Kickstarter potion was intended to display the YOU ROCK message at the main menu so that part is probably already working for you.

I read in this thread that Kickstarter backers were supposed to get the trunks, the grail and the soundtrack from the Source Hunter DLC which should have been attached to our Steam accounts but Larian ran into trouble and it was still being sorted out. That was about a day ago and I haven't seen an update recently.

I'm not able to find any of the other Kickstarter rewards except for my adorable pet summon.

edit: My name isn't in the credits either.

I sent an email to Larian. I'm hoping they'll get to it in the next month laugh
Been about a day and a half without a real update on the key change functionality. Any time now guys.
You are just missing your kickstarter items. I'm missing my kickstarter game. So Larian, congrats on advancing to the quarterfinals, but can I have my GOG key, please?
I got the game from GOG and it works fine so far. Got the message in a bottle, the named pet, the coop conversation and the henchman I created is there to be recruited. What I can't find are Zandalor's trunks, golden chalice, engraving tool and other digital goodies like the soundtrack and so on. I guess the KS potion is no more and all it was meant to do was unlock a pointless badge....it's cool I guess but I was expecting it to do something awesome in game....if only for show.

Beyond that, very happy to see that the two month thing for the GOG public release is being scrapped so I'm all good with Larian again. Looking forward to the rest of the tiny bits and items being added in game but those can wait. The important bits are taken care of.
That's nice, so they just changed it from saying Alpha/Beta keys to just says Divinity Original Sin and Divinity Original Sin Duo key. Those are still the alpha/beta keys though with no revoke option. What a flippin joke.
[EDIT: I have moved my post about an app crash to the new tech support sub-forum]
Guys, I've got a question - GoG verion of the game is 1.0.37, whereas as I understand Steam version got a few patches already. Will there be a manual patch option? Or how can we patch the GoG version?
Two days and four emails later and I still can't change the Steam key to a GOG.com key. To be honest I really don't care about having my name in the credits and in-game items, I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! Also, a little bit of communication from Larian would've gone a long way in mitigating frustration if you ask me.
GOG should update the game client and then inform you on their website (a "game updated" will appear below your library dropdown menu). Do not know if it will be a delta update or full update of the client. Once they have their galaxy service up and running, updates will be automatic (if you choose to use it).
Originally Posted by Inazuma
Also, a little bit of communication from Larian would've gone a long way in mitigating frustration if you ask me.

Believe me, I want a solution to my issues as quick as anybody, but consider that Larian is in Belgium and they probably only started working for today in the last one or two hours.
I'd expect some update (either infos or patches) in the next couple of hours.
Originally Posted by El Zoido

Believe me, I want a solution to my issues as quick as anybody, but consider that Larian is in Belgium and they probably only started working for today in the last one or two hours. (...)
That's no reason for not giving us an update yesterday (their time-zone).
Many of us still cannot play the game at all because they are not getting keys from Larian.
This was posted on the kickstarter page about an hour ago, I waited if it would be posted officially here on the forum but as that hasn't happened:
-------------------------------------
Larian Studios LLC about 1 hour ago

We definitely haven't forgotten about it and are busy with it. The problem here was that we needed to align three constellations but that's almost done. Everybody who didn't use their Steam key can already get their GOG version, and everybody who used their Steam key can already play via Steam. The only problem left on this front is the transition. But the save games that you make with your Steam version are compatible with the GOG version, so once we're done (which I hope is today), you'll be able to make transition smoothly. We prioritised the people who didn't use their Steam key as we figured that if people were already playing on Steam, it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days.

Apparently Larian still hasn't realised that the people who gave away their alpha/beta keys to promote the game cannot play at all. Or maybe they really think "it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days." Which is just unbelievable.
"The only problem left on this front is the transition."
No it's not. I am still unable to exchange my Steam key to a GOG key. And I've heard nothing from support, what about a goddamn automatic email response even. Just so I know whether my questions have been recorded somewhere??
If your DLC is still not working. Go to the "View Downloadable Content" window and look up it's there. If it's registered you should try to deactivate and then reactivate it.

For me the DLC only worked after I did this.
Originally Posted by Inazuma
"The only problem left on this front is the transition."
No it's not. I am still unable to exchange my Steam key to a GOG key.

Uh, that's exactly what the "transition" is. Us exchanging Steam keys for GOG flavoured ones wink
I'm also having issues with my kickstarter items. My code was accepted, I got the "you rock" thing, but nothing else.
I found the mysterious bottle near the shell, but all it says is: "Thank-you for backing us on KS". I filled all the information required on the Vault, i checked multiple times. I'm really sad about it because I wrote a special message for my son with who I play this game. So is there a way to fix this ? The other items I don't care much, but this message in a bottle thing must be fixed.
Originally Posted by Kisi85
So is there a way to fix this ?

I'll check on that, but I would assume the proper message will show up when the rest of the kickstarter rewards are sorted out (like the engraving tool, etc).
Originally Posted by Raze

I'll check on that, but I would assume the proper message will show up when the rest of the kickstarter rewards are sorted out (like the engraving tool, etc).

I hope you're right. Thank-you for your reply.
Steam just downloaded a 1.2GB patch for my Divinity: Original Sin and my KickstarterRewards/Manual/DLC whatever is now activated.

I got the "you rock", message in a bottle, zandalor trunks and golden chalice. They just appeared in the inventory of my char when I loaded the last save.

So....golden chalice is just for selling I guess ?
I will hold on to it for now, who knows wink
Originally Posted by anton_es
So....golden chalice is just for selling I guess ?
I will hold on to it for now, who knows wink

It's for enhancing the value of items you sell.
The larianvault shows now a "This Steam key can be destroyed" bellow the Steam key and it's followed by a number, but how can I activate on GOG the game since that number doesn't work as a redeem code.

I wanted to add further information to this Raze. I did find my correct message in the bottle, so my Kickstarter rewards seem to be working correctly (other than I haven't found the engraving tools yet). smile
Now the the mysterious numbers are gone also the message that the Steam keys can be destroyed. The way I read it now in my vault is as if I did make a choice for Steam, that is never and will never be the case! I want my GOG keys, I asked for them, I want them. When do get them?

And by the way I don't care about Galaxy or multiplayer so you guys may skip that part.
Your message with numbers disappeared? I still have mine.

And you'll get your keys, the same way as all of us will. Larian is a small team dealing with a shitstorm of bugfixes, localizations etc. and not on just one platform either. I imagine they haven't slept much in the week before release and they're not robots. They're also working on our problem. So relax, take a deep breath and just wait some more. In the best case scenario we'll get patched up game with our GOG keys...
Originally Posted by Piran Jade
But the save games that you make with your Steam version are compatible with the GOG version, so once we're done (which I hope is today), you'll be able to make transition smoothly. We prioritised the people who didn't use their Steam key as we figured that if people were already playing on Steam, it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days.

I have specifically not been using my current steam key because there was no way to be sure of this. GOG.com can often be behind multiple patches.
Larian now provided a link to click to destroy the steam.
"I know Larian cannot undo this and I want to destroy this key.. "

Which makes me get this error if I click on it:
---------------
Not Found

The requested URL /ks_destroykeyconfirm.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at www.larianvault.com Port 443
---------------

In short: It doesn't work.

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW! The keys are there! YAY!
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, Jade, is it not obvious they're still working on it? laugh Of course it doesn't work! laugh

But it is progress and I can almost smell the in-game pizza dough :3

EDIT: it works now. GO GO GO!!!
And I get a 404 error when i got to download the game itself.

You have to use the links GOG.com provided on their forum. I think this is temporary due to the lack of a public GOG release.

https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer1
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer2
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer3

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_on_gogcom_bstatus_updateb/post182
Nice that it works and I'm now getting via Gog Downloader as I type. Now I have a question, as I have the Music Buff KS tier, when will I see a soundtrack download? Gog doesn't itself have it.
Not out of woods yet.

