Print Thread
#809978 25/02/22 01:59 PM
S
Seager Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey i'm a little confused, About a month ago I re-installed the game, Deleted all my profiles by going to Documents > Larian Studios > Baldur's gate 3 > Player Profiles and just deleting each one.

I ran a "Verify integrity of game files" Via steam and all was fine.

I started playing again now and noticed that it didn't generate any new "Player profiles" I created new ones in game but no document is created.

What should I do? I want to get player profiles back for the ones I've created.

This is all I have in the image below

[img]https://imgur.com/a/RM49gB6[/img]

enthusiast
enthusiast
In Patch 7, Larian has changed the location of its app data. If you go a couple of levels up from the folder on the screenshot, all the way up to "Larian Studios", you might see a file named "Baldur's Gate 3 - New profile location", of "Shortcut" type. It doesn't open for me when I double-click it, but if you open its properties and check the "Target" path, that's where BG3's user data is stored now.

You should be able to use this path (depends on the current Windows user):

Code
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles

You can copy-paste the whole path into the Explorer or command prompt, the variable will be resolved automatically.

S
Seager Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by RutgerF
In Patch 7, Larian has changed the location of its app data. If you go a couple of levels up from the folder on the screenshot, all the way up to "Larian Studios", you might see a file named "Baldur's Gate 3 - New profile location", of "Shortcut" type. It doesn't open for me when I double-click it, but if you open its properties and check the "Target" path, that's where BG3's user data is stored now.

You should be able to use this path (depends on the current Windows user):

Code
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles

You can copy-paste the whole path into the Explorer or command prompt, the variable will be resolved automatically.

Thank you!

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard