Larian Studios
Posted By: EZY Hair options - 16/09/16 05:23 AM
I understand this is early access, so my question is will there be more hair options added to the game? There are no ethnic hair styles or even a bald head.
Posted By: Orkfaeller Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 01:56 PM
Ethic hairstyles?^^

But seriously, I don't need a lot of hair options ( though, the more the merrier, ofcourse ) - but not being able to make a bald / balding / shaved character is kinda a serious oversight. Especially considering the relatively little ammount of work involved with it. I'm sure the character mesh doesn't just stop at the hairline.

So, in case its not allraedy on your to-do list - I'll echo the OP and say: Please, add Shaved Heads 'till release, for both men and women.

I allways find it disapointing when RPGs don't allow you to create a hairless, female character for no particular reason.
( and sadly Divinity: Original Sin was one of those games )

- Larian, please-please-please, I beg of you, for the sake of us, who like to play zealotic cultists, devout priests, mystic sorcerers, shaved barbarians, ageing army vets, etc-etc

please don't force us to put hair on our guys and gals.

Thank you smile
Posted By: Damashi Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 04:24 PM
The lack of longer hairstyles with bangs for my male human is disappointing, and I hope some get added latter. Male elves in particular really have it bad on the hair front and only have 2 options.
Posted By: leighmone Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 04:31 PM
Yep, the lack of faces for human female character is also disappointing. There are only two acceptable options for me: the one with makeup but it looks kinda old and the other one is too young.
Posted By: Grondoth Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 05:29 PM
I imagine hair and face stuff isn't done, cause there's lots lacking. I mean, there's not any bald heads and the dwarf beards are worse than the human beards. If it IS done, I would urge the artists to make another pass, cause there's lots that needs to be put in!
Posted By: GeneralKong Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 05:59 PM
I would definantly hope they will add more hair and beard options, like bald options
Posted By: iscalio Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 07:39 PM
Another voice kindly requesting more haircuts. I found the lack of dwarven beards and of bald options in general to be the most disappointing, echoing others' sentiments.

Posted By: Sordak Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 08:21 PM
male lizards could use some of those from the concept art, the long spines, id like that.

Female dwarves right now definitly got the best looking ones, female lizards are pretty good too.

Male humans are a bit weird all in all, same for elves.

I hope that we generaly get a bunch more customization options for all races.
I can also only repeat my other point: The lizard faces need more character, for the male lizard only the first and the last face realy work, the faces that look like some random species of reptile just dont look humanoid enaugh for the body and that looks very mismatched.

its a novel idea but i think a coherent style with more differentiation of personality like it is done with the other races would be a better approach.

Same with the hairstyles: right now most of the lizard hairstyles are random horns and flaps added to the skull, i would prefer having more styles that look like the "Spines" haircut from the concept arts but rather in a variety of different styles, maybe braided or whatnot, rather than assorted ornaments on the head.
Something more coherent and flavourfull.
Posted By: Nivv Re: Hair options - 16/09/16 09:24 PM
The female lizard heads are all very nice. Male Lizard head #4 though is kind of strange, the face looks alright but the head itself is overly large and the top/forehead looks like they have a tumor or something.

Lizard male hair #2 is also really off in quality compared to the others, you can actually see blank spaces where it looks like it is floating slightly off of the head, and looks more like a headband/head accessory than part of their body. I didn't notice anything like that for any of the other race/hair/gender combinations.

It's also strange that there does not appear to be a head/hair combination that allows you to create a lizard that looks like the Red Prince in the loading screen/top of the forum image.

It's a disappointing as well that the facial features option is basically only for dwarf/human males.

It would be really great if eyes, and other individual aspects of the body can be customized and recolored.

Also, as others have noted, simply more options overall would help greatly. Like, at least 10 head/hair combos for each race/sex would be good.
Posted By: kingcrowley Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 02:14 AM
I think i would like to see lots more options for hair/face/etc for each class eventually. Variety is the spice of life and all that..
Posted By: Malvolio Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 02:58 AM
Some of the male Dwarf heads are a bit derpy, snow white level. I would like to see some more refined faces for them. Few more hair options would not hurt.
Posted By: Mazikar Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 03:50 AM
never enough hair options
Posted By: stobe Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 03:57 AM
I really hope we at least get alot of the color options back from the first game. Especially for the human characters.
Posted By: Nocturn41 Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 05:11 AM
Hoping to see more options on release for all races and genders!
Posted By: Sordak Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 06:17 AM
Nivv im fairly sure the last Lizard male head is supposed to be a Pachycephalosaurus knock off.

It however has probably the best face of the lot actually looking reptillian and having some degree of personality to it.
Posted By: 4verse Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 07:00 AM
I NEED baldness. Plz add a bald "hairstyle" already. Was missing in DOS as well and I really dont get why.
Posted By: Ayvah Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 08:00 AM
My party has spent most of the game wandering around bald... But this is due to a "hide helmet" bug.
Posted By: Asterotus Re: Hair options - 17/09/16 10:22 AM

Larian Hello, I hope you will consider this proposal)
What about the black scales of lizards?
It would be cool to watch)
sorry for my bad english)I used Google translator
Posted By: Nivv Re: Hair options - 18/09/16 01:44 AM
[quote=Sordak]Nivv im fairly sure the last Lizard male head is supposed to be a Pachycephalosaurus knock off.

It however has probably the best face of the lot actually looking reptillian and having some degree of personality to it. [/quote]

Yeah, the face is alright, though like I said the size of the overall head is a bit over large. Also, that dinosaur-esque top would probably be better serving as another hair option.
Posted By: Damashi Re: Hair options - 18/09/16 06:24 PM
I hope they add hair like Tam's and other male kids to the male humans and elves. Also hope Arhu's hair style gets added as an option for Male humans and dwarfs.
Posted By: Sordak Re: Hair options - 18/09/16 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Nivv
Originally Posted by Sordak
Nivv im fairly sure the last Lizard male head is supposed to be a Pachycephalosaurus knock off.

It however has probably the best face of the lot actually looking reptillian and having some degree of personality to it.

Yeah, the face is alright, though like I said the size of the overall head is a bit over large. Also, that dinosaur-esque top would probably be better serving as another hair option.

Agreed it would make more sense as hair than as part of the head, tho i think it would look glued on.
Posted By: Swedley of Smeg Re: Hair options - 24/09/16 03:41 PM
I just want Dreadlocks (Especially the female one in OS, would always use that option with a wacky hair colour like The Electric Blue, Pure White or the Dragonscale Jade (the only one I remember by name), For any of the races really, either tied up or naturally down (but the colours I mentioned would be a nice addition too, they don't really seem too wacky in the EA)

Not only hair options but face options as well as various accessories wouldn't go amiss either, like piercings, tattoos, scars or heck maybe a LOVELY butterfly hairband
Posted By: vometia Re: Hair options - 24/09/16 04:21 PM
I'm certainly in agreement with the lovely butterfly hairband. It definitely needs to be a thing.
© Larian Studios forums