Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I know that it was announced that Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to Stadia and PC, but Stadia is largely a dead console at this point. Could we get the game on Xbox or PlayStation?

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
veteran
veteran
I love Stadia.

My computer has trouble playing the Steam version, which I also bought, but I can play it fine on Stadia.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Nice.

Still, it would be nice to have the game on xbox and playstation as well.

veteran
veteran
I am willing to bet the game will come to consoles at some point, but it might not be there at launch. Traditionally, Larian spends a year after release polishing their games and working on console port - then the game gets update for PC and console release.

That said, Larian is far bigger then it used to be, so it is not impossible for one of its branches to work on porting the game, but I still think it is safer to assume that the consoles will come later.

Last edited by Wormerine; 12/06/22 12:12 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master
I know that it was announced that Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to Stadia and PC, but Stadia is largely a dead console at this point. Could we get the game on Xbox or PlayStation?

Me and at least a dozen other dads have bought the game on stadia. You couldn't simply come ask for a console version without displaying your little weenie gamer insecurity by looking down on BG3 players using a different platform or what ?

veteran
veteran
No need to take a stab at a service you are using as a personal offence. I just hope you will get your fill of BG3 before the service joins the Google Graveyard.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master

Me and at least a dozen other dads have bought the game on stadia. You couldn't simply come ask for a console version without displaying your little weenie gamer insecurity by looking down on BG3 players using a different platform or what ?

No need to be insulting. I have no problem with the people who play the game on Stadia, but in terms of sales it's not going to be the most profitable venture. I already have the game on Steam, but all I've got is a laptop so performance isn't the best. I have a PS4 and an Xbox Series S which are better than the laptop I've got, and with inflation being what it is I'm not buying any new PCs or consoles.

Anyway, happy that you're enjoying the game on Stadia.

veteran
veteran
I love stadia. The game works well there for me.

I also have BG3 on steam, but it doesn't play so great on my computer. That's why I got the extra version on stadia.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I'm on Stadia. There are dozens of us... dozens!
On that note, I don't disagree with what you're saying. More platforms means a broader audience, which means more potential people for multiplayer, and maybe there's potential for crossplay, which I always like to see in the industry. DOS2 eventually came to other platforms, even the Switch and Steamdeck, which are handheld consoles, so I don't see why BG3 can't eventually make its way to other platforms, including handhelds or stationary consoles.
You're getting flamed for your opinion on Stadia, but your point is not without merit. I think it's just that Stadia users don't want to be left behind by such rhetoric, having already bought in on the platform.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):

Link Copied to Clipboard