Got GOG key, downloading - but steam is also still working & can't get duo pack to register - no extra game in inventory?
Originally Posted by SniperHF

You have to use the links GOG.com provided on their forum. I think this is temporary due to the lack of a public GOG release.

https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer1
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer2
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer3

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_on_gogcom_bstatus_updateb/post182

Thank you!
Can we destroy an old key to get a new steam key, or is this just for GoG keys atm?

Any you had this item in your inventory when you logged in?
Originally Posted by Skitzat

Any you had this item in your inventory when you logged in?

Mine were in my inv after today's 1.3gb patch.
Thank you very much. Destroying worked well, did get the option to choose GOG. hehe
Originally Posted by rejam
Can we destroy an old key to get a new steam key, or is this just for GoG keys atm?

I'm pretty sure I got the option to choose between the two, after destroying the Steam key. Can someone confirm that? My memory is shitty.
I would wait a day or two for GOG to patch D:OS. They are using an old version.
Good to know, nstgc. Thanks for that!
I can confirm about the Gog version, its 1.0.37, my brother who got the Steam version is on 1.0.47. So I cannot yet play with him. frown
Originally Posted by Wrshp of BAAAH

I'm pretty sure I got the option to choose between the two, after destroying the Steam key. Can someone confirm that? My memory is shitty.

When you go to destroy the key it states:

You can destroy an Alpha Steam key if you want to trade it in for a GOG key. If you are really sure, click the link below. Do not click the link if you do not need to destroy the key. We can NOT undo this. Do not click this by accident. There is no way back.
-------------

If anyone has actually done this, and seen an option to get another Steam key after confirming above,please let me know. Based off the verbiage above it seems to me you can only revoke your Steam Alpha/Beta and get a GOG key right now.
Originally Posted by Azureblaze
Originally Posted by Wrshp of BAAAH

When you go to destroy the key it states:

You can destroy an Alpha Steam key if you want to trade it in for a GOG key. If you are really sure, click the link below. Do not click the link if you do not need to destroy the key. We can NOT undo this. Do not click this by accident. There is no way back.
-------------

If anyone has actually done this, and seen an option to get another Steam key after confirming above,please let me know. Based off the verbiage above it seems to me you can only revoke your Steam Alpha/Beta and get a GOG key right now.

I ended up trying it myself and here is what I found:

I can confirm, that after you destroy your key it gives you a drop-down for STEAM OR GOG where you can see your keys displayed, and it DOES give you a different Steam key if you select Steam again!

Woot!
Someone knows when we will receive the other digital non-ingame rewards not covered by the Source Hunter DLC, like the artbook?
What happened to the engraving tools?
Originally Posted by LordCrash
What happened to the engraving tools?

I'm still missing engraving tool, digital map and Kirill's Early Work Digital Soundtrack, just like everyone who bought those tiers. I was told by support that they were working on getting these implemented through the vault.
I guess we'll just have to be patient...again
You know this all thing with GOG keys is complete bullshit. I got one GOG key and one Steam key - the reason for the later is because larianvault didn't have an option of GOG key DUO at that time, and when I tried to see the alternative selection I accidentally pushed the Deliver button. No, i get a reply from larian support:

Since the key has already been claimed, it can no longer be revoked.

As a last option, you could try to find someone who hasn't claimed a key yet and wants a Steam key.
He/she could then pick the GOG option and you could trade keys.

Now, I'm stuck with GOG and Steam keys, and I and my friend can't play together because GOG still has the 1.0.37 version. Why the hell did you even list GOG as an option if it doesn't receive the same amount of support as Steam, you could've said that it's a Steam only game and release it on GOG in august. I'm not even sure I even want the GOG version now, because these few days showed that it is going to be inferior to Steam one,
F*** you Larian.
It's not really Larian's fault that GoG is slower to publish updates. It's the reason they used Steam on the physical discs, because it's easier to patch "day one" with Steam, than with GoG or even their own Larian Vault.
Yeah, seems to be a theme that Larian is being blamed for GOG shortcomings.
If you want DRM free etc and use GOG then yes there are some consequences to it.
GOG simply doesn't have as many users as Steam so it's system isn't as agile as steam and things will take a little longer... deal with it, it was your choice to choose GOG and not Larians.
Larian is doing it's best to get everything up and running so if you have to wait a day or two DEAL WITH IT. It's just a day or two... and I understand you all want to play the game etc, but the guys from Larian are already busy enough trying to fix and answer everything.. so take a breath, calm down and give the guys a chance to actually help you before going and flipping them off.
Originally Posted by Garod
Yeah, seems to be a theme that Larian is being blamed for GOG shortcomings.
If you want DRM free etc and use GOG then yes there are some consequences to it.
GOG simply doesn't have as many users as Steam so it's system isn't as agile as steam and things will take a little longer... deal with it, it was your choice to choose GOG and not Larians.
Larian is doing it's best to get everything up and running so if you have to wait a day or two DEAL WITH IT. It's just a day or two... and I understand you all want to play the game etc, but the guys from Larian are already busy enough trying to fix and answer everything.. so take a breath, calm down and give the guys a chance to actually help you before going and flipping them off.

Thanks for being super productive. Instead of mocking people with legitimate complaints maybe you should just ignore it since it doesn't affect you. Instead of coming here and telling everyone to "deal with it".

Larian made a choice to change the plan last minute with 0 communication until the day of. They deserve criticism on this. It's not an issue of GOGs lack of mobility.

Originally Posted by SniperHF
[quote=Garod]
Thanks for being super productive. Instead of mocking people with legitimate complaints maybe you should just ignore it since it doesn't affect you. Instead of coming here and telling everyone to "deal with it".

Larian made a choice to change the plan last minute with 0 communication until the day of. They deserve criticism on this. It's not an issue of GOGs lack of mobility.

You're misunderstanding me, I'm not "mocking" people with legitimate complaints, I'm telling them to take a breather before posting things like "f&#@& Larian" which in my opinion isn't constructive.
I'm saying, give Larian some time to fix issues for you which I do think is constructive.
I'm going to give Larian the benefit of the doubt here and say that they also didn't want to change plans on day 0 and would have loved to have a smooth easy roll-out with no issues. I think you can agree with me that Larian didn't change plans on a whim or without the best interest of the community out there.
With the term "deal with it" I'm talking about deal with the amount of time it takes stuff to fix, not that your issues and problems shouldn't be addressed in a timely fashion etc.

Also you keep saying Larian isn't communicating. If you check the kick starter they are communicating which folks have also re-posted here, if you check this thread they have communicated. Lots of folks posted that they have had responses to emails they sent to Larian.
If you are looking for a mass communication then sometimes there isn't something to communicate because things are still developing and everyone's issue can be a little different since the change so there isn't a one answer fits all they can post here, or that answer would simply raise more confusion (i.e. that D:OS will only be available in August where users were confusing Galaxy with D:OS)
Could things have been better... yes definitely... it's also a live and learn situation for Larian.
You can now turn your alpha/beta key in a GOG key. If you gave away a key, you can have that destroyed too and ask for a new Steam key. Please do inform the people you originally gave the keys to that their version will stop working. Especially if you sold an alpha/beta key. Please only destroy a key if it's really necessary. If you are happily playing with your Steam key, there is no need to destroy it and ask for a new one. This is just an option for people that played the Alpha on Steam and now want to move to GOG.
So was Larian Vault officially removed as an option? When I first made my selection I chose that, but only GOG and Steam have appeared during all the release issues.

My guess is they decided that GOG Galaxy gave anyone on the "no DRM" kick a better option and decided to deprecate the vault. I had picked it first because I wanted Larian to get the lions share of the revenue but GOG is fine by me, Steam too for that matter.

