Larian Studios
Posted By: Vonatar Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 11:58 AM
Enjoying the game, but have been unable to get very far as my saved games will not load.

I have tried both hard saves and quicksaves, but if I try to load any of them the game pops out to desktop with "Divinity: Original Sin has stopped working..."

Is this a general alpha issue? Or is there a workaround? I am running on Win 7 64.
Posted By: James 540 Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 12:08 PM
Did you make saves before the newest update? Larian warned about that the saves from different versions are not compatible

If it`s not it is definetly bug then
Posted By: Kasad Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 12:13 PM
Have the same problem, and save was made with same version yes.

Posted By: Vonatar Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 12:26 PM
Yes saves are made with the same version. I even started again today, saved right after the orc fight. Tried to load it and CTD.

Shame as it's hard to see more of the game when you can't save!
Posted By: Knallfix Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 12:26 PM
Same for me.
Bought the game yesterday and started playing today.
Trying to load a savegame = crash and "Divinity: Original Sin has stopped working"
Win 7/64, game is installed on a SSD.
Posted By: scanti Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 01:00 PM
I've lost the ability to load saved games as well. I've tried deleting the "Larian Studios" folder in my "Documents" folder but it still doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 01:56 PM
I haven't had the ability to load a saved game since before 1.0.45. I still don't have it. There are no known fixes, but I think they might at least have an idea what the problem is.
Posted By: Goose1009 Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 11:12 PM
I am having the same issue, and with the game having semi-frequent crashes, it is making the game unplayable. Which is unfortunate, because what I saw so far seems really really cool!

I know this is an Alpha, but some of us did pay to play, expecting at least some form of stability, I hope this is on the very soon "TO DO" list.
Posted By: Vonatar Re: Cannot load saved games - 19/01/14 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Goose1009
I am having the same issue, and with the game having semi-frequent crashes, it is making the game unplayable. Which is unfortunate, because what I saw so far seems really really cool!

I know this is an Alpha, but some of us did pay to play, expecting at least some form of stability, I hope this is on the very soon "TO DO" list.

Same, very much enjoying it, but would like to be able to get further on and see more of the game. I can't play for hours in one sitting only to have to start over the next time I play. Please put this near the top of the list Larian!
Posted By: DrugstoreMT Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 02:28 AM
Ok so I put in about 15 hours worth of play time. Saved the game late last night. Played a new game today since the saved one was a coop game with a friend.

The new game crashed while I was trying out crafting. No problem I saved it right before that. Tried to load the game. Crash. Tried again. Crash

Tried to load my game from last night. Crash. Tried to load any game. Crash

Did a file check. Crash.

Deleted the game entirely. Still Crash.

Deleted EVERYTHING related to this game from my hard drive. I was then able to actually start a game again. However after I saved it and tried to load it again. Crash. Basically I can play the game but only as long as I never quit or it does not crash. That does not bode well.

Anyone have a clue what is going on or of anything I can maybe try?
Posted By: DrugstoreMT Re: Cannot load saved games - 20/01/14 02:30 AM
Same issue. I didn't see this post before posting my other thread. Ive been recommending the crap out of this game. This is VERY disappointing. I can deal with all the other issues. Except I cannot deal with having to start over EVERY time I want to play. Something has to have changed. I was able to load games fine yesterday!
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 02:55 AM
Nothing to do until it gets fixed.
Posted By: DrugstoreMT Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 03:14 AM
Well im trying everything I can to track down the issue. My home PC is pretty nice. Its got a 660ti, 16gb DDR3, Asrock p67 extreme mobo, and an I5 2500k CPU. I tried everything above to no avail. So I also have a nice gaming laptop. Asus G75 series. It has an I7 3630 QM, 8gb DDR3, and a 670MX. Desktop is Win7 / Laptop is Win8.1

So on the desktop I deleted everything DOS related. Tried starting a new game and saving it. Was unable to load that save. So I started the game on my laptop and was able to start it just fine. Made a save and was able to load the save. So I copied my save files from the desktop and put them on the laptop. These files caused the game to crash.

So there is something wrong with saved files is what I am leaning towards. The only thing I cannot explain is why do new saves on the desktop crash also. New files on the laptop do not crash, or at least haven't yet.

