Larian Studios
Posted By: IrenicusBG3 Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 05:00 PM
What would you like to see in a collector's edition?

Send you ideas!!

Nowadays what seems a must:

- 10" inch statue of a Githyanki riding a Red Dragon.

- Soundtrack

- Sword coast and Baldur's Gate map

- Steel cover

- Hardcover bestiary mini monster manual

- Lots of artwork.

- Dices

What else?
I care less for the hardover bestiary mini monster manual; However, I would purchase a collector's edition if it came with a printed game manual similar to Baldur's Gate 2's, complete with descriptions of every race, class, background, skill, feat, and spell.
Posted By: PUR3ICE Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 05:12 PM
1w4 pocket knife with some typical art or style feature
Posted By: Dagless Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 05:36 PM
Intellect devourer roomba to scuttle around the living room vacuuming my floors, so I can skip some housework and concentrate on the game.
Posted By: Warlocke Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by PUR3ICE
1w4 pocket knife with some typical art or style feature

That is a law suit waiting to happen. 😂
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 06:14 PM
A 200 pages paper french manual, a book with beatifull artwork and a French summary of the events of the FR between BG2 and BG3, a statue with a human/elf/drow fighter/wizard fighting a creature, a beautifull map to hang it next to my BG1/2 maps and an "oldschool" box to put it next to my 3 different BG1 and 2 BG2 boxes.

I would definitely buy this for 250€/$ grin
Posted By: Masakado Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 06:33 PM
Not a human fighting a kobold, a Githyanki fighting an Illithid.

A dice bag with the Dead 3 symbol on it?
The DOS 2 was nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ytiX999Nc
Posted By: Annyliese Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 08:22 PM
Dice and a dice bag or a DM screen would be great thematic collector's items. Unfortunately a bit late for this, but if they really wanted to pop off with a collector's edition, a mini-adventure based on the game for D&D would be a pretty neat move. For people not familiar, it could be their entry point. For people familiar, it'd be a neat collector's item with actual use.
Posted By: Argyle Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 20/09/20 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dagless
Intellect devourer roomba to scuttle around the living room vacuuming my floors, so I can skip some housework and concentrate on the game.

Now we're talking! And have it be able to empty itself, too! That's the worst thing about the Roomba right now, you have to empty it all the time. Maybe they can make a dragon-bagger or something.

I could also use another 12-sided dice. Those are the best.
Posted By: Torque Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 21/09/20 06:17 PM
Forget the githyanki riding a dragon. What we need is a statue of a miniature space hamster in a 1:1 scale.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 21/09/20 07:42 PM
The game would be nice.
Posted By: Tyndaleon Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 21/09/20 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Annyliese
Unfortunately a bit late for this, but if they really wanted to pop off with a collector's edition, a mini-adventure based on the game for D&D would be a pretty neat move. For people not familiar, it could be their entry point. For people familiar, it'd be a neat collector's item with actual use.

I really like the idea of something like this
Posted By: vometia Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 21/09/20 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Torque
Forget the githyanki riding a dragon. What we need is a statue of a miniature space hamster in a 1:1 scale.

Space hamster dice, anyone?
Originally Posted by Wormerine
The game would be nice.

Nah
Posted By: Skallewag Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 22/09/20 04:05 PM
I could go for an exclusive full size water barrel. smile
Posted By: Bercon Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 22/09/20 04:19 PM
You don't actually need to include the game at all, since everybody buys the early access anyway laugh
Originally Posted by Bercon
You don't actually need to include the game at all, since everybody buys the early access anyway laugh

Exactly. Jokes aside, it would be interesting to have some editions without the game if you already bought it digitally. Many other games do that.
Originally Posted by Larian Studios
Are there any plans for a physical Collector's Edition release?Last time we admitted we had plans for something (cough: DOS2 on Switch) everyone took it as a 100% confirmation that it was about to shoot out of the void, so we wouldn’t say plans as such. What we will say is that we’re looking into a few cool ideas, but this isn’t for EA.

I hope they bring very cool ideas and make plenty of copies because will sell fast.
Posted By: Tzelanit Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 25/09/20 05:50 AM
I would love a "Us" brain pet plush more than anything in this world.
Posted By: golw Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 01/10/20 12:19 AM
In order:

- A toolset with a scripting language.
- A player limit of 50 or more, or at least as many as possible into double digits.
- A DM client.
Posted By: Warlocke Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 01/10/20 12:42 AM
50 players! Imagine if they all entered the same battle. That would be nightmarishly boring.
Originally Posted by Warlocke
50 players! Imagine if they all entered the same battle. That would be nightmarishly boring.
Yeah, I loved NWN & NWN2 and the online persistent worlds, but those were real-time, so the only issue with having a dozen or more people joining the same battle was the lag. BG3 being strictly turn-based would mean that having any more than 8 people join a battle could result in 4 minute rounds (assuming that each player spends 30 seconds trying to decide where to move, what to attack, what spell to cast, etc.). In my experience most D&D combats last 3-4 rounds. I don't know if I would want to spend 16 minutes in a single combat (this ofcourse is not accounting for the fact that having more people would likely mean less combat rounds).
Posted By: Inwe Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 02/10/20 01:42 PM
Maybe a nice journal (medieval look) where you can write and draw all your progress, quests, maps... maybe with a customized pages as maps, bestiary with data to be filled, and so on...
Will there actually be a boxed CE?

Will buying the EA on Steam mean I miss out on a boxed CE if as a normal person I can only buy either?

My last boxed CE was Anno 1800 and I actually never opened it as they now give you the full game and extras key digitally, and the box actually contains fancy but empty CD cases.

It might one day become a relic.
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Will there actually be a boxed CE?

Will buying the EA on Steam mean I miss out on a boxed CE if as a normal person I can only buy either?

My last boxed CE was Anno 1800 and I actually never opened it as they now give you the full game and extras key digitally, and the box actually contains fancy but empty CD cases.

It might one day become a relic.

Nobody knows yet, this is what Larian said in one of the community updates:

Q: Are there any plans for a physical Collector's Edition release?

A : Last time we admitted we had plans for something (cough: DOS2 on Switch) everyone took it as a 100% confirmation that it was about to shoot out of the void, so we wouldn’t say plans as such. What we will say is that we’re looking into a few cool ideas, but this isn’t for EA.
Posted By: Raze Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 03/10/20 11:30 AM

I will note that for the D:OS 2 Kickstarter, the physical collector's edition did not include the game itself, since the keys were managed separately (with the extra 1k CEs that were sold directly, Steam keys were added, since people buying them were less likely to already have the game).
It will be so great an editor/DM tools like NWN and NWN2. Possibility to create persistant RP modules.
Posted By: Toot033 Re: Collector's Edition : make your wish!! - 06/10/20 01:16 PM
How about a mini bobble headed "Sven" in his armor ?
© Larian Studios forums