In any case, not a big deal for me but just wondering if I missed a post somewhere.
Originally Posted by bargeral
So was Larian Vault officially removed as an option?
Yes, Sven explains why here.

As for the GOG launch, it seems fair to say both Larian and GOG should have done better. Larian was slow on the keys (and initially messed up on the DVDs before offering a proper DRM-free option) while GOG's decision to limit D:OS to backers only pending their Galaxy launch was daft (and may have lost them as much as 1,000,000€ in sales if Eurogamer's figures are right, assuming GOG could have picked up 20% of them). GOG also had broken download links and a limited range of extras (not even the manual to start with).

However their problems seem to have been fixed - a full range of extras (including the Source Hunter DLC, artbook, design notes and soundtracks) are available (though only to KS backers at the moment) and people who choose GOG won't have to deal with an insecure client connecting to a compromised system, losing paid content due to account suspension or region locking. So no, not everything is greener in Steamland...
I just received the Kickstarter Collector's Box but I seem to miss out the physical artbook I was entitled too!?
Are they not yet available? As there was no note nor letter included in the package with a big thank you, kisses and so on to all Kickstarters + an apology why the artbook is not there yet, I can only guess . . . :-(
Please enlighten me, oh Larian_QA!
There was an update that the artbook was delayed, so they chose to ship them separately instead of delaying the CE boxes any further.
I do NOT have the DLC either and I paid for the $95 tier. Kinda troubling, want to make sure my friend also gets the DLC pack as well. How do we insure we get the DLC? Send our key to you?

I'm telling them to take a breather before posting things like "f&#@& Larian" which in my opinion isn't constructive.

Garod, you misunderstand me. The last comment under spoiler was target to the issue I have - Larian had changed the reward options to steam on 30th of June. I'm not the only one who had GOG listed at both options and got them switched to Steam at launch.
Second - Larian admitted that there were problems with Larian Vault not giving the option for GOG keys and that they fixed it the next day. My Steam key was an indirect result of said problem. Now, when I ask the Developer and Publisher of the product to change the key for other store they tell me - Well, you pulled it you tank it, we can't change it - This is a bad way to treat you customer, not just your backer.
Just received my physical copy of the game but didn't receive my weresheep t-shirt which I had as an addon. I haven't been following which rewards were delayed etc so are t-shirts something that were delayed and will be sent on a later date or has someone already received theirs?
Only things delayed are T-shirts and artbooks, IIRC.
I still haven't recieved my Kickstarter pet, but apparantly some already have? could someone confirm this?

I'm telling them to take a breather before posting things like "f&#@& Larian" which in my opinion isn't constructive.

Garod, you misunderstand me. The last comment under spoiler was target to the issue I have - Larian had changed the reward options to steam on 30th of June. I'm not the only one who had GOG listed at both options and got them switched to Steam at launch.
Second - Larian admitted that there were problems with Larian Vault not giving the option for GOG keys and that they fixed it the next day. My Steam key was an indirect result of said problem. Now, when I ask the Developer and Publisher of the product to change the key for other store they tell me - Well, you pulled it you tank it, we can't change it - This is a bad way to treat you customer, not just your backer.

Hope the issue does get resolved for you, I think with the destroy key option now available things should be golden for you as well.
As I said in the beginning, I know everyone wants to play very badly right now, but 1-2 days doesn't make this a bad game, doesn't mean Larian is being dishonest or any of a number of comments people have made.
Just give the folks some time to sort through it. It's fine calling attention to an issue or explaining it, but everyone should count to 10 then re-read their post before clicking that submit button.
Originally Posted by kraeh
I still haven't recieved my Kickstarter pet, but apparantly some already have? could someone confirm this?

I got my pet and so did a few others, did you put the kickstarter backer code in your profile and was it accepted? Then you just have to use the summon pet skill from your skill list.

Personally I'm missing the engraving tool and a few digital documents such as the map.
Was the pet only for a certain tier?
Was the pet only for a certain tier?

yes, I think it was 150$ and up, I put in my code and it says kickstarter backer on the main menu. I even have the DLC, the grail and underpants, but no pet and the message in a bottle also isn't there. I found a mysterious bottle on the beach, but all it says is thank you for backing.
I just have a question about the Kickstarter pet. When i summon him, I can't talk to him or anything. Is he just there to be there?. I mean I can talk to every other animal in the game with pet pal, but i can't talk to my own pet :S.
My KS code worked, I got the DLC and I see the pants in my inventory - so far everything is fine. The only thing that seems to be missing is the Engraving Tool. Is this tool still to come? Or is there something wrong with my KS code?
How do you guys get the kickstarter badge ?
I backed, have the same Email address on the forum than my larianvault account, but no kickstarter image in the image group...

OK,just realize the red dragon IS the kickstarter badge. Forget my question hehe
Steam says that I don稚 have any DLC痴, but in my game directory I found artbook, soundtrack and so on. Is it the way DLC problem was sold or I知 missing something? Things will remain this way or there痴 some hope to see Source Hunter DLC in my account some time later?

P.S.: I知 $95 K.-backer. Owe, and thank you guys for the best RPG I致e played in resent years. It痴 just awesome!!!
Check under Properties for D:OS and go to the DLC tab. You should have the content listed as separate DLCs.

I've e-mailed them about the missing engraving tools earlier this week and the answer was clear: they ain't done yet.
And I don't blame them, the fewer people it affects, the lower it'll be on the priority list.

Also, It's pretty clear that whatever part of the team is currently still working at Larian (the rest being on vacation) is really busy with the fixing of the bugs and issues and doesn't have the time to do PR, like letting everyone know of the current situation. It sounds a bit silly until you've lived the experience of running into a bug that you want to fix, but said bug is proving more work than anticipated. The outside world becomes blurred, nigh non-existent, the bug must be fixed!

Anyway, that's what I know and what I think. Ultimately, patience is key.
I signed up for the weresheep add-on and I received the hint, but when I try watching the credits I don't see my name and I don't see any indication that anyone is a weresheep. Has anyone seen where the weresheep show up in the credits?

Also, I don't see any badges for myself here in the forum and I use the same email address for the forum as I did in the Vault.
Originally Posted by tygrr
I signed up for the weresheep add-on and I received the hint, but when I try watching the credits I don't see my name and I don't see any indication that anyone is a weresheep. Has anyone seen where the weresheep show up in the credits?

Also, I don't see any badges for myself here in the forum and I use the same email address for the forum as I did in the Vault.

Same here, guess they don't finished the credits yet, my name onlu appears in the Dragon list and not in the Developer one and the weresheep list is totally absent (and the KS backers separate list only goes until part of letter C)

And just found two of my badges in my profile (except the weresheep and developer ones), need to select they to appear
I also should have gotten the weresheep add-on, but my name doesn't appear in the credits OR in the list of Kickstarter backers. Shouldn't EVERYONE be in the kickstarter credits?

Also: my Zandalor's Trunks don't speak, and I have no Kickstarter Potion (it shows up in my DLC, and verifying Steam cache yields no additional files to download).

I sent customer support an email yesterday about these issues, though, so maybe I shouldn't be posting here.

EDIT: I also don't appear to have a weresheep badge. Assuming that's something I'd see in my posts by my username. Admittedly, I don't know what a forum badge is.
Still no news on why my pet is non talkative i see. Also which badge is which? I can select these two, but what about the green K etc? What are the different badges?
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
I also should have gotten the weresheep add-on, but my name doesn't appear in the credits OR in the list of Kickstarter backers. Shouldn't EVERYONE be in the kickstarter credits?

Also: my Zandalor's Trunks don't speak, and I have no Kickstarter Potion (it shows up in my DLC, and verifying Steam cache yields no additional files to download).

I sent customer support an email yesterday about these issues, though, so maybe I shouldn't be posting here.

EDIT: I also don't appear to have a weresheep badge. Assuming that's something I'd see in my posts by my username. Admittedly, I don't know what a forum badge is.
Originally Posted by Archmage_R
Still no news on why my pet is non talkative i see. Also which badge is which? I can select these two, but what about the green K etc? What are the different badges?

The list of KS backers is incomplete at the moment, only goes until part of letetr C and the credits is incomplete too (the weresheep list is absent, for starters)

The potion was replaced directly by the effect it was supposed to do (the message "You rocks" in the main menu) and the trunks need a patched game and apparently it speaks only in certain moments

The forum badges are those under our names, I have the Dragon and Developer ones, to me the Weresheep one are absent yet (check your profile to check if you receive one, is necessary to check them to show)

To talk with the pet or other animals is necessary to get the skill Pet Pal. Regarding the badges, apparently the red one is the Dragon, the white is the Developer and the pinkish is the Divine, the weresheep one I guess wasn't activated yet for no one. The green one I guess is the generic backer one (maybe is available only for those who don't have one of the badges referent to the higher tiers)
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
The list of KS backers is incomplete at the moment, only goes until part of letetr C

The list is complete-ish, it's only missing a few backers. The list is split up into several pages that are randomly chosen each time you click to see the list. So, the list can go from A to C, from C to E, etc.
I downloaded and installed the last GOG patch (1.0.51) and checked.
I still don't have my kickstarter items.
No underwear, name does not appear in credits/backer list..
I activated my code and I have the "kickstarter (you rock) message on the menu. My mysterious bottle still doesn't display the message I wrote but only says : "thanks for backing us"...
Originally Posted by EinTroll
The list is complete-ish, it's only missing a few backers. The list is split up into several pages that are randomly chosen each time you click to see the list. So, the list can go from A to C, from C to E, etc.

I suppose it doesn't really make me feel any better to know I'm one of only a few missing from the list... smirk
Yeah my name is absent from the Kickstarter backer list but is in the games regular credits.

To talk with the pet or other animals is necessary to get the skill Pet Pal.

I have the skill pet pal, im not stupid. But I still can't talk to "MY PET" (the kickstarter one).
Is there a way to tell if you have the Source Hunter DLC? I put in the code that is from the Larian Vault in my Profile. I have the You are a backer, thank you Main Menu. When I clock on Mods, in the Add On list it is empty? Or is there something else I need to do?
I have the skill pet pal, im not stupid. But I still can't talk to "MY PET" (the kickstarter one).

Doesn't work for me either. I sent an email to Larian about it on Thursday, haven't heard back.
I'm guessing still not 100% resolved. I have my Zandalor's Trunks and I get the mysterious bottle on the beach but I still have no Kickstarter potion.
Yeap, same here. Got trunks and grail but message in bottle still gave me default "thank you for backing" msg instead of the one i filled up in Larianvault. Also missing KS potion and engraving tool. I didnt check if my name has been included in credits yet for this patch, just cant be bothered lol. Btw where do i find the "message in the woods" in game?
Originally Posted by ImariKurumi
message in bottle still gave me default "thank you for backing" msg instead of the one i filled up in Larianvault

Same here.

Also missing KS potion...

In the comments on the kickstarter page, Larian said that they scrapped the Kickstarter potion because it was a bit confusing.

Drinking it only unlocked the "Kickstarter Edition" logo in the main menu, nothing more (no ingame stuff for example). So Larian decided to remove the potion and simply unlock the logo immediately after entering the Kickstarter code.

... and engraving tool.

Been wondering when we'll get this too.
Originally Posted by RiptoR

... and engraving tool.

Been wondering when we'll get this too.

Same here, I've just reached the phantom forest.
I'd be greatly disappointed if I get it after I finish the game but it also makes me wary of jumping to high tier plegdes next time since getting those extra perks were one of the main reasons for pledging that high.
I am wandering about the soundtrack as it is one of the items in my tier. I know we got wav files in the steam directory but i just wandered if we get the full soundtrack (all the music played in the game) as well as being able to download it in different formats. I have not seen anything in the Larian Vault.
Just a quick question : I've receive my CE, it as 2 CD key in it (The one from the CD plus the extra), but the two Key are different from the one I receive on the Larian Vault (from the Divinity: Original Sin Digital Rank). So it's 3 key when you backed the CE on Kickstarter ?

To talk with the pet or other animals is necessary to get the skill Pet Pal.

At least you have your pet, still have none and no way I'll leave the pet alone at home when there's a nice trip to do. So now it's becoming sort of urgent, the Christmas gifts was given a week ago and I still can't open them!! Xmas

I didn't knew there was dialogs with the pet, perhaps because you wrote some and submit them?

Otherwise I have the pants and it's only when I put them on a female character I finally realized the effects, at first I believed it was a bug. hahaha I have the grail too. But generic message bottle and no engraving tool.
Found my name floating in the general Kickstarter list, but can confirm it looks like the entire Weresheep list is currently MIA. Seems to be the case in general from what I'm reading though. Maybe that's all still being sorted out (as my badge and badges in general for that don't appear to have happened yet either)
Missing pet, engraving tool, name in KS credits (though present under Developers...). Do have the trunks, bottle and grail though.

Given the size of the KS backer list, it could benefit from presentation changes like having 3 columns (with wraparound text for those troublesome super-long names) and the option to fast-scroll with the arrow keys. I can understand this being lower priority than other fixes though.
Originally Posted by Stargazer
Missing pet, engraving tool, name in KS credits (though present under Developers...). Do have the trunks, bottle and grail though.

I'm in the exact same situation.
Originally Posted by epmode

Doesn't work for me either. I sent an email to Larian about it on Thursday, haven't heard back.

Is there actually confirmation that anyone can actually talk to their pet, with or without Pet Pal? Or is it just a (reasonable) assumption?
I have received the Zandalor's Epic Trunks Of Intelligence, but neither the engraving tool nor the Kickstarter Potion. And the grail that is supposed to turn items gold doesn't seem to work correctly. I get the UI on some, but not all, armor, and on some accessories, but nothing actually happens.
Check the gold value before and after you use the grail on it. I've never noticed it actually changing the appearance of the item, but it does increase the value.

As for the KS potion, it was supposed to unlock the "You rock" message, but there was problems, so they just enabled it automatically.
Not sure it's the right place, I posted an issue with Gog in technical problems section:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514599#Post514599

Ie (contents copy):

I redeem on Gog the code provided by Larian Vault from my Kickstarter(Early Access Steam code transformed in Gog code). It gave me the game on Gog but not the DLC. What should I do?

It's the duo digital copy but no way I though a moment the duo version was limited. Otherwise i would had check if I could do it differently, I have ton of unused Steam codes from box(es).

Added: Crossing fingers I'll get the pet on this version. hehe

EDIT: Woo one more icon version for the game ie Mac Gog version, Windows Steam version, Mac Steam version, 3 different icons, lol. Mac Gog the best version from far, but well the Mac Steam old school icon is fun too.
I have a little awkward question. I am a backer and I can't remember the message I chose to appear on the woods, and I can't find in the vault any way to retrieve it. Is there a way to retrieve this information?
One more thing. I claimed my copy on GOG but I didn't get the DLC. How should I proceed in order to fix this?
@littleogre, I claimed my digital copy on GOG and the Source Hunter DLC was available for download, although I didn't download it yet. I'm a dragon level kickstarter, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference for DLCs.
Thank you for the feedback, Vince Bly.

I am a little in the dark here. My reward level was the Dragon Commander reward level. I already claimed Dragon Commander, but when I claimed the Original Sin GOG key in the vault only the game was enabled. Did you claim the DLC with a separate code or the did the same code enable both? If it is a separate code none is available for claiming to me.
Originally Posted by littleogre

I am a little in the dark here. My reward level was the Dragon Commander reward level. I already claimed Dragon Commander, but when I claimed the Original Sin GOG key in the vault only the game was enabled. Did you claim the DLC with a separate code or the did the same code enable both? If it is a separate code none is available for claiming to me.