Anymore info I could give to try and help PLEASE ASK! I want to play so bad. This was the most fun ive had gaming in a LONG time. Such a great co-op game!!!!
Posted By: Raze Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 03:54 AM

You can email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.
Posted By: webcider Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 03:17 PM
Hi there is just want to report on my computer

Windows 7 Ultimate
i7 4 ghz
16 gb ram
256 ssd
3 tb hard drive.
Xonar Essential STX sound card
MSI GTX 560 TI 1 gb
That i got into a problem that makes it impossible for me to load any games. i tried many times.

At first i thought it might be because i have my computer put as a System Locale : Japanese so i tried turning it back to English.

That didn't really sort anything i have tried to delete and redownlaod the game from scratch i also tried to verify it many times.

I have tried countless saving locations however all of them are mostly in the first city and starting area. all of them has failed. i ofcourse has been sending my datalogs to Larian so i hope that will help. i am just wondering if other people are experiencing the same. i might try updating my graphic drivers
however the game has no problem joining a friends reloaded game. its just on my own computer.

-----------------------
Praise the Sun:
Thanks for splendid game and i am really happy to have supported you guys especially a lot of regards to the composer of the Divinity series your melodies are so emotional.
Posted By: webcider Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 03:23 PM
Hi have you been able to copy your save files from the laptop and make those files work on your PC?

if yes then that could indeed be a problem regarding the way that the game saves the files. on our computers. if not it could be a problem regarding the method the game loads the data in memory before starting up... I Personally believe that is where the issue is.

so could be interesting to hear your response.
Posted By: Axell Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 03:41 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Windows 8.1
ASUS P6X58D-E
Core i7-920 @ 3.2GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM
XFX Radeon 7970 Core Edition
Posted By: Volkira Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 04:14 PM
Agree.
Not in the mood to throw the shell into the ocean for the 20th time.
Posted By: AdamAz Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 05:03 PM
Had a little bit better luck using quicksave (F5) and then loading the quicksave from the main menu.
Posted By: Benwa69 Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 05:55 PM
Any recent developments on save games not loading? Reinstalled game twice - still no dice. - 2 other crashes - once after raining out burning ship and talking to pablo, once when was attacked by ogre on beach and ran into town - guards attacked me, shut gate with ogre in town then crash. Quick saves or reg saves - still same problem - loading screen then error then close game.

Running Win 7 home prem 64.
AMD FX 6300 - 3.5 ghz and 6 core
8 mb RAM,
AMD Radeon 7800
Direct X 11
Realize this is an alpha - but I am trying to do the various tasks - crafting and stealing and saving game before actions but getting killed so a reload would be appreciated.
Have tried to reload save from EoCApp - still getting error and crash out of game
Posted By: Benwa69 Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 08:33 PM
Game 200...
game froze in town market - accidentally walked away from a vendor - dialogue box was still open - couldn't close the box - could move around the map and sell from both char's inventory - just couldn't clear out/close it - tried to load a recent save.. windows message (Divinity.. has stopped working Windows will close the program..."

Don't want to start from beginning, again... any idea when saved games will reload?
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 08:43 PM
We've solved an issue with the save games and are hoping to release a hot fix tomorrow. it's in QA now.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 08:45 PM
Yay! I really hope it works.
Posted By: JustAHermit Re: Cannot load saved games - 20/01/14 09:10 PM
Can confirm. It had also happened to me, i'm guessing the file corrupted because a new game save will function fine.
Posted By: webcider Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 09:14 PM
I can confirm this works... i have yet to get any luck with manual save but Quick save works fine.
Posted By: DrugstoreMT Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 20/01/14 11:26 PM
YAY! Larian is awesome for that fast of a response!
Posted By: Knallfix Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 21/01/14 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
We've solved an issue with the save games and are hoping to release a hot fix tomorrow. it's in QA now.

Any update on the fix?
Posted By: DrugstoreMT Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 21/01/14 08:39 PM
Update is out....some reports of it working. However for me it is still the same issue even with a reinstall of the game. I cannot make new saves now either due to a levelcache bug....
Posted By: Vonatar Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 21/01/14 09:07 PM
Same with me sadly. Saving or loading games still does not work.

When I try to make a new save now I get a message saying "Savegame failed (copy to levelcache failed). Please report this". Sometimes a saved game still appears in the list, but when I load it the game CTDs.

Also, on a separate note, the Alt key seems to no longer work to highlight items (it did in the previous version).
Posted By: InF1LtRaToR Re: Unable to load any saved games..... - 22/01/14 03:13 AM
Same problem here, can't use save/load stuff =(
© Larian Studios forums