Hi,

I've played this game solo about 6 times. I've beaten the demon with and without weakening him, without Lone Wolf, on all difficulties including honor, without reloading ever, etc. (Point being i know all the different ways it can go down).

Here's the situation. I joined a friend's game bc he was stuck. He coudn't progress in act 4. As in he was getting killed very easily, etc. As I am very seasoned and know like every single thing about this game, we were able to get him progressed and are now almost done with the act and the game.

He plays his custom made character. I joined in as his npc companion lohse.

I have never played multiplayer before so something is confusing me SO BADLY. I don't know if m y experience is a unique bug, the result of me playing as a companion, or what.

When we get to the demon's house, firstly, Malady says she's trying to find a way to weaken him and that I should just go do something else for now.

So ok, we are about to go to Luacian's tome for the final fight, and malady is still telling us that. We know we can kill the demon without weakening him, but I told my friend Lohse's story is so rich, so he wanted to see the snuffing candles part and hear the dialogue from Lohse as he saw on my twitch stream in previous play throughs.

We enter the house and kill the demon extremely easy. ( ... like 2-3 character hits.. i thought he was supposed to be difficult when not weakened? It's just classic difficulty but something felt off.... we were 2 levels lower than him and he wasn't weakened.)

SECONDLY, afar we kill him, There is no dialogue from Lohse. She doesn't cheer or sing like she has on some of my solo playthroughs. IT was the most anticlimactic thing.

Do characters just not talk much when you're actually playing them? I use a custom made character every time and have 3 companions and their stories and dialogues are always so rich. I love this game and story so much but the experience feels extremely hollow. Is it because im playing as a companion? Is there some other bug going on?

If anyone out there plays as the companions and this is normal, for the love of god, the story is so much better if you don't play as them. Have them as a companion instead so they have a an autonomous voice.

Secondly, this is my first time playing lone wolf. Between that and my friend not being opposed to reloading (i don't allow myself to reload solo, even on honor mode, but to each his own), i can say the game is so much more fun with a full party. You have conflicting quests and interests and it makes the game interesting. Do you know how scary it is when you are playing honor mode for the first time, and don't allow yourself to do reloads, and you pick different options than you've ever done, and suddenly you have a wave of deathfog rolling towards you in the arx seweres after 200 hours of gameplay? Let me tell you, it's scary, but so fun and rewarding).

Playing act 4 on lone wolf as a companion character has made this game feel so hollow. If it's because lone wolf and playing as companion, please try playing game without it sometime.

Anywho, off my soapbox, just wondering if anyone can tell me if these are bugs are just par for teh course due to our party combo (his custom made char and me playing as Lohse). Like malady not taking us to the candles, and the lack of interesting dialogue after killing him.

Thx.