I'm in the same boat, converted my DUO key from Steam to GOG but only got the base game when I redeemed it on GOG, are the DUO keys different from the other keys somehow?
Hi everyone,

I pledged 300$ on Kickstarter and I am entitled (among other things of course) to a signed collector box of the game. I haven't recieved the physical rewards yet, and I wanted the box before starting to play. My free time didn't allow me to be active during the beta, and I decided to just wait for the full release to keep my discovering of the game entire.

Anyway, some friends of mine are already playing the game, and I cannot wait to play it too. I wanted to wait for the box because 1) there are some DLC with the box that are not with the digital copies I'm entitled to too ; 2) I don't want to spend a digital copy for I may use it later for friends.

Hence the question: as a Kickstarter backer, do I have to wait several weeks longer to play the game with the collector edition, or is there a way for me to play it sooner (including the DLCs) without paying more than the 300$ I already payed for the game?
Aka: is there a way to play the game without using extra digital copies and get the DLCs?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by littleogre

What happens when you input the Kickstarter code during profile creation?
Originally Posted by Jito463
What happens when you input the Kickstarter code during profile creation?

I haven't installed the game yet, but as far as I understood (and I may be wrong here) the Source Hunter DLC has nothing to do with the ingame items (potion and pants) the Kickstarter code activates.

Additionally some people did get the DLC download on GOG, which implies that this is a bug with my code.
Durmir, the problem with physical copies is that they also need to be shipped.

Even if Larian shipped your copy on launch day or a few days earlier, all sorts of problems can arise in the whole shipping process. It could get stuck in customs for no good reason, for instance.

I know, because someone I know had a mere book stuck in customs for weeks because they bought it from Germany and had it delivered to the US.
Originally Posted by Durmir
Hi everyone,

I pledged 300$ on Kickstarter and I am entitled (among other things of course) to a signed collector box of the game. I haven't recieved the physical rewards yet, and I wanted the box before starting to play. My free time didn't allow me to be active during the beta, and I decided to just wait for the full release to keep my discovering of the game entire.

Anyway, some friends of mine are already playing the game, and I cannot wait to play it too. I wanted to wait for the box because 1) there are some DLC with the box that are not with the digital copies I'm entitled to too ; 2) I don't want to spend a digital copy for I may use it later for friends.

Hence the question: as a Kickstarter backer, do I have to wait several weeks longer to play the game with the collector edition, or is there a way for me to play it sooner (including the DLCs) without paying more than the 300$ I already payed for the game?
Aka: is there a way to play the game without using extra digital copies and get the DLCs?

Thanks!

KS digital versions come with the DLC... So you need not wait.
Originally Posted by Ezra
Just a quick question : I've receive my CE, it as 2 CD key in it (The one from the CD plus the extra), but the two Key are different from the one I receive on the Larian Vault (from the Divinity: Original Sin Digital Rank). So it's 3 key when you backed the CE on Kickstarter ?

Quoting for new page!
Same here. Anyone guys?
Update for all that are in the same boat as me:

GOG just fixed the problem and sent me new codes for the DLC. Other people with the same problem should be receiving similar messages from GOG.

Thank you all for your help.
Sorry if this has been asked before (it probably has, but I can't find it):
I've backed a tier for 2 keys.
I've also received a backer code, which I used to unlock my rewards.
Is this reward code also valid for the 2nd key? If not can I get one for the 2nd key or does my friend have to play forever without the epicness that are Zandalors trunks?
I have yet to get any physical rewards. I'm from Canada... should I be worried (about getting the physical rewards)?

Also, how do you get the weresheep AND Kickstarter badge? I'm due one and I'm starting to get scared I fell thru one of the many cracks.

El Zoido;

Yes, you can both use the same kickstarter backer code (there are not separate personal rewards for each of you).

PegasusOrgans;

I'm also in Canada, and just got my CE box today.

The weresheep badge has not been added yet. When the other badges were implemented a week ago there were a bunch of email addresses in the Vault that didn't match forum accounts, so Forktong said he would give people a week to fix that and do another update this Monday. The weresheep badges may get added then.
Still haven't got my kickstarter potion anyone got it yet?
The potion is just the "You Rock!" message on the menu. I think.

El Zoido;

Yes, you can both use the same kickstarter backer code (there are not separate personal rewards for each of you).

Thanks for the info!
Sadly the code doesn't seem to work for him (he gets a message saying it's invalid or something similar). Will ask him to try it again.
My name still doesn't appear in the credits... frown
I'm still waiting for the signed Collector's Edition, but I got the cards today in a separate shipment. Why are they shipping those separately? Is there no room for them in the CE box?
Originally Posted by Aasgaard
I'm still waiting for the signed Collector's Edition, but I got the cards today in a separate shipment. Why are they shipping those separately? Is there no room for them in the CE box?

Same here. I got cards in a separate shipment *and* cards in the CE box. So now I have two sets of crafting cards and playing cards. I don't know why - maybe because there is no physical art book in the CE box as original announced.
I'm wondering where did Larian get the address to send the items to? My address field in the Larian Vault was empty and I'm not sure if I've ever added an address anywhere. If they never sent it, should I expect a message or should I contact them?

Also I think my name is in the wrong place in the credits. I backed for $150 on the physical tier and at least the picture showing what rewards it gives states I should be listed as a developer, but I'm listed as a dragon.

Cheers for the wonderful game!
No artbook? They're actually legally bound to deliver what is part of the descriptions of the Kickstarter project.
Originally Posted by JakBot
I'm wondering where did Larian get the address to send the items to? My address field in the Larian Vault was empty and I'm not sure if I've ever added an address anywhere. If they never sent it, should I expect a message or should I contact them?

I don't think they will send you anything until you add your adress in the Larian Vault.
Originally Posted by Aasgaard
No artbook? They're actually legally bound to deliver what is part of the descriptions of the Kickstarter project.

I suspect this is inaccurate. Either way, Lar has mentioned that the artbook will be sent at a later date.
Originally Posted by JakBot

Also I think my name is in the wrong place in the credits. I backed for $150 on the physical tier and at least the picture showing what rewards it gives states I should be listed as a developer, but I'm listed as a dragon.

Cheers for the wonderful game!

Pet Lovers ($150 tier) should be listed as both. I haven't had the chance to check recently, but last time I was listed as neither.
Still waiting for my KickStarter Divinity Original Sin Collector's Box.

My address on the Larian Vault site was filled way before the 24th of June.

I thought it'd be a little bit faster since shipping from Belgium to France doesn't look like a long trip.

I'm waiting for some news smile

Originally Posted by LordCrash
My name still doesn't appear in the credits... frown

That's funny, since I actually SAW it in the credits, far before this post too... smirk

EDIT: Also, yes, Kickstarter offers NO PROTECTION at all for it's users. You can back, and the person you backed can walk away with all your money, and there's not a thing legally you can do about it.
Just putting the thruth out there...
I still have yet to see my backer potion.. also I see the trunks are called of intelligence... shouldn't they add +1 intelligence?
For the millionth time, the potions themselves were scrapped, their effect is automatically applied to your game. So far, all I know of is the thank you message in the menu screen, and I guess that's all there is to it.

The trunks are a joke item, they're only called that because you have to actually know who Zandalor is for it to make sense.
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

EDIT: Also, yes, Kickstarter offers NO PROTECTION at all for it's users. You can back, and the person you backed can walk away with all your money, and there's not a thing legally you can do about it.
Just putting the thruth out there...

