Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I believe this may please you.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/01/22 06:12 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
So darts in particular had some nice features that added utility in D&D. Darts of seeking, darts of wounding, asp nest, and others could be found in low quantities, but provide a decisive advantage in some situations. Darts were more expensive then a sack full of sling stones, and virtually useless against some types of enemies, but when they shined, they shined bright. Slings on the other hand, could themselves be magic items, that could use magical munitions. Slings of seeking were quite a prized item for clerics that didn't favor a crossbow, or spell hurlers who couldn't afford to constantly replenish darts.

These have always been available in D&D CRPGs, and they would be missed if they weren't added to BG3.

Brainer Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I believe this may please you.

I am most assuredly pleased, as wonky as they are at the moment.

Means there's hope for slings as well.

old hand
old hand
How else are we going to see a Halfling fight a Hill Giant à la David versus Goliath?

Brainer Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
How else are we going to see a Halfling fight a Hill Giant à la David versus Goliath?
If only halflings still had their 3e bonuses when using slings and against big creatures...

Still, the future's looking a little brighter for strength martials who need something to throw (javelins), non-strength people who also feel like throwing things (darts), and anyone hoping to do crushing damage with their ranged attacks (slings). I guess it's only a matter of waiting to see how it all gets implemented in the (hopefully) near enough future, because the ammunition concern stands regardless. That implementation of the darts in the video seems to work the same way it does in the Pathfinder games - as in, it's a single self-replenishing dart. Streamlined but unfortunate. As that one post above mentioned, collecting rare darts (and rare ammo in general) was a neat mechanic to play with. Like how in Icewind Dale 2 you have missiles of striking that are practically useless against enemies that aren't immune to normal weapons, but suddenly become a powerful tool against high-end golems, powerful fiends, etc.

Last edited by Brainer; 23/01/22 01:12 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
So ... i just remembered this topic and i went to check ...
And Both Slings, and Darts are missing on everyone, while im quite sure i have seen that profficiency somewhere pre-patch7 (druid maybe? not sure)

So their removal starts to feel a little like they were removed completely. frown

I wonder if Druid could at least get some ranged weapon profficiency, since right now he have litteraly none. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
Online Confused
veteran
Originally Posted by Dustmen
Darts of seeking, darts of wounding, asp nest, and others could be found in low quantities,
You know there will be darts of shoving. The most powerful of all weapons.

old hand
old hand
So slings I can see still being the same distance away, but I'm a bit surprised we didn't get darts alongside the other throwing weapons this patch.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard