Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I haven't seen too much chatter on this one so I figured I'd bring it up and see if anyone else is having this issue. Unfortunately I have zero clue on any work arounds, fixes, or anything like that. I sincerely apologize but this is a post purely to either bring attention to this bug or (hopefully) have someone impart wisdom on how to fix this.

The issue seems to be tied with either the group stealth or the individual stealth commands, or both. All companions are grouped together, shoulder to shoulder, and none are stealthed. So they should follow the lead character, however, they will not follow at all. I've replicated this with every character including the PC, the bug seems to be localized with the individual characters themselves I.e. if Shadowheart is bugged Lae'zel won't be bugged until it triggers on her. I haven't pin pointed how to replicate the issue precisely but I have managed to replicate it fairly reliably by issuing multiple commands to stealth and unstealth individuals while toggling the group stealth at the same time, grouping and degrouping said individuals might have a part in this as well. You will know that you've replicated the issue when all companions are grouped together within a close proximity and do NOT respond to the group stealth toggle button, nor will they follow the party lead. This bug seems to trigger on the character that is being controlled by the player. A temporary "fix", though I hesitate to call it that, is to use the bugged party member as the party lead. Non bugged party members will follow the bugged individual without problems it seems.
Short resting, long resting, nor fast traveling seem to fix the issue. I've tried permutations of all 3 possibilities of with the portraits grouped and ungrouped. Teleporting individuals alone and the entire group at the same time. I have NOT repeated these too many times so maybe the fix is a random trigger, I doubt it though lol.

To replicate the bug:
1. Select a party member within the team (Seems like they need be grouped up at least 1 other party member)
2. Toggle stealth and group stealth in quick succession while issuing movement commands.
3. The bug will randomly trigger. This will take a variable amount of time, I've triggered it within the first few seconds of attempting it and other times it's taken more than 30 seconds to more than a full minute of repeated effort. I wish I could do more, but my abilities are woefully lacking in the bug testing field.

Bugged individual will maintain their place, ignoring grouped movement commands as well as the grouped stealth command. When directly controlled bugged party members will respond to the grouped stealth command.

I wish that I could provide more information but I just randomly got hit with this issue inside of the druid grove attempting some skullduggery. Probably triggered when I fat fingered the group toggle keybinds and tried to toggle it off at the same time by hitting the keybinds again, triggering the bug by unlucky happenstance. Hopefully this issue is already known about and being worked on. Please let a fella know if there is some work around, as of right now I'm gonna have to sit this patch out until its fixed lol.

Last edited by Strugglebus; 09/07/22 09:41 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Same issue here and logging off and back on does not help.

I was in the "Spider Cave area" and did a group stealth and then undid it and my group is now split up. I can us the group/ungroup command but this does not restore the group of four, even when it shows all linked together. If I use my main character, only one follows me. If I use one of the other three, Gael, for instance, to move, then two of us follow him, but the 4th does not...very strange.

I consider this a game breaking bug

Last edited by Gruntag; 10/07/22 01:27 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm having the same issue, this is very game breaking as I cannot find anyway to fix this. this completely ruins any kind of immersion in the game and turns it from fun into a complete annoyance. I truly hope Larian fixes this ASAP. The only solution that works is to load a save before the bug occurs.

old hand
old hand
Close the game down, load it back up and load a previous save, what worked for me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fallenj
Close the game down, load it back up and load a previous save, what worked for me.
This is probably because theres some action we did ingame which cut the "chaining to other teammembers" and you reloaded without really knowing which action it was which did bug your teammember and therefore probably loaded just the right savegame where everything was ok. Lucky you.

I cant even remember anymore which savegame it was on my bugged out Shadowheart, where she was totally compliant to follow anywhere wink
Now i have to run around with her as teeamleader which really annoys me. What with all those events you run into which start conversation or some events....
This is making me reloading much more often now. To have just the Character as lead for such events.

Last edited by TheHero; 10/07/22 08:00 PM.
old hand
old hand
It happened right in front of me when I did it, I posted in one of the other threads, it wasn't lucky, I was just paying attention.

I tried stealing some items from npcs with two of my characters and had the other two just standing off to the side, the two off to the side stopped following.

I also ran into a bug where npcs were chasing me down like I'm playing a instrument but I'm not, I actually was just stealing a item off another person. Got a npc shadow boxing on a rock now.

Another would be getting a black screen after swapping characters while one was in a conversation and the character I swapping to was caught stealing (This one I actually was worried about, wasn't sure if the previous save would fix it, seeing only a black screen but the esc menu worked sucked).

All those were fixed by saving often and closing the game down and reloading a previous save, this is a beta game and you can only blame yourself. Hope you learn from this.

Last edited by fallenj; 11/07/22 07:22 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Upvoting, this is game breaking to the extreme and should be super-easily reproducible and even easier to fix (so at least it doesn't persist through saves/loads).

L
stranger
stranger
L
All those were fixed by saving often and closing the game down and reloading a previous save, this is a beta game and you can only blame yourself. Hope you learn from this.

This not a beta. For one we paid for this, for two this bug should've been caught within 2 hours of QA work and it's game-breaking enough that they should've held back update 8 if they caught this, since it seems newly introduced with this update.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I had the same problem but 2 chars bugged astarian and wyll, iv stopped playing till i read a patch fix games way buggier then its ever been for me before

veteran
veteran
Companions are also bugged with spells. Friends, for example, if cast on a companion can lead to an infinite disapproval glitch, which should probably be rectified.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LotusBlack

This not a beta. For one we paid for this, for two this bug should've been caught within 2 hours of QA work and it's game-breaking enough that they should've held back update 8 if they caught this, since it seems newly introduced with this update.
Sry EA, pretty much a beta

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bumping this upward! Again.... last patch, I had the same issue. Now NONE of the companions will follow. Does anyone know a workaround? Maybe killing the companions? maybe something to do with switching to turn-based time, while sneaking one (or all) of the companions/yourself?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I just have the same bug, none of my companions follow me anymore. The game is not playable now: it's a game breaking bug. Ought to be hotfixed asap.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I am having this issue ever since my friend relinquished control of characters back to me while playing multiplayer. The game is practically unplayable until this is fixed. Created an account just to bump this thread in case Larian sees it.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Bug still exist.
I have a team of 4 characters created in multiplayer, but play on single. I switch one character to Laezel, to explore the Githyanki Crèche in Monstery. After, when swich back to previous character they dont follow party.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Patch 7 repair issue for me. Nice, well done.

Link Copied to Clipboard