It is true that *kickstarter* offers no protections, but as it says on their FAQ:

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

That said, I don't think anybody want's to sue Larian after releasing such a cool game. We can just hope that we will get the rest of the stuff eventually.
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
I don't think they will send you anything until you add your adress in the Larian Vault.

I can't recall if there was a kickstarter form where they gathered such information or not. Added the info to Larian Vault, I recon that's enough and one doesn't need to contact them again (Since they asked about this information in their latest kickstarter newsletter).

Thanks!

Originally Posted by dancingcrab
Pet Lovers ($150 tier) should be listed as both. I haven't had the chance to check recently, but last time I was listed as neither.

I guess I need to contact them by mail. Hopefully they'll fix this for both of us (and all others) when they have time. I suppose they have more pressing matters to attend to.
Here's a quick update on the KS rewards:

-The art books are printed and will start being sent out later this week/beginning of next week.
-We still have several people who didn't fill out their address (or who filled in wrong addresses as boxes return) but other than that, all KS boxes have been sent, including the signed ones.
-Signed posters are going out of the door this week (we had them reprinted because we didn't like the quality) and if all goes right, the T-shirts should be out of the door by the end of the week too (though there is a risk that they might still suffer a two week delay).
-The latest patch also updated the information for a lot of people whose info we didn't have at the time of release but who have submitted it since (pets, credits, dialogues etc...) People who only very recently submitted their KS backer info will need to wait a little bit longer.
-The DRM free discs for those who requested them will be shipped in August.

My apologies for the delays on this - a lot of them were out of our hands but we certainly did our part in underestimating the logistics of this particular part of the Kickstarter operation.
Looks like I got my pet today, but it isn't the pet I asked for. :hihi:

Somehow I ended up with a Fleshy Spider, but I asked for a Black Spider.

And while the "Kickstarter backers" credits do indeed seem longer, I'm still not in them.

Larian needs a hug. hug
Here's a quick update on the KS rewards:

-The art books are printed and will start being sent out later this week/beginning of next week.
-We still have several people who didn't fill out their address (or who filled in wrong addresses as boxes return) but other than that, all KS boxes have been sent, including the signed ones.
-Signed posters are going out of the door this week (we had them reprinted because we didn't like the quality) and if all goes right, the T-shirts should be out of the door by the end of the week too (though there is a risk that they might still suffer a two week delay).
-The latest patch also updated the information for a lot of people whose info we didn't have at the time of release but who have submitted it since (pets, credits, dialogues etc...) People who only very recently submitted their KS backer info will need to wait a little bit longer.
-The DRM free discs for those who requested them will be shipped in August.

My apologies for the delays on this - a lot of them were out of our hands but we certainly did our part in underestimating the logistics of this particular part of the Kickstarter operation.

You knew it, Swen: don't do physical! Or at least let it do somebody else. wink

Can't wait for the artbook and t-shirt. I hope they'll arrive soon. And congrats again for all the success you've experienced in the past two weeks. I don't know anybody in the whole gaming industry who deserved it more than you. smile
-The latest patch also updated the information for a lot of people whose info we didn't have at the time of release but who have submitted it since (pets, credits, dialogues etc...)
Thanks for the update - presumably anyone who submitted data before launch who are still missing items should now contact support?
Originally Posted by Elzinga

And while the "Kickstarter backers" credits do indeed seem longer, I'm still not in them.

Larian needs a hug. hug

where can you find your pet?
Press the 'k' button to open your skills. Select the bottom tab on the left, labeled 'Special.' There should be a skill there called 'Summon Pet.' Click and enjoy.
Originally Posted by PegasusOrgans
The potion is just the "You Rock!" message on the menu. I think.

THIS
Just wondering... Why haven't I received my forum badge yet?

I also don't have the potion in my existing game, or when I create a new game. I do have the golden grail and Zandalor's Trunks.

Lastly - my name is still not in the backers credits.
Well, this is my first post after two weeks of reading the forums. So far I have got all i wanted and asked from from kickstarter except one thing.

Divinity: Original Sin Digital Map ($8,00)

A digital version of the Divinity: Original Sin world map.

yes, I'm aware that said map could likely be self created with the editor, yes, i might be only one wanting said digital map and such but... so far I have not seen option to get it from anywhere or even seen anyone else mention it.

so.. my question is, yes? no? maybe? soon?

That is all, thank you.
soon...ish?
Hello
I'm posting this in a hope for a clarification regarding DRM free version.
I've already tried contacting support about it, on 8th July, but I've grown bit impatient (sorry) waiting for any response, so here I am.

Could anyone tell me, what are the odds that something went wrong and I will not get my DRM free copy of the game, since I already got a Steam version of KS Backer CE.

As far as I can tell, my tier (95$) does not give me the right for three copies of the game (checked that again just minute ago at the KS page) so the only logical assumption I can make here is: I won't get my DRM-free copy, even though I answered that email from Larian back on 20th of June.
For everybody who's ordered a physical edition of the game - Standard or Collector's - you may choose to receive a non-Steam DVD INSTEAD of a DVD which requires you to use Steam to play the game.

We'll only print these DVD's once the game has gone live (as we're still working on it) meaning that we'll only be able to send these DVD's a few weeks after release.

For the avoidance of doubt, choosing the non-Steam DVD option doesn't mean that you won't be able to play the game on release, as all backers with physical goods in their tiers will receive a digital download code on the digital platform of their choice (Either Steam or GOG).

If you want to have a non-Steam DVD, please send an email to BackupDOS@larian.com by Thursday, June 26, using the email address you used in the Larian Vault.

If we don't receive your email by then, we will proceed with sending you the Steam-DVD version of the game.

Not wanting to mess things up, I didn't claim or shared neither physical Steam CD-key nor the additional Steam digital copy from the CE that came at 8th of July. I did claim code for the beta participation while back though, if that's of any relevance.

So please, could anyone tell me, if it's already a lost cause, or I'm an idiot who didn't read through something, somewhere and I will get THIRD copy of a game (thus a second physical), later in August. Note that I don't believe that's the case. More probably my request for a DRM free copy got lost somewhere, somehow, but hey - here's hoping for a miracle right?

Much obliged and sorry if such question was already asked - I admit I've browsed only half of that topic, before posting all above.
Cheers
Whoa, you mean those of us who submitted info late will still (eventually) get to see our name in the credits?
Originally Posted by milczyciel
Hello
I'm posting this in a hope for a clarification regarding DRM free version.
I've already tried contacting support about it, on 8th July, but I've grown bit impatient (sorry) waiting for any response, so here I am.

Could anyone tell me, what are the odds that something went wrong and I will not get my DRM free copy of the game, since I already got a Steam version of KS Backer CE.

For the record, neither GOG or Steam version of game have ANY kind of DRM in the game itself.
You could do what some have supposedly done and just burn your own dvd of it (and print the dvd case covers)

so.. GOG:
gives nice installer files, easy to burn to dvd but... updates happen so it is somewhat early still to do it.

Steam:
used ONLY for downloading the game, nothing else. I don't have steam version myself but as far as i've heard and read about it here, it is pretty much "copy it anywhere and it'll work"

that said, GOG is pretty much better choice for DVD making due to included installer and all.
Originally Posted by psavola
For the record, neither GOG or Steam version of game have ANY kind of DRM in the game itself.
You could do what some have supposedly done and just burn your own dvd of it (and print the dvd case covers)

so.. GOG:
gives nice installer files, easy to burn to dvd but... updates happen so it is somewhat early still to do it.

Steam:
used ONLY for downloading the game, nothing else. I don't have steam version myself but as far as i've heard and read about it here, it is pretty much "copy it anywhere and it'll work"

that said, GOG is pretty much better choice for DVD making due to included installer and all.
Well, we can discuss it all day long, but in the end Steam more or less equals DRM for me (if only, because I can't install D:OS without installing steam/creating acc) which is the reason I've picked the no-Steam version when given a choice. And given what I've found in the similarly named thread over here, it seems I'm not the only one who's confused.
Can I do something with Zandalors Pants?
Must some of my character wear this Pants to Trigger somewhat?

