Larian Studios
Posted By: Plumpbiscuit New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 19/10/16 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16cyjReii4

Looks nice, in the midst of being renovated. Looks similar to the interior of Woodchester Mansion here in the UK.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 19/10/16 08:15 PM
It definitely looks like a much cooler building than most offices. It has a lot of character. However, "character" is also real-estate-agent code for "old and busted", as Larian found out.
Posted By: vometia Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 19/10/16 08:32 PM
I'm actually liking the look of it. I spent most of my life working in modern office buildings with open plan, recycled stale air, artificial light and zero inspiration. I think I'd sooner take old-and-busted.

Okay, admittedly speaking as someone who hasn't actually had to deal with old-and-busted in a working environment. I'm told that in winter it pretty much translates into "very cold".
Posted By: Kilroy512512 Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 19/10/16 08:33 PM
Trust me, you don't want old-and-busted. Been there done that. XD
Posted By: Plumpbiscuit Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 20/10/16 12:02 PM
It isn't necessarily old and busted that makes it cold but the stone, hard surfaces that bounce the cold air off each other. You can counter-act that with radiators. It's a trade-off really: carpet office with AC (good for keeping cold out), or stone floor with radiators (good for keeping heat out).
Posted By: Skallewag Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 23/10/16 10:46 AM
Also having triple glass windows really helps. ^^
Or if we are going fancy, a fireplace or two.
We decided to build a traditional tiled stove but with modern materials at work and its really super effective, not to mention cozy. smile
Posted By: vometia Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 23/10/16 11:02 AM
I'm slightly wary of glazing that gets too fancy: one place I worked had so many layers and coatings that it looked overcast even when the sun was shining. That was a pretty miserable place. Well, other than being a trading centre, so it was kind of unpleasant by default.
Posted By: 4verse Re: New KS update video - NEW OFFICE! - 25/10/16 12:21 PM
i liked the previous more. i seemed ... more stable and complete and ... ;-)
© Larian Studios forums