Larian Studios
Posted By: Pardona GOG Version not up-to-date? - 15/07/14 10:05 PM
I bought Divinity: Original Sin today at GOG. The current version on GOG is 1.0.67, while the Steam version is 1.0.74. Due to these different versions, i can not play with a friend over lan or direct IP.

I have to admit that i am disappointed. frown
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 15/07/14 10:13 PM
Sadly, that's GOG for you.
Nothing Larian can do, they can only supply the patch, GOG needs to host it for themselves.
Posted By: Pardona Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 15/07/14 10:16 PM
thanks wink
Posted By: NeutroniumDragon Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 15/07/14 10:19 PM
GoG runs patches and new versions through its own QA before releasing them (which is not the case with Steam). This usually means that a patch release will take an additional day or two to appear, but the extra set of eyes going over things has proven valuable in the past since from time to time they've caught 'bad' patches that ended up live on Steam.
Posted By: Pardona Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 15/07/14 11:13 PM
I see. Thanks. Additional QA sounds good. I'll gladly wait a day or two. wink Excited to try the multiplayer mode. smile
Posted By: Stargazer Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 16/07/14 03:40 AM
GOG should be releasing the 1.0.72 update later today ("today" depending on timezone).
Posted By: Jito463 Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 16/07/14 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by NeutroniumDragon
GoG runs patches and new versions through its own QA before releasing them (which is not the case with Steam). This usually means that a patch release will take an additional day or two to appear, but the extra set of eyes going over things has proven valuable in the past since from time to time they've caught 'bad' patches that ended up live on Steam.

My only question is, how does GoG run QA on a patch for a game this large? Do they dig through the code? Do they play the game? It seems an odd practice, to me. At least for new games, anyway.
Posted By: Stargazer Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 16/07/14 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jito463

...how does GoG run QA on a patch for a game this large?
By checking the Steam forums for complaints. silence
Posted By: nyarlathotep Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 16/07/14 06:28 AM
Which actually is not such a bad idea smile
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 16/07/14 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Stargazer
GOG should be releasing the 1.0.72 update later today ("today" depending on timezone).

They would do best to immediately go to .74 instead wink
Posted By: Stargazer Re: GOG Version not up-to-date? - 16/07/14 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
They would do best to immediately go to .74 instead wink
And it looks like they just have. wink
© Larian Studios forums