I want to use belts! And so there is no place for Pants.
Funny, most of tiers have two times the Kickstarter Potion. Shouldn't that display a second "You Rocks" opa

Does anybody knows what happens to the digital Map?
How about the sound track? Will the entire sound track be released as flac, or only those 22 new tracks. I have all the music from the other games (as I own all the other games on GOG), but the new versions sound nicer. I know I can go in and convert the in-game resources, however I would reall y like them as flac.
Game is great, but I still don't have my name in the credits frown

I just double checked my account info on Larian Vault, and it's listed properly.
Originally Posted by joebar
Funny, most of tiers have two times the Kickstarter Potion. Shouldn't that display a second "You Rocks" opa

It does, in each copy of the game (2 x D:OS and 2 x KS Potion).
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by joebar

It does, in each copy of the game (2 x D:OS and 2 x KS Potion).

Indeed! up
Maybee I should install my second copy of the game to to find the trunk and the engraving tool think
The trunks should be in there, already in your inventory. As for the engraving tool, I'm not sure what's going on with that. I didn't pledge for that level, but so far as I know it's still not released.
I'm not sure what ever happened with my create a combo either. I never played the beta because f*** Steam and all they had in terms of instructions was two items to create a third so I just kind of came up with something but they never emailed me or anything and as far as I can tell none of my items exist in the game at all. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am but that's missing. Then there's the engraving tool and the way the KS potions turned out is a bit of a mess really. I guess the "You Rock!" thing is cool and all but I was really hoping for some kind of in game effect....maybe dancing zombies or something. smirk
The physical Art Book came with the post today. Very nice quality print and binding. Thank you, Larian.
I still don't have my physical reward, but I put my adress in larianvault.com as soon as it was possible, I think my adress was considered wrong so I changed a bit a week ago.

Do you know what could happen in this case ? If Larian can resend, or if we can contact them in any way to know what's up ?
Originally Posted by Alix
Can I do something with Zandalors Pants?
Must some of my character wear this Pants to Trigger somewhat?

I want to use belts! And so there is no place for Pants.

So this Kickstarter pants are only for fun and this is the reward! Good to know, so I can sell them.
What I had in mind was If my Character wear this Pants, maybe an other caracter give me an superweappon or Superspellbook (like "kill all enemies at once")
You should email them. I don't want to post the email address here but sent it to you via pm.

Originally Posted by Ulkair
I still don't have my physical reward, but I put my adress in larianvault.com as soon as it was possible, I think my adress was considered wrong so I changed a bit a week ago.

Do you know what could happen in this case ? If Larian can resend, or if we can contact them in any way to know what's up ?
Originally Posted by meme
You should email them. I don't want to post the email address here but sent it to you via pm.

Originally Posted by Ulkair

It's just support@larian.com that's public. It's not a personal email or anything.
My art book showed up earlier this week too. (In Canada, FWIW.) I haven't opened it yet, I never look at art books until the game is over, but even wrapped in plastic it's awfully impressive. Good size, great hardcover binding, really quality stuff. Thanks, Larian - now figure out my forum badges and we'll be all set. smile
Should all Kickstarter backers have gotten their physical copy by now? Or should I just be patient. I'm starting to get a little worried.

If you don't get it this week, send an email to support@larian.com, or kickstarter@larian.com.
Originally Posted by Zebulahn
Should all Kickstarter backers have gotten their physical copy by now? Or should I just be patient. I'm starting to get a little worried.

Im on a different thread thats specifically about shipments, and I havent received mine, checked at my local post office, they said if its been 30 days (or if its sea mail wait another 2 months <_<), That Larian (not me for some reason) should fill in a missing Item report (In a country different to theirs in a different time zone?), since it most likely lost(I'm more thinking stolen since it wasn't the first time, which is why I always opt for tracking). Im still waiting for Larian to return to the offices to see what they say, especially considering there was no technical purchase per-say, its more a reward, and even then the "purchase" was over a year ago. XD
...still waiting for a response from Larian, Hopefully the backlog of emails isnt too bad
Sorry I don't know if it has already been posted there but I have 2 issues with my KS stuff :
-First of all I cannot find my nickname in the credit (and yes I have filled everything on the vault), perhaps it is due to the fact that there is no "weresheep section" in the credit so far
-I still don't have the KS potion so am I supposed to find it during the game?
Originally Posted by Chaotica
-I still don't have the KS potion so am I supposed to find it during the game?

The KS potion was supposed to enable the "You Rock" message on the main screen, but it was buggy. So they took the potion out and just made it default when you input the KS code from your Larianvault account. In other words, there is no potion to find, the effect is automatically applied.
okay thanks so just have the issue of my nickname in the credits...
Received the art book today. Unfortunately the bubble mailer used for shipping it was on the small side and the book's cover was creased and scuffed while in transit. It's not a huge deal, but skimping on packaging ticks me off, if necessary I'd of tossed in some extra change for a larger envelope or a proper shipping box if I'd just been given the option. Here's hoping better precaution goes into packaging the DRM-Free version for shipping.
Any news on if we will get the rest of the D:OS sound track as FLAC? If we will, then when can we expect this.
any eta on the t-shirts?no pressure just curious
Has there been an official response about the status of the digital map? I had it as an addon but have not received it. I have seen people ask in the past but have not seen an official response by Larian. If there has been one can someone point me to it? Thanks.
oh nvm,tshirts were waiting on me at postpoint smile

such awesome,very cool
Still not playable for left-handed people. Why can you not fix the numberpad and mouse issues?
Where's the fix?
Wizzleteats, this thread is not about game design or bugs, it's about the Kickstarter rewards...

Speaking of which, I finally received my physical copy last week. I think the other one got lost in the mail. Larian did not write US/Canadian addresses properly it seems. So thanks Larian for sending another one.

Mine made it here fine, addressed appropriately.

Update Version 1.0.169 and my pet problem still hasn't been corrected.

I asked for the "Black Spider" pet.

I was given the "Fleshy Spider" pet.

Any chance of this getting corrected?

In advance, I have sent e-mails regarding my pet issue to no avail. sad
Individual KS backer issues seem to somewhat be on the back burner.

Then again, I once again don't really know if my issue with the lack of engraving tools is my issue alone (because of the patch), or if the engraving tools still haven't been implemented (2 months after launch).

Here's to hoping it will all get fixed soon...ish.

The engraving tool has not been released yet.
Thank you for the knowledge, Raze.
Cheers fellow Kickstarter Backers,

It seems that I'm missing my mysterious bottle reward. I've searched every pixel close to the waypoint shrine (South Beach) and also close to the talking shell, but there is no Mysterious Bottle (yes, I've ALT pressed). I have attached two screenshots to show the region I've searched.

Is there some other location where it could be, or is this a bug in the game? I have apparently successfully activated the "Kickstarter Edition (You rock!)" mode.

I'm also a bit confused about my companion pet. Where do I find it (I selected the Black Spider)?

Could you please help me?

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Press the 'k' button to open your skills. Select the bottom tab on the left, labeled 'Special.' There should be a skill there called 'Summon Pet.'

It looks like you have the spider pet summoned already in your screenshots, and it looks like it was bungled and also became a fleshy spider like mine.
It looks like you have the spider pet summoned already in your screenshots, and it looks like it was bungled and also became a fleshy spider like mine.

I had so hoped that it wasn't a mix up, and that I was missing something obvious. frown

Thanks for clearing this up.
Has anyone received his/her DRM-free dvd yet? Latest mail said they would ship at end of August -early September, so...
Originally Posted by Adhan
Has anyone received his/her DRM-free dvd yet? Latest mail said they would ship at end of August -early September, so...
same here
Originally Posted by psavola

so.. GOG:

Steam:

For the record... not the point!
The KS Key worked
Received my second (and final) T-shirt addon today, after having received the first one more than a month ago. No problem at all with the delay, but... both of them are D:OS T-shirts, no Weresheep logo one. I've double-checked my account information to confirm that I indeed have correctly selected one of each design.
Hi all,

I was wondering if people could help me answer a few questions I had:

1) Has Larian gone totally quiet on the Steam-free discs? I haven't heard anything since early August.

2) What's going on with the engraving tool? Is it in the game somewhere yet?

3) My name is in the 'Credits' section as appropriate, but I'm not listed in the Kickstarter Backers... should I be??

Thanks!

There should be word soon about the DRM free DVDs.

The engraving tool has yet to be released.
Some ETA for Kirill's Early Work Digital Soundtrack?
Wow, thatç—´ what I was seeking for, what a stuff! existing here at this webpage,
thanks admin of this web page.
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
Some ETA for Kirill's Early Work Digital Soundtrack?

On a slightly related topic, I had to check my Larian Vault to confirm that I, indeed, pledged for a digital OST back when. Unfortunately, there are no indications there on how to download it... I take it, it's not available yet, either?

The game soundtrack has been available for some time now; for the GOG version it is listed with the bonus content in the game library, while the Steam version automatically downloads it to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\CollectorsEdition\Soundtrack' folder.
It depends..

If you have Steam it's here

Where you have steam installed wink
SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\CollectorsEdition

If you have GOG, there must be some option to download it from there too. but since I have the steam key I dunno.
Oh, I see, thank you! I have the Steam version, but I never got the idea to look for my OST download in the game folder itself. laugh
Today I received this e-mail:
"Dear backer,

Thank you for your message.

Because we have already placed our order for non-Steam DVD copies of Divinity: Original Sin, we are no longer able to add additional backers to that list. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Lynn Vanbesien
Larian Studios"

Well, I' m a little confused. Does this mean I won't be receiving my copy or is it just a generic message to all backers?
Thanks in advance!

It isn't a generic message, AFAIK. Did you request a DRM free DVD after the deadline?
I 've just checked my messages and it seems that I sent a mail at BackupDOS@larian.com, requesting a drm free copy on 23/6, so it's definitely before the deadline (26/6)...
Hey, I got a problem that I clicked on get key for dragon commander, and it gave me a vault key. It did not even ask me if I wanted a steam key.
So now I have a vault key, and want that retracted and get a steam key.
I sent a support request around june to support@larian.com . Then I gave you some time due to all the work on DOS and the much deserved vacation after that. A month ago I emailed again and got again the "You will be contacted again in a reasonable time period." .
So 2 requests:
1) can somebody retract my vault key so I can get a steam key?
2) can somebody just remove all references to support@larian.com, since nobody is listening anyway (except for a bot), or change the autoreply to "give up, try the forums".

I can wait for the keys since a linux version does not exist yet, but I do want an answer.

Did you check your spam folder, if you have filters set up, in case a reply was misfiled?

The general support email is checked by a person and should be either answered or forwarded to the appropriate person to deal with.
I have checked the logs of the mailserver. The only reply I ever get is from the autoresponder:
2014-12-06 20:37:09 1XxLA2-00082x-PE <= <> H=webmail.larian.com [94.103.155.104]:47734 I=[192.168.0.250]:25 P=esmtp S=2114 id=708389628.201208.1417894617743.JavaMail.zimbra@webmail.larian.com T="Re: kickstarter dragon commander key" from <> for
for my latest request.
The second request was via google so I have no logs, but I also have an empty spam folder. As google is no microsoft it would always reject the mail if they are not planning to deliver it (microsoft always silently deletes legitimate e-mail in order to fight the spam).
As far as I know there was enough information in my request to either fulfill the request, or send me a pm through the forum (My forum e-mail is available at larianvault so...).
A reply would have bounced, or appeared in googles spam box. A reply would in all cases turn up in my mail server logs.
I fear there might be a technical problem in the ticketing system of larian, or that they send mail through the spam filter *after* sending an autoreply. (zimbra is a mail based office/groupware system, not a ticketing system)

To be short: yes, I am pretty sure they did not attempt to reply to the ticket. I do not accuse larian of intentional wrong doing. It's probably a fluke somewhere, but this forum seems to be the only way for me to get through to support@larian.com...

Edit:
I also noticed that the support mails are at least since november sent by <>, which is actually not done.
Before that the envelope sender was do-not-reply-support@larian.com, which at least allows one to find the errors. So they actually changed something, but the change is incorrect, since you should always be able to track bounces.
I am talking envelope senders and not the From: header.
And I noticed thay I've send 3 unanswered requests to support since june, with a not responded time between 5 months and 4 weeks, and a 4th request this saturday. Maybe they have mailfilters that can't handle IPv6?
So if someone of larian can PM me on this forum we can find out what happened to the requests and maybe turn it into a FAQ. But I get the feeling reading this thread that larian somehow looses mail.
Anyway: larian: my original request of saturday has the e-mail ID 20141206193521.GT5730@kwaak.net, which has been accepted by your mail-server @94.103.155.104 with id 690B17A411F with tls even.
Maybe we can track this ticket through the system to see if it reaches someone. If it does, then too bad (for this problem support problem, not for my original problem). I do not have logs from june and juli anymore, and I cannot look into googles logs.
SirDirty: I emailed you.
Originally Posted by ForkTong
SirDirty: I emailed you.

ForkTong to the rescue!
I got my key!
We still didn't figure out where the support requests went in the system (a new test support request simply arrived). So to others that think that larian does not answer the support mail, they do! But something seems to go wrong sometimes and it is not easy to pinpoint, but your e-mail might have gotten lost somehow.
I am grateful they are better in writing great games than in setting up a fool proof e-mail ticketing system ;-).
Was my e-mail received from backupdos@larian.com? I've sent it on 18/12.

The person or people who check that account may be off until Jan 5th.
Hello guys.

Is there any update on when kickstarter backers will be able to download 'Kirill's Early Works'

I had backed a tier that included that but I never received it in my my package that I got a while ago and forgot to ask about it at that time. Is this a digital download or a physical thing?

Thanks

I'll check on that.
Is there a way to check if my "Message in the woods" can be found in the game? I have watched through the messages by clicking on the tree countless times with most of the messages repeating over and over again but the one I entered cannot be seen.

You can open the Game.pak file (in the '..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data' folder) in a text editor that can handle the size (Wordpad, etc) and search for your message.
Don't save, of course; if you wanted to make any changes, you'd have to use a hex editor.

If you can not find it, email supportdos@larian.com, with the email address you used when you backed the kickstarter and/or have linked to your Vault account, and what the message should be.
If I bagged for two versions of the game. How do I get my 2nd key? smile

For a digital tier there should be 2 entries in the game in the Vault Kickstarter rewards list; for a physical tier there should be one digital entry and you should have long since gotten the boxed version, if you filled in your address.
I know that it's a little early to be asking about this. But for those that pledged at a tier of 'Divinity Fan' and above, what types of keys do we get for releases of the games that come out in the future. I know that there are '3' in development (one being D:OSEE), but I'd like to know if they are going to be automatically added to my Larian Vault account or if they are going to give me a choice of steam/gog keys for them.
Hey guys, it's me again lol.

Got another question.

Will our existing keys for D:OS automatically be upgraded to D:OS:EE? I know that I have 3 unused keys and I want to know if I have to give them out BEFORE the release date to have them upgraded or if I can't wait till I find a friend who might actually want to play the game before I give it out.

Thanks in advance.

It is expected they should get the EE when redeemed, even if it is after release (if not, contact support).
© Larian